PDA

View Full Version : Millar demands another win over Derry

A face
21/02/2007, 12:34 AM
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
By Stuart McKinley

Making history repeat itself is the aim for Glentoran manager Paul Millar when the Setanta Sports Cup kicks-off next Monday. The Glens had a tough time in the all-Ireland competition last season when their playing resources were stretched to the limits and only managed to win one game.

Derry City were on the receiving end of that result at the Oval and with the Candystripes on their way back to east-Belfast for the opening game of this season's competition Millar has laid out his first objective to his players. Doing that though, is another scenario altogether. "Derry City have been in Spain for a training camp over the last week or so and will be coming into the game fresh," said Millar.

Read more at www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/article2287358.ece)

David
21/02/2007, 4:54 PM
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
By Stuart McKinley

Making history repeat itself is the aim for Glentoran manager Paul Millar when the Setanta Sports Cup kicks-off next Monday. The Glens had a tough time in the all-Ireland competition last season when their playing resources were stretched to the limits and only managed to win one game.

Derry City were on the receiving end of that result at the Oval and with the Candystripes on their way back to east-Belfast for the opening game of this season's competition Millar has laid out his first objective to his players. Doing that though, is another scenario altogether. "Derry City have been in Spain for a training camp over the last week or so and will be coming into the game fresh," said Millar.

Read more at www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/article2287358.ece)

I would like to see the Glens get something out of this, a draw would be nice but I doubt it will happen. Derry are by far the better team of the two.

SwiftsSupporter
21/02/2007, 5:56 PM
The only chance they have is it's the first game under Fenlon and a few players have left and came in so that might swing their away.

dcfcsteve
21/02/2007, 9:34 PM
We've had a very unconvincing pre-season - a scoreless draw against Newry, a heavy defeat to Dundalk, a credible draw in Spain with Dinamo Moscow, and then only 1 goal in our by-now traditonal victory over Finn Harps.

We're by no means the finished product, so if the Glens are to get a confidence boosting win, this is probably the best time to do it.

Krstic
22/02/2007, 3:07 PM
I would like to see the Glens get something out of this, a draw would be nice but I doubt it will happen. Derry are by far the better team of the two.

Shock Horror, and there was me thinking that Linfield fans only ever want Glentoran to lose.

Except when they are playing against your pet hate, aye David?

BleusAvantTout
22/02/2007, 11:44 PM
Just because us Bluemen are acting in the best interests of Linfield Football Club, so stuff the rest of youse!!! ;)

David
23/02/2007, 6:59 AM
Shock Horror, and there was me thinking that Linfield fans only ever want Glentoran to lose.

Catch yourself on. I see Derry as a team with the potential to qualify from this group, I would be surprised if Glentoran qualified, hence the reason I would like the Glens to take points of you. Believe me the hatred that I feel for Glentoran is out there in a league of its own, no other team even comes close.

BleusAvantTout
24/02/2007, 11:06 PM
Believe me the hatred that I feel for Glentoran is out there in a league of its own, no other team even comes close.

Preach it brother! :cool: But never give too much respect to vastly inferior clubs.......................it only boosts their egos! :D ;)

David
01/03/2007, 8:21 AM

Just to throw your theory out the window I would like Derry to get at least a draw against Drogheda. Simple reason for that is that it would suit Linfield.