PDA

View Full Version : Friendly

pineapple stu
21/02/2007, 6:09 PM
Against UCD on 3 March at 6:00 in Belfield somewhere (either Belfield Park or the reserves pitch just across from it)

Should be free entry.

ForzaWexford
21/02/2007, 7:56 PM
handy one for me seeing as i'm staying on campus up here! hopefully i wont have a match in wex on the same day.......

AVRoe
22/02/2007, 11:46 AM
There were a couple more mentioned in the Wexford People yesterday, don't remember the date but Limerick37 are coming to Newcastle soon and there's an away game against Bray as well, if I recall correctly. Check in Unison tomorrow or Saturday, they should have the People up by then.

Thunder-WYFC
22/02/2007, 11:51 AM
Kilkenny-Away-Saturday
Limerick-Home-Sunday
Bray-Away-Thursday
UCD-Away-Saturday

They are the confirmed fixtures I think.

wexteam
22/02/2007, 4:47 PM
Can ye put down the times and let us know if they are playing at Brays/UCD actually main pitch that they use in the eircom league.

Wont get to see too many matches in wexford as they are on a sunday and I live in Dublin!

DmanDmythDledge
22/02/2007, 4:50 PM
Can ye put down the times and let us know if they are playing at Brays/UCD actually main pitch that they use in the eircom league.
If it's not our main pitch it will be the training pitch right beside it. Around the P in the bottom right of this (http://www.stigonline.com/league/directions.htm##21) map.

wexteam
22/02/2007, 4:54 PM
Just in off Fosters Ave then

DmanDmythDledge
22/02/2007, 5:01 PM
Just in off Fosters Ave then
Yeah.

passinginterest
23/02/2007, 3:35 PM
From braywanderers.ie:

Bray Wanderers will host First Division new boys Wexford Youths on Thursday 01 March. Kick-off at the Carlisle Grounds will be at 8pm, and admission will be E5, E2 for schoolchildren & Senior Citizens.

Anyone going? I think I will. It's handy if your living in Dublin. Just get on the Dart get off at Bray and the ground is on your right when ya come out of the station.

Tazskool
23/02/2007, 4:25 PM
Forza..

Any chance you can get a team listing and positions please mate? There is absolutly FA info so far on Wexford Youths..

As I am also new to the LoI any my father is from Co. Wexford I am going to follow them ,as best as possible from England, thru hell and high water :)

Also since FM07 has no info on them I can add them all into it properly :)

ForzaWexford
23/02/2007, 11:55 PM
I'll be at the Bray game and maybe the UCD one, too busy playing soccer meself this weekend to go to either game:(

Taz, AFAIK the final squad is only being selected after the 2 friendlys this weekend. There are still just over 30 players involved at this stage. I reckon the final squad will be in the local press this Wednesday....might know a little bit more then!

Tazskool
24/02/2007, 1:26 PM
cool cool :)

Citymark
25/02/2007, 12:06 PM
I think there is afriendly in Wexford today at 2pm
To be honest not much info available.
I'm going to take some photos of ground/pitch/facilities etc and try and post them up later.
Would be nice to see what sort of jersey they have.

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 12:55 PM
yep 2pm today vs limerick 37.Not much out their to photo yet.Just a complex which is being built,2 pitches and 4 5-a-side astro turf pitches

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 1:11 PM
I'll be at the Bray game and maybe the UCD one, too busy playing soccer meself this weekend to go to either game:(

Taz, AFAIK the final squad is only being selected after the 2 friendlys this weekend. There are still just over 30 players involved at this stage. I reckon the final squad will be in the local press this Wednesday....might know a little bit more then!

I think squad is been selected at 4pm today

Needtoknow
25/02/2007, 4:35 PM
Lads can ye fill us in as to the game today when ye get a chance. I'd love to know what ye thought of L37 and feedback on what players you thought were good. Best of luck Thanks.:ball:

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 4:40 PM
The game was a shocker IMO.I left early like alot of people,at the time Wexford led 3-2.Not many Limerick players stood out as they were pretty bad.Also whats with your keeper??about 16 stone and couldn't kick the ball,also mi**** a back-pass in the 1st half

ForzaWexford
25/02/2007, 4:43 PM
What kind of team had Wexford out? Seen as the squad is being picked today Mick might have wanted to have a look at some of the "weaker" players in action.....

Needtoknow
25/02/2007, 4:52 PM
The game was a shocker IMO.I left early like alot of people,at the time Wexford led 3-2.Not many Limerick players stood out as they were pretty bad.Also whats with your keeper??about 16 stone and couldn't kick the ball,also mi**** a back-pass in the 1st half

Doesn't sound like the same Keeper as against Bray Friday night. Interesting to see who played if they were trying out fringe players as the official launch & squad announcement is Wed night. If you get anymore detail please post thanks.

Citymark
25/02/2007, 4:58 PM
Only stayed for first half.
Freezing up there.
Centre half at back was good, nobody else caught the eye
Will be a while before they get up to speed

Needtoknow
25/02/2007, 5:07 PM
Lads did anyone stay till the end for the final score?:)

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 5:17 PM
What kind of team had Wexford out? Seen as the squad is being picked today Mick might have wanted to have a look at some of the "weaker" players in action.....

yea looked like some of the weaker players were playing.There was a lad playing up front 'Carlos' someone said he was Bulgarian-he impressed and scored 2.

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 5:18 PM
Lads did anyone stay till the end for the final score?:)

I left with bou 15 left and it was 3-2.God crowd there at the start but only a handful left when I was leaving

ForzaWexford
25/02/2007, 5:23 PM
That Carlos fella was involved with Sligo last year. I'd say Mick played a weaker selection alright. Seeing as the Kilkenny game was called off yesterday he only had 90 mins to pick around 20 players from over 30....

I'd say it'll take a while for the team to find it's feet alright given the lack of eL experience in the squad, but as the season goes on the team can get stronger IMO.

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 5:25 PM
Apparently there was a game held out in Newcastle yesterday between the squad.

Tazskool
25/02/2007, 6:58 PM
Anyone know of any sites with the report and team line up on it pls?

Very hard to get anything in England about it :(

Rory H
26/02/2007, 10:47 AM
That Carlos fella was involved with Sligo last year. .

2 years ago

there must be good nightclubs in wexford..its the only way i kind think of him wanting to go there:D

The Stars
26/02/2007, 11:50 AM
There was a lad playing up front 'Carlos' someone said he was Bulgarian-he impressed and scored 2.

well someone has hearing problems...Carlos is Bolivian, played with us when we got promoted,he is ok,should do a job for ye,and no doubt ye will see him in the nightclubs once or twice throughout the season

smellyfeet
26/02/2007, 12:14 PM
Are you sure it was Limerick 37.
I know a few of their players and saw 1 of them yesterday
while this game was on.

passinginterest
26/02/2007, 12:32 PM
It was confirmed by one of the guys involved with the club on the Limerick forum that Limerick 37 did not play a friendly on Sunday. So the question is who was playing? Was it just a game between squad players? Was it another Eircom league side or an Oscar Traynor team from somewhere?

2legged tackle
26/02/2007, 2:33 PM
It was confirmed by one of the guys involved with the club on the Limerick forum that Limerick 37 did not play a friendly on Sunday. So the question is who was playing? Was it just a game between squad players? Was it another Eircom league side or an Oscar Traynor team from somewhere?

Lads the game yesterday had nothing to do with Lim 37, the oc
scar traynor or the LDMC. Wexford youths played Mary I's College team which has two Eircom league first division players and the rest are junior players.
A 3-2 win does'nt sound very convincing over this college team.

Thunder-WYFC
26/02/2007, 4:26 PM
I was thinking how could a LOI side be that bad

passinginterest
02/03/2007, 2:31 PM
Just saw somewhere that Wexford Youths to play Waterford Utd tonight in fudraiser in Dunmore East, that would mean 3games in 3days if UCD game still on Saturday too. Would suggest to me that the team against Bray was probably a mix of likely starters and reserves.