PDA

View Full Version : Player of the month

Dellboy
16/12/2002, 11:24 PM
So far I dont think anyone has said anything but I just want to
congratulate George O' Callaghan on getting player of the month
its a fully deserved honour well done Georgie
I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me but George is a strong player and City need him besides O' Callaghan and Flynny are just magic:)

dalo
17/12/2002, 8:20 AM
you taking the mick? how does george gets these gongs? is he the love child of someone in CCFc or wot. the guy is a liablity.

what next woods to get player of the year?

niamh
17/12/2002, 9:45 AM
George is a good player.
What I don't like about the guy is his mouth. Always mouthing off at refs and linesman. Could get him in trouble one these days.

patsh
17/12/2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dellboy

congratulate George O' Callaghan on getting player of the month
its a fully deserved honour well done Georgie

Have to disagree with you there. Greg O'Halloran and Micheal Devine would come out well ahead of George in any objective poll, yet they would still finish behind Alan Reynolds. I have a feeling these awards are been given to George to give him a sense of being loved and wanted !
Reynolds, imho, has been one of the best ever signings for City.
I really, really want George to be here next season, but overall Rennie is a more important player.
George may have the fancy tricks, but over the course of the season, Reynolds has made a far more telling input into City's campaign.

niamh
17/12/2002, 10:39 AM
Agreed. Would be more concerned with Reynolds leaving next season than George, if Waterford come up. But would love both to stay.

Éanna
17/12/2002, 11:36 AM
George is a talented player, but he´s too busy mouthing off. i can´t fathom how he keeps winning prizes, he´s not the best player we have.

patsh
17/12/2002, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
For those wishing to enter the player of the month competition please note that scoring a goal and then running to the manager and hugging him and supporting him in a post match interview at a time when he is under some pressure greatly enhances your chances...
Aw dere you are now, the cute kerry whoor has it sussed !:D

James
17/12/2002, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
George is a talented player, but he´s too busy mouthing off. i can´t fathom how he keeps winning prizes, he´s not the best player we have.

how the hell can you say that eanna ya langar ya :)
havent you been away for aaages now
i mean how many times and when recently have you seen GOC actually play ?? :confused:

niamh
18/12/2002, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by James
how the hell can you say that eanna ya langar ya :)
havent you been away for aaages now
i mean how many times and when recently have you seen GOC actually play ?? :confused:

I've been watching him and I agree with Eanna.

Shane
18/12/2002, 4:53 PM
I'd have to agree with oddboy here, Rennie has been superb. His influence in games is huge, his range of passing, tackles and not too shabby in the air for a medium sized dude.

I too am curious as to how George recieves such plaudits. There's no doubting his superb touch and he is a fine player no doubt but too much dramatics for me and what do we think his best position is? I'd like to see Colin O'B up front with John O'.
George in the middle with Rennie? Why not.

Éanna
18/12/2002, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by James
judgin on what Isaw earlier in de season, and what I've heard from several people- we'll see tomoro sure