PDA

View Full Version : European average attendance figures

Jamjar
21/02/2007, 1:45 PM
I don't know how accurate these figures are, but if they are true it makes interesting reading. The plus side from an EL point of view is our average attendance is better than Iceland and Macedonia.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Soper
21/02/2007, 2:26 PM
I read an article on the UEFA site in which in either Lithuania, or Estonia, the average attendance has fallen to something like 200

Peadar
21/02/2007, 2:32 PM
I watched Kevin Doyle score his first goal for Reading against Burnley, in front of 11,000 odd. A season later, they're packing 24,000 into the ground and looking to extend it.
It's not an accurate reflection on football in England though, as many clubs are struggling to attract crowds. The Premiership average would be boosted significantly by Manchester United & Arsenal. It would give a false reflection on the league, in the same way that the Old Firm attendances boost the SPL figures.
The only way to get a good gauge is to look at your own club in isolation and compare various seasons.

Bluebeard
21/02/2007, 3:09 PM
So much for the 5,000 average Cork home gate.

Estonia, frow where Levaida Talinn (the conquerors of Stephen Kenny's last ever Bohs XI in the Intertoto) come has an average of 166, and the highest average gate is at Tartu where it's 266, comparing very poorly with the First Division average of 570, especially when you consider that Kilkenny's minus figures are added in too.

cavan_fan
21/02/2007, 3:21 PM
I sense high VAT rates in Estonia

Peadar
21/02/2007, 3:23 PM
So much for the 5,000 average Cork home gate.

Derry's highest gate of the league season was against us.
We had a whole section of the ground closed off, which undoubtedly affected attendances.

How ironic that a bla is slagging someone else off about poor attendances. :rolleyes:

Bluebeard
21/02/2007, 3:44 PM
We had a whole section of the ground closed off, which undoubtedly affected attendances.

How ironic that a bla is slagging someone else off about poor attendances. :rolleyes:

A kettle would know the colour of a pot:p

Besides, we never went claiming big numbers at matches;)

Go on, admit it, you know you're glad we're back!

Pablo
21/02/2007, 3:47 PM
A kettle would know the colour of a pot:p

Besides, we never went claiming big numbers at matches;)

Go on, admit it, you know you're glad we're back!

Its a handy 9 points and one less trip to The Pale so yeah!

Bluebeard
21/02/2007, 3:49 PM

:eek:

Partizan
21/02/2007, 3:49 PM

Good to know the C/\wkie' inferiority complex is back.

Partizan
21/02/2007, 3:50 PM

oh dear and its only 3 weeks to go. :D

pete
21/02/2007, 4:17 PM
I don't know how accurate these figures are, but if they are true it makes interesting reading. The plus side from an EL point of view is our average attendance is better than Iceland and Macedonia.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

I suspect thos figures 'borrowed' from the attendance figures on this site.

pineapple stu
21/02/2007, 5:16 PM
They're not borrowed; I submit them. But yes, they are the same figures.

On the original post, I don't think it's a huge positive for the league to have slightly higher attendances than in Iceland, a country with about 1/20th the population of Ireland.

CollegeTillIDie
21/02/2007, 6:50 PM

On the original post, I don't think it's a huge positive for the league to have slightly higher attendances than in Iceland, a country with about 1/20th the population of Ireland.

It's more like 1/10th Stu and to be fair Montenegro has less people than the city and county of Dublin into the bargain. People are becoming lazy all across Europe. This might be the real reason for Obesity in Europe, people are too lazy to walk to football matches!:D

Jamjar
21/02/2007, 7:21 PM

I'll use one of those little smiley face yokes in future when I'm joking....

pineapple stu
21/02/2007, 11:04 PM
Yep - would be handy! ;)

Ceirtlis
21/02/2007, 11:27 PM
It's not an accurate reflection on football in England though, as many clubs are struggling to attract crowds

For the prices that they are charging to get into games over in England crowds are absolutley brilliant. I was over in the Yorkshire area are recently and went looking into to going to a league game. The prices to get into see Bradford, Barnsley and Huddersfield, they are all just mid-table in league one, where between 18 and 20 pound sterling and they all get crowds of about 10000.

Jamjar
22/02/2007, 3:35 PM
Yep - would be handy! ;)

So humor and sarcasm are lost on you :D

Bluebeard
22/02/2007, 4:14 PM
So humor and sarcasm are lost on you :D

He'll need one of the little sarcasm smileys :sarcasm:

Jamjar
22/02/2007, 4:30 PM
He'll need one of the little sarcasm smileys :sarcasm:

You're right....don't want any confusion :rolleyes:

MariborKev
23/02/2007, 1:41 AM

No offence, but I think it was the fact that it was a title decider was the reason behind the crowd, not the lure of the Rebel Army........