PDA

View Full Version : Compensation

Tis-smeee
20/02/2007, 3:09 PM
Surely whoever gets promoted should get some monetary recompense , the promoted club will be after losing out on sponsorship revenue, premier level players , possibly season ticket money , have one hand tied with the grant for promotions officers already issued. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Peadar
20/02/2007, 3:11 PM
If you're not happy, we can always promote De Dalk in your place.

Tis-smeee
20/02/2007, 3:19 PM
whoever gets promoted

Is that not clear enough for you feen

KildareFan
20/02/2007, 3:19 PM
i think it's a very good point. Is there any chance that Waterford might turn down the promotion? It's going to be very difficult for them to get a Premier Division team ready in the space of 2 weeks.

It would almost be better for them to turn it down. If Dundalk were then to be promoted instead, Waterford would be left with, on paper anyway, the best squad in the division and be big favourites for promotion. They would then be far better equipped for Premier Division football next year. Yeah, it would be great to go up but Waterford could easily end up coming back down and be back to square 1 at the end of the season.

Peadar
20/02/2007, 3:27 PM
It's going to be very difficult for them to get a Premier Division team ready in the space of 2 weeks.

What was their excuse for the last few seasons?

Tis-smeee
20/02/2007, 3:40 PM
Look at the league tables that will answer the question peader one bad year is all , thats down to Mike Kerley and no-one else

Peadar
20/02/2007, 3:48 PM
Look at the league tables...

I'll get dizzy if I look down...

CharlesThompson
20/02/2007, 3:50 PM
I can see it now,... Waterford turn down the 'promotion' and Dundalk accept. Maxi then taxi's down to Merrion Square, can of petrol in tow to try to persuade JD to 'relegate' Dundalk back to the first division. It's a Faaarce!!

BohsPartisan
20/02/2007, 3:51 PM
No I heard Maxi is really FIRED up about the prospect.

Tis-smeee
20/02/2007, 3:55 PM
http://www.btid.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=948

The thread started by a journo

Peadar
20/02/2007, 4:13 PM
Maxol Maxi said he'd be "flaming furious" if the FAI failed to give him another cause to protest. Although he admitted to being burnt out after the last campaign, he said the past few months had given him a chance to refuel and his burning desire was fully restored, which meant he'd be firing on all cylinders again soon...

DecBoh
20/02/2007, 4:54 PM
Maxol Maxi said he'd be "flaming furious"

It's say he'd be fuming alright.....FREE A NIPPER!

pete
20/02/2007, 5:43 PM
Anyone have an opinion on this?

Accept the Premier place. the other option is to refuse it. Simple.

:confused: