PDA

View Full Version : Logo Limerick 37

Pages : [1] 2

IJsbrandij
21/02/2007, 3:35 PM
Dear people,

where can I find the logo of Limerick 37 FC?

www.soccerway.com

Monkfish
23/02/2007, 11:46 AM
Dear people,

where can I find the logo of Limerick 37 FC?

www.soccerway.com

Good question, waiting to put it on flag. Probably see it on the launch night on wednesday????

KevB76
23/02/2007, 12:24 PM
Its on their ad in the Leader

Monkfish
23/02/2007, 1:19 PM
Any chance we can see it without wasting our money? :mad:

LFC in Exile
23/02/2007, 1:55 PM
Its on their ad in the Leader

That's a great help to a fella in Rotterdam. :)

I'm sure Gael or LTID can arrange to get us a jpeg image of it using their vast contacts. :)

IJsbrandij
28/02/2007, 8:36 AM
That would be very nice. I want the logo for the start of the competition !! :):)

It would not be nice to have a blanc spot there.

DmanDmythDledge
28/02/2007, 5:26 PM
Is this the new crest?

RĂ©iteoir
28/02/2007, 7:17 PM
I'm liking that - yes siree

Very modern

Comic Book Guy
28/02/2007, 7:28 PM
Looks good fair play!

Monkfish
28/02/2007, 8:52 PM
Thats it alright!

Risteard
28/02/2007, 9:17 PM
Like it alright.
What's the writing on either side?
Sponsorship?

Westside
28/02/2007, 9:28 PM
Looks like Super Blues

Monkfish
28/02/2007, 9:30 PM
Like it alright.
What's the writing on either side?
Sponsorship?

The picture is of a flag (which are for sale) the writing simply says 'super blues'. Mixed opinions of the new badge, however we wont complain! :)

thelimerick
28/02/2007, 9:57 PM
This is the Limerick37 Crest.
The castle image is a reference to King Johns Castle and also to Limerick heritage as a whole. On top of the castle sits a crown, sybolising the club's ambition to be Champions of Ireland once again. The Crown has four prongs to represent the four bodies that have come together, Senior Football, LDMC, LSL and Ladies Football.
Two blue swirls meet together behind the castle image. This refers to the Shannon and Abbey Rivers that meet in the heart of Limerick City. An anchor in the background also refers to the riverside city, the docks and its workers.
Two flags fly the blue, one on either side of the castle, one for City, one for County. A dark blue band frames the crest.

TheBoss
28/02/2007, 10:06 PM
Looks like a great logo to me.

soccerc
28/02/2007, 10:30 PM
The castle image is a reference to King Johns Castle and also to Limerick heritage as a whole. On top of the castle sits a crown, sybolising the club's ambition to be Champions of Ireland once again. The Crown has four prongs to represent the four bodies that have come together, Senior Football, LDMC, LSL and Ladies Football.
Two blue swirls meet together behind the castle image. This refers to the Shannon and Abbey Rivers that meet in the heart of Limerick City. An anchor in the background also refers to the riverside city, the docks and its workers.
Two flags fly the blue, one on either side of the castle, one for City, one for County. A dark blue band frames the crest.

Excellent graphic design for print but how about other media? while explanation is too fussy, still i like it.

4tothefloor
28/02/2007, 10:41 PM
Having seen it tonight I wasn't that taken by it, at all to be honest. Some people were saying it looked a bit 'Walt Disney' and I tended to agree.

However.....the crest graphic that thelimerick has shown there looks way better than the ones I saw tonight at the launch. Unfortunately the crest just does not look as good detail wise on the jersey's, merchandise and flags, which is a pity. The stitching of the crest on the jerseys and official gear is very poor in my opinion, and does not show off for example the different shades of blue or the swirls in the background. That's the supplier Errea's fault. Pity cos they haven't done the crest any justice. Jersey's aren't the type you'd be wearing casually either, very much out-and-out playing gear, but we'll put up with it - for now :D

The crest is actually designed very well and looks great on the graphic, however when u see it on the jerseys it just doesn't transfer, which is a shame....

Risteard
01/03/2007, 12:27 AM

Fantastic.
Who decided on all that?

don ramo
01/03/2007, 12:42 AM
king john would be proud was he high king our somethin i cant remember:confused:

Monkfish
01/03/2007, 1:55 AM
king john would be proud was he high king our somethin i cant remember:confused:

It happens to be his castle, not sure if he'd be happy with the castle gate being moved to the tower though. ;)

Breska Rover
01/03/2007, 10:25 AM
Well done to all concered, now let the football begin in earnest!

redron
01/03/2007, 1:14 PM
I presume we won't have to wait long til we can use the new crest in our avatars here. Maybe there's another way to do that without waiting for it to be added to the selection, but at a glance I can't see how.

larrywhite
01/03/2007, 2:54 PM
It happens to be his castle, not sure if he'd be happy with the castle gate being moved to the tower though. ;)

I dont think he is in a position to complain at the moment. :D

LFC in Exile
01/03/2007, 3:13 PM

Just as long as they got planning permission.

Buller
01/03/2007, 3:19 PM
i think it looks fantastic but i think the limerickfc crest would be more practical when sowing in on a jersey would it not?

Lim till i die
01/03/2007, 3:23 PM

King John:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_England

Possible High King your looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boru

Would have thought you'd be well up on your English monarchs below in Queenstown :p

Lionel Ritchie
01/03/2007, 3:50 PM
my good lady, who's lived in Limerick for close on 15 years now, still insists on calling it "St. Johns Castle" elisiting from me the question "what the fcuk would a saint want a castle for?"

Lim till i die
01/03/2007, 4:24 PM
my good lady, who's lived in Limerick for close on 15 years now, still insists on calling it "St. Johns Castle" elisiting from me the question "what the fcuk would a saint want a castle for?"

:D

The only person I know who calls it that is my sister

Care to explain Mr.Ritchie?? :mad: :p

Jerry The Saint
01/03/2007, 4:29 PM
"Limerick 3FC7":confused: What's 3FC7 supposed to mean...:confused:

:)

don ramo
01/03/2007, 5:23 PM
King John:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_England

Possible High King your looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boru

Would have thought you'd be well up on your English monarchs below in Queenstown :p

so ye lot have an english kings castle with an english crown on top as your crest ( i can get over the castle but the "crown") and some of ye lot have the cheek to call cobh queenstown, for shame, you lot might as well be playin in the northern league to make up for derrys absenteism at least they know values

Old keeper
01/03/2007, 9:52 PM
so ye lot have an english kings castle with an english crown on top as your crest ( i can get over the castle but the "crown") and some of ye lot have the cheek to call cobh queenstown, for shame, you lot might as well be playin in the northern league to make up for derrys absenteism at least they know values

Sad to see our heritage misrepresented, Ireland had Kings with crowns and we are proud of them, our crown is a symbol of our ambition to be once again among the Kings of football

Lim till i die
01/03/2007, 11:15 PM
Sad to see our heritage misrepresented, Ireland had Kings with crowns and we are proud of them, our crown is a symbol of our ambition to be once again among the Kings of football

Just bitter, take no notice

War Of Independance and all that :D

don ramo
02/03/2007, 7:37 AM
ya the treaty city screwed us all, they were goin to be the 7th county but even the brits wouldnt have them:D
your welcomed by me and the other kings, you can never really have to many jokers, i pronounce you lot limerick2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Crown_Jewels
the irish crown jewels

BohsPartisan
02/03/2007, 8:23 AM
Nice Logo but I when I saw the two corner flags on it I thought ye were signing Tony Grant. :D

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 8:25 AM
Nice Logo but I when I saw the two corner flags on it I thought ye were signing Tony Grant. :D

Tony Grant, Mark O'Brien.........Anyone else you want to send down to us :confused: :D

LFC in Exile
02/03/2007, 10:49 AM

Yeah and we wear blue and our change kit is red and white stripes. Get over it man.:rolleyes:

shelbourne1904
02/03/2007, 10:57 AM

This king John was the famous baddy of Robin Hood fame.The brother of Richard the Lionheart.Neither of them were English but Norman.He was trying to usurp Richards crown while he was captured in the Crusades and led an expedition to conquer Ireland for the Normans.In fact they werent too popular with the English,as in Saxon/Celtic/Angles English.
But dont ever think Limerick ever gave up anything too easily just look at how many final stands were made in the Castle including Sarsfield et all .Ive never heard of the Siege of Cobh!!!!!

don ramo
02/03/2007, 2:57 PM
This king John was the famous baddy of Robin Hood fame.The brother of Richard the Lionheart.Neither of them were English but Norman.He was trying to usurp Richards crown while he was captured in the Crusades and led an expedition to conquer Ireland for the Normans.In fact they werent too popular with the English,as in Saxon/Celtic/Angles English.
But dont ever think Limerick ever gave up anything too easily just look at how many final stands were made in the Castle including Sarsfield et all .Ive never heard of the Siege of Cobh!!!!!

thanks fro a breif history in somethin i dont care about, it a joke notice the smiley:rolleyes:

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 2:59 PM
thanks fro a breif history in somethin i dont care about, it a joke notice the smiley:rolleyes:

What I noticed most of all was the crap grammar and spelling

BTW Do you believe me about Turners Cross yet?? :rolleyes:

jebus
02/03/2007, 3:06 PM
ya the treaty city screwed us all, they were goin to be the 7th county but even the brits wouldnt have them:D
your welcomed by me and the other kings, you can never really have to many jokers, i pronounce you lot limerick2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Crown_Jewels
the irish crown jewels

Sorry I couldn't understand a word, never been good with British accents :)

don ramo
02/03/2007, 5:47 PM
Sorry I couldn't understand a word, never been good with British accents

:D should consult your pale bretherin:D

yes lim till i die i believe you about turner cross, im not really happy with it would prefer somewhere in east cork to get some more support from the area.

ill must apoligise in advance for the beating your goin to recieve:D

KevB76
02/03/2007, 6:18 PM
The L37 crest is available to select as avatar now....

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 9:27 PM
ill must apoligise in advance for the beating your goin to recieve:D

Your gonna beat me up?!

Jesus, it's only a laugh on the internet :eek: :D

Monkfish
02/03/2007, 10:47 PM
we'll ave ya, ya fackin mugs! oi! oi! oi! :cool:

don ramo
03/03/2007, 4:35 AM
:D !!!! see you in the car park:D

no guns

Monkfish
04/03/2007, 3:27 PM
just cars! ;)

Westside
04/03/2007, 7:22 PM

no gunssteady lads he's probably one of the sicilian Dons:D

don ramo
05/03/2007, 12:54 AM
dont be taken the toll road anyways :D

Pauro 76
05/03/2007, 7:11 PM
I like it! Very striking! And very modern... a great step forward!

LFC in Exile
06/03/2007, 7:57 AM

Spoken like a man that's never been to Turners Cross.

By the way someone said to me the badge looks liek something from Harry Potter - is it the Tri-Wizard Tournament? Should appeal to the young Cobh fans. :)