PDA

View Full Version : Rule 34

renovater
21/02/2007, 11:45 PM
Just to add what T k had to say regards to rule 34 If its not broken dont fix it.
As I see it, will benafit the smaller clubs and stop the bigger fish from using players from out side and internal clubs. Another words 31JULY prevents players from moving untill 1st of jan. by which time would be to late.should a player come to play in the mayo league after the winter league is over, he will have no choice but to remain here untill the january window. by which time is to late.:)
go with it Tom make it work. 31st july means ya say were you are or else January!!!:)

gnasher
22/02/2007, 5:01 PM
What about Rule 42? Anything on that?

renovater
22/02/2007, 8:10 PM
What about Rule 42? Anything on that?
I will try to be frank with you what's rule 42 got to do with 34 try:mad: and explain because I am lost,unless you are trying to be funny.which I dont see the funny side.

Thunderblaster
22/02/2007, 10:36 PM
Rule 34 covers junior football in Mayo. As for Connacht and FAI Junior Cups, would their own rules on registration/transfer dates come into jurisdiction? As Mayo is summer football and everyone else (nearly) play in the winter, one needs to be careful in the application of the rules.

renovater
25/02/2007, 6:15 PM
Rule 34 covers junior football in Mayo. As for Connacht and FAI Junior Cups, would their own rules on registration/transfer dates come into jurisdiction? As Mayo is summer football and everyone else (nearly) play in the winter, one needs to be careful in the application of the rules.
Now hold on a minute, the Fai Has studied the Mayo Rule. They have said we need to tidy it up. They the F.A.I. hve made it clear!! our transfer dead line 31st July regardless of external Competitions.
Ie Westport could not transfer Bourke from Ballyheane if the rule was read correctly as the transfer dead line is 31st December in Connaught Cup He could only transfer from the Open window from 1st Jan, by which time was to late.However if you were still in The F.A.I. Cup he could play in that competition due to the transfer window alows you to 31st january in that competition.
This was the case that aloud Castlebar Celtic K'Kelly last year to be deem to play as it was considered he transfered on the 1st January. which to me makes alot of good sense.:)

mandarin frogs
01/03/2007, 10:28 AM
Now hold on a minute, the Fai Has studied the Mayo Rule. They have said we need to tidy it up. They the F.A.I. hve made it clear!! our transfer dead line 31st July regardless of external Competitions.
Ie Westport could not transfer Bourke from Ballyheane if the rule was read correctly as the transfer dead line is 31st December in Connaught Cup He could only transfer from the Open window from 1st Jan, by which time was to late.However if you were still in The F.A.I. Cup he could play in that competition due to the transfer window alows you to 31st january in that competition.
This was the case that aloud Castlebar Celtic K'Kelly last year to be deem to play as it was considered he transfered on the 1st January. which to me makes alot of good sense.:)

Looks like you're taking this very seriously. I mean, its not something that should keep you awake at night! Its stuff like this that would "out-FOX" a solicitor! You're taking the "MICHAEL" with all this rulebook craic. Just a thought.

shelbourne1904
01/03/2007, 11:11 AM
My apologies but I find I cannot understand what is being said here.
Can someone clarify for me.
If a player signs for a club in the Mayo summer League and the transfer season closes on 31st July whats to stop him signing for a club in a winter League after the Mayo League is over?When does the Mayo League finish???

OscarBravo
01/03/2007, 1:33 PM
My apologies but I find I cannot understand what is being said here.
Can someone clarify for me.
If a player signs for a club in the Mayo summer League and the transfer season closes on 31st July whats to stop him signing for a club in a winter League after the Mayo League is over?When does the Mayo League finish???

AS far as I know there is nothing to stop a Mayo player leaving to join a winter league after July 31. I think Rule 34 just means that players cannot sign for a Mayo League club after this date, be it to play in Mayo League competitions or Connacht/FAI Junior Cup until the window reopens in January.
It was problematic in recent years because you had big Mayo League sides 'topping' up with players for the big external competitions after the Mayo League (a summer league) was over.
I'm sure Reno will correct me if I'm wrong.

renovater
04/03/2007, 5:10 PM
Looks like you're taking this very seriously. I mean, its not something that should keep you awake at night! Its stuff like this that would "out-FOX" a solicitor! You're taking the "MICHAEL" with all this rulebook craic. Just a thought.
Would you try and stick to the topic concerned without getting personal, as out line when you come on this site. its soundslike you haven't read the rules before you come on this site.
By the way you are being out foxed as you call it. because you have the wrong man.which is some thing you can't prove.so I sugest you stick to what you do best, remember I have the right to reply !:cool:

renovater
04/03/2007, 5:18 PM
AS far as I know there is nothing to stop a Mayo player leaving to join a winter league after July 31. I think Rule 34 just means that players cannot sign for a Mayo League club after this date, be it to play in Mayo League competitions or Connacht/FAI Junior Cup until the window reopens in January.
It was problematic in recent years because you had big Mayo League sides 'topping' up with players for the big external competitions after the Mayo League (a summer league) was over.
I'm sure Reno will correct me if I'm wrong.
You almost got it right' means once the transfer window closes.no player can move from with in our league either.unless he has not signed for a club.You are only able to transfer when the transfer window opens 1st of Jan.
:ball:

mandarin frogs
04/03/2007, 7:01 PM
Would you try and stick to the topic concerned without getting personal, as out line when you come on this site. its soundslike you haven't read the rules before you come on this site.
By the way you are being out foxed as you call it. because you have the wrong man.which is some thing you can't prove.so I sugest you stick to what you do best, remember I have the right to reply !:cool:

"Personal"? must have hit a nerve! Name one person who has been "personal" on this forum! Correct me if im wrong, but i guessing "renovater" is'nt your christian name! What i can prove, is that everyone on this, or any thread, has definately got the wrong man! ...and im not taking the "MICHAEL"!!!:confused:

renovater
07/03/2007, 9:55 PM
"Personal"? must have hit a nerve! Name one person who has been "personal" on this forum! Correct me if im wrong, but i guessing "renovater" is'nt your christian name! What i can prove, is that everyone on this, or any thread, has definately got the wrong man! ...and im not taking the "MICHAEL"!!!:confused:
will you get life you seem to be on the wrong thread:o

mandarin frogs
08/03/2007, 12:29 PM
will you get life you seem to be on the wrong thread:o

Its your thread! Did you start this thread so only you could post on it?

renovater
08/03/2007, 6:40 PM
Its your thread! Did you start this thread so only you could post on it?
I think you got the wrong end of the stick, sure you can comment. That why I put the thread there, as long you stick to comments or suggestion's relate to rule 34.
Be my guess have you any thoughts that you would like to share with us so we can continue the debate. :)