PDA

View Full Version : Training game v UL

Pages : [1] 2

Lim till i die
21/02/2007, 9:06 PM
Took a ramble over for a few mins tonight to see what was what. Starting line up as follows:

Ryan (Pat's keepers brother I think)
SOM
Finny
Purcell
Buckley
Cosgrove
Waters
Conway (Dave)
A.N. Other
Wall
"Bocca" :confused:

Knocking around the sideline were Jimmy Fyffe, Nigel Keady and in a worrying development that U-21s keeper from last year whos name escapes me and who frankly isn't within a country mile of being up to any standard and I include u-20s in that :eek:

balls
21/02/2007, 9:18 PM
is boca antony glasheen of saint michaels

Lim till i die
21/02/2007, 9:19 PM
is boca antony glasheen of saint michaels

Ya this chap came from St. Michaels alright AFAIK possibly via Kerry League :confused:

Westside
21/02/2007, 9:24 PM
and in a worrying development that U-21s keeper from last year whos name escapes me and who frankly isn't within a country mile of being up to any standard and I include u-20s in that :eek:Would that be John Healy, speaking of an U21 side, will L37 have a side in this for the coming season.:confused:

Lim till i die
21/02/2007, 9:27 PM
Would that be John Healy, speaking of an U21 side, will L37 have a side in this for the coming season.:confused:

No the youngfella, hands of grease he had :ball:

Westside
21/02/2007, 9:29 PM
No the youngfella, hands of grease he had :ball:Oh yea that fella, yeah I can't remember his name either, think he came from Corbally or somewhere:rolleyes:

Lim till i die
21/02/2007, 9:37 PM
Oh yea that fella, yeah I can't remember his name either, think he came from Corbally or somewhere:rolleyes:

Yup, he wasn't very good was he :eek: :rolleyes:

Lim till i die
21/02/2007, 10:55 PM
Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.........

Seamus O'Regan is the lads name

Now where did I hear that surname before :rolleyes:

LFC in Exile
22/02/2007, 7:42 AM
SOM
Finny
Purcell
Buckley
Cosgrove
Waters
Conway (Dave)
A.N. Other
Wall

Nucleus of a good side there. With a few good additions it could be very competitive. Steve, Finny, Purcell and Buckley woul dbe a fine defensive line. Midfield needs a bit more though. I'd like to see McGee bring in an experienced eL midfielder to add a bit of bite.

Still, for a mid-week local friendly its not bad. By the way, any news on the non-local players McGee might bring in?:ball:

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 7:51 AM
Still, for a mid-week local friendly its not bad. By the way, any news on the non-local players McGee might bring in?:ball:

Agreed, we will still have one of the best back fours in the division

Erm talk of Nigel Keady and some Salthill Devon players of whom a know nothing :ball:

Terry
22/02/2007, 8:13 AM
Ryan isnt a bad player, hes still only around 20 and was playing with our u21s the season before last. Had trials with Coventry and a few other english clubs during his stay here but was obviously unsuccessful.

leather
22/02/2007, 8:13 AM
[QUOTE=Lim till i die;628327]Took a ramble over for a few mins tonight to see what was what. Starting line up as follows:

SOM
Finny
Purcell
Buckley
Cosgrove
Waters
Conway (Dave)
A.N. Other
Wall

ARE WE GOING THE WAY OF RUGBY WITH THE A.N.OTHER PLAYER

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 8:25 AM
ARE WE GOING THE WAY OF RUGBY WITH THE A.N.OTHER PLAYER

Nah that's his name

He's a Ghanain lad, very skillful, very pacy, only has one hand and one eye though

leather
22/02/2007, 8:36 AM
Should Fit Right In

young boy
22/02/2007, 8:41 AM
who won match + scorers

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 9:02 AM
who won match + scorers

Couldn't tell you, only hung around for two minutes

the only 1
22/02/2007, 9:11 AM
taught alan barry +mc,carry would be there?

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 9:15 AM
taught alan barry +mc,carry would be there?

Didn't see them

Like I said was only there for two seconds

Have you any other "scoops" for us while your here :p

the dazzler
22/02/2007, 11:06 AM
Didn't see them

Like I said was only there for two seconds

Have you any other "scoops" for us while your here :p

lim37 might not have the use of jackman this year the new committee do not want them to use it this came from an ex member who resigned last nite

leather
22/02/2007, 11:14 AM
not the new com'ttee, not yet elected, but one or two of old com'ttee.
Chairman of one of the big clubs does not want senior footy in jackman. me thinks that this spells trouble as he was one of the people who organised last nights coup! with his cronies now in place god help senior footy in limk...

young boy
22/02/2007, 11:17 AM
here we go again. junior soccer trying to stop the senior team from progressing. there is no shock there.

there is no other available place so if they do stop them playing what will occur

gaidin
22/02/2007, 12:00 PM
not the new com'ttee, not yet elected, but one or two of old com'ttee.
Chairman of one of the big clubs does not want senior footy in jackman. me thinks that this spells trouble as he was one of the people who organised last nights coup! with his cronies now in place god help senior footy in limk...

Not just senior football but god help football in general in Limerick with these people running things.

limfan
22/02/2007, 12:15 PM
Took a ramble over for a few mins tonight to see what was what. Starting line up as follows:

SOM
Finny
Purcell
Buckley
Cosgrove
Waters
Conway (Dave)
A.N. Other
Wall

Knocking around the sideline were Jimmy Fyffe, Nigel Keady and in a worrying development that U-21s keeper from last year whos name escapes me and who frankly isn't within a country mile of being up to any standard and I include u-20s in that :eek:

Ya that was the team and A.N other is Conway (Steve). Limerick won 1-0 and should of won by more. A corner from SC scored by Cosgrove. Next game if fri nite against Bray in Jackman, that should give us a realistic look at how we get on against EL teams this season.

LFC in Exile
22/02/2007, 12:20 PM
Lads, relax on the jackman thing. Is this another rumour that everyone in the town swears blind is true and turns out to be another damp squib? Let's wait and see.:ball:

young boy
22/02/2007, 1:11 PM
is that kevin waters who played in the middle.

looking at that team it does not look strong compared to other EL teams.hopefully they will get in another one or two good midfielders and strikers.

leather
22/02/2007, 1:21 PM
Lads, relax on the jackman thing. Is this another rumour that everyone in the town swears blind is true and turns out to be another damp squib? Let's wait and see.:ball:

NOT A RUMOUR!!!
One of the outgoing com'tee, who is also a trustee of the ground, tried to bring up about lf37 using jackman. One of the other outgoing com'tee stated that this was not the time or place fro this discussion.. the chairman of one club does not want lf37 in jackmann and this guy has clout. questions were raised to why the bulldozers were already in jackman as the clubs had not given the go ahead..
the above are fact..
i hope that all the football people in limk wise up and see the lf37 developement as a good thing if done correctly.
best of luck to you limk supporters

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 2:32 PM
NOT A RUMOUR!!!
One of the outgoing com'tee, who is also a trustee of the ground, tried to bring up about lf37 using jackman. One of the other outgoing com'tee stated that this was not the time or place fro this discussion.. the chairman of one club does not want lf37 in jackmann and this guy has clout.

Ooooh the chairman of one whole club

I'm absolutely terrified of these clowns and their "power" :rolleyes:

Suppose it's one of the infamous "BIG FOUR" :D :D

the hoops
22/02/2007, 3:04 PM
Ooooh the chairman of one whole club

I'm absolutely terrified of these clowns and their "power" :rolleyes:

Suppose it's one of the infamous "BIG FOUR" :D :D

dont know what you find funny theres junior clubs in limerick with better finances than lim37 ye are ****ing bums begging for fields for the last few years ye were not slagging junior clubs when ye were useing pikes field

pearse4t3
22/02/2007, 3:33 PM
At the end of the day IT IS A JUNIOR GROUND. I think that L37 playing in Jackman pk is benefical to both junior and senior football in limerick. First of all L37 need a ground to play and Jackmans position in the city centre makes it viable for the public that senior football needs to attract. Secondly the ground needs a face lift,its the home of junior football in Limerick and is in semi-ruin,allowing senior football to be played their releases monies from the FAI to improve the ground.

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 3:37 PM
dont know what you find funny theres junior clubs in limerick with better finances than lim37 ye are ****ing bums begging for fields for the last few years ye were not slagging junior clubs when ye were useing pikes field

Oooooh, it's a big scary fan of one of the "BIG FOUR", don't hurt me :D

I'm genuinely not sure if I could explain it in simple enough words for you to understand :rolleyes:

Pathetic :rolleyes:

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 3:41 PM
At the end of the day IT IS A JUNIOR GROUND. I think that L37 playing in Jackman pk is benefical to both junior and senior football in limerick. First of all L37 need a ground to play and Jackmans position in the city centre makes it viable for the public that senior football needs to attract. Secondly the ground needs a face lift,its the home of junior football in Limerick and is in semi-ruin,allowing senior football to be played their releases monies from the FAI to improve the ground.

Only semi-ruin :rolleyes:

I dunno what kind of fcukwits have been running the ldmc down through the years but they make the various shysters who have had control of senior football at various times look positively progressive

That Junior Forum is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Tiny minds, tiny clubs.

Well except for the "BIG FOUR" obviously :D :D

gaidin
22/02/2007, 3:41 PM
Oooooh, it's a big scary fan of one of the "BIG FOUR", don't hurt me :D

I'm genuinely not sure if I could explain it in simple enough words for you to understand :rolleyes:

Pathetic :rolleyes:

The thing is these 'top' clubs have influence with the 'smaller' clubs and could get them to vote against L37 using Jackman. Just in the same manner as they got them to pass a vote of no confidence against the current LDMC.

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 3:44 PM
The thing is these 'top' clubs have influence with the 'smaller' clubs and could get them to vote against L37 using Jackman. Just in the same manner as they got them to pass a vote of no confidence against the current LDMC.

How in the name of God do the smaller clubs allow themselves to be dictated to by these morons though??

Is a lobotomy a prerequisite to get involved with Junior Ball in this town :confused:

Roadend
22/02/2007, 4:07 PM
Surely part of L37 getting their licence would be having a guaranteed home pitch. So if some sort of lease was signed no committee could get them out of there.

the hoops
22/02/2007, 6:01 PM
How in the name of God do the smaller clubs allow themselves to be dictated to by these morons though??

Is a lobotomy a prerequisite to get involved with Junior Ball in this town :confused:

serious you talk like a right boring ****** :D

Westside
22/02/2007, 6:52 PM
ye are ****ing bums begging for fields for the last few yearsAnd tell me Hoops where exactly have you guys been playing since you left Miltown, here and there.... where ever I lay my hat:eek: I think what Ltid was trying to say is for years none of the junior clubs would support senior soccer in our city and its why we cannot progress
too many backward asses ruling the junior ranks, you would think that the clubs in the city would want the home grown players to move on and up to better things at their home town club rather than having to move to the likes of Shels and other clubs in the league and even the recently departed Barrett, Kelleher and Colbert to you guys,if they have any ambition at all they will want to play at a higher level, and maybe eventually get a big move to the UK, (ala Doyle, Long, Bennett & O'Callaghan), if years ago we had the backing of all clubs in the city and county, we wouldn't be ****ing around the 1st Division, we would be an established Prem. side, we have the players in this city and if everyone sang from the same hymn sheet, we'd have the fan base also. All anyone honest Limerick supporter wants is a successful team that can compete at the highest level without interference from people who don't have any ambition other than the level they are at.

olegunnar
22/02/2007, 7:11 PM
How did the UL players do? Any of them be up to standard?? James Hayes, Liam o Flynn, Paul Dannaher, Eoin O Brien, all played U21 last year?

they also have paul cummins & rob coombes who played oscar traynor, and their freshers got to the competition cup final this year??

What ya reckon>??

4tothefloor
22/02/2007, 9:35 PM
the chairman of one club does not want lf37 in jackmann and this guy has clout.
See, if we were Shamrock Rovers fans the only clout he'd have or be getting would be......... :D

gael353
22/02/2007, 9:55 PM
At the end of the day IT IS A JUNIOR GROUND.

correct but it will never be developed unless senior soccer is allowed in, which it has been. The only ones bitching over this are the "big" clubs who thought limerick would go to them and thus get their own grounds developed. But limerick 37 chose to benifet all football by selecting Jackman as the home of all soccer.

Lim till i die
22/02/2007, 10:29 PM
Lads in fairness to him I'm pretty sure he's a fan of that other world renowned green and white hooped team..... No not Glasgow Celtic you fools I'm refering to Pike Rovers :p

Arguably the BIGGEST of the "BIG FOUR" :D :D

fc hammer
23/02/2007, 12:34 AM

Who rattled your cage ! Stop being so bitter, nobody cares what your saying, go back to your junior section with the rest of the cavemen.:p

leather
23/02/2007, 6:13 AM
Todays Questions:
Who are the big four
i bet the answers will be amusing...

limk senior football supporters, try not to be so condescending to junior football clubs please, i believe that the majority of junior clubs would love for the lf37 proposals to be brought foward, but some of the Bigger clubs will use the limk supports attitude on this site as ANother reason to screw th lf37 proposal.Just because you follow senior or junior does not make you more informed as to football in genearal...

Lim till i die
23/02/2007, 8:02 AM
Todays Questions:
Who are the big four
i bet the answers will be amusing...

In the European Game or The Irish game??

In Ireland it goes:
Pike
Balla
Fairview
Boro

In Europe its:
Real Madrid
Pike
Man U
Barcelona

but some of the Bigger clubs will use the limk supports attitude on this site as ANother reason to screw th lf37 proposal.

In fairness this says way more about them than it does about us ;)

leather
23/02/2007, 8:20 AM
Cant agree with real madrid above pike...

agree that the attitude of some of the clubs in junior football sucks!!!

leather
23/02/2007, 8:22 AM
Please dont place my club (boro)with the first 3 on your list...we are just a football club, neither BIG nor small, just trying to to do the best that is possible. i can promise you that we had nothing to do with the other nights coup and support the lf37 proposal..

young boy
23/02/2007, 8:28 AM
with alan barry gone the boro will b in right trouble.nobody to score goals.

Hoops 1967
23/02/2007, 8:43 AM
I can't beleive the attitude of some of the Limerick supporters on the forum. Lads L37 have no pitch, for me that says it all. There's clubs who play junior division 4 football in limerick who have there own pitch.

Don't try to blame junior football for the state of senior football, senior football in this town was ran into the groud by the people who ran it for the last 20 years.
If it wasn't for junior clubs in this town then were would L37 get their players from?

I hope L37 play in jackman and are successful because it's a disgrace that limerick doesn't have a senior soccer team at the same level as cork or derry.

leather
23/02/2007, 8:49 AM
with alan barry gone the boro will b in right trouble.nobody to score goals.
as i have already stated on this site, if allan Barry was to join lf37 he would leave the boro with the best wishes from all borites.. dont be so sure that he has left. as of 12 o'clock last evening he had not asked or requested a transfer to any club...also i think that you are being a bit unfair to alan's teammates. Alan would be the first to admit that he gets a lot of his goals due to the hard work and ability of his teamates..

see's it
23/02/2007, 9:54 AM
nobody will be complaining when limerick37 are playing UEFA cup games in jackman next year

LFC in Exile
23/02/2007, 9:58 AM
In game theory a threat is only credible if it is the interests of the person making the threat to carry it out. The threat to remove L37 from Jackman is not credible. It is in the interests of the LDMC to have L37 playing there - both in terms of getting funds to develop the ground and the positive effect from football authotities towards it. If they remove L37 now suddenly the bad guys in all this will not be DD, Grace or Joe Young - it will the LDMC that will have ensured no senior football in the city. Try getting a grant from the FAI after that.

Of course game theory presumes people act rationally. Thats the problem right there. :rolleyes: