PDA

View Full Version : Who should we attempt to buy.

Gone Away
16/12/2002, 3:00 PM
Just read Conors thread there, but obviously that was Fantasy and assuming that any Dub based players would come down here.

So, come the close season, who sould we be looking at?

On my shopping list is:
BBM
Scully
Dominic Foley
Joe Gamble.

Badweather Fan
16/12/2002, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by Gone Away
assuming that any Dub based players would come down here.

who sould we be looking at?

On my shopping list is:
BBM
Scully
Dominic Foley
Joe Gamble.

but isn't Foley in the "big time" league?

in all honesty i dont know what hes doing now but he should be on better dosh than we can dream of affording him.

Neil
16/12/2002, 3:14 PM
We don't need to be buying more players at the moment. What we need is a proper manager, a club manager, and a replacement PR officer and Merchandise officer.

When we sort that out we can start buying players.

niamh
16/12/2002, 3:20 PM
Agreed. Need to sort club out, before players will consider City as a real possibility.

Ali-G
16/12/2002, 4:46 PM
Get Ollie back instead of Billy. I reckon we could have won the league if we still had him this season.

James
16/12/2002, 4:49 PM
honestly dont think ollie would be stupid to come back to this mess of a club

esp after now we have the corner boys insulting him and his family outside the hshoe after his first visit back to the X

we should concentrate imo on getting the structure right off the pitch first b4 starting on the team

1: full time manager
2: proper commercial manager that doesnt think along the following lines

James: Did Cork City have a representative at that meeting?

Darren Bernstein: No

James: Why not?

Brian Lennox: Basically because it was on at half eight in the morning, and it finished at half past five, and I couldn't bother my arse going all the way up to dublin!

old school thinking OUT

Troy.McClure
16/12/2002, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by Neil
We don't need to be buying more players at the moment.

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our squad is tiny! We have one centre back at the mo who is half good (ie Bennet, Murry will head back to the Posh I think, Deccie is past it, Andrews isnt up to it and Napier is injured for God knows how long. Dont even mention Gaz). We only have 1 left sided midfielder and zero (decent) right wingers + we have no creative midfielders.

We need a young Patsy, a right sided Billy/Ollie and another Napier. Then we can think about getting players to cover the starting 11.

Colm
16/12/2002, 5:05 PM
We don't need to be buying more players at the moment. What we need is a proper manager, a club manager, and a replacement PR officer and Merchandise officer.

When we sort that out we can start buying players. Exactly, players would be mad to come to ccfc the way things are at the moment.

We are already short up front and from what I hear John O'Flynn could be on his way back to Peterborough.
We need a striker, I don't think Mulligan is up to much at the moment!!!

Troy.McClure
16/12/2002, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I don't think Mulligan is up to much at the moment!!!
Well thats not surprising seeing as he wasnt upto much with us for the last 2 years. I cant see why people are so hung up about loosing a reserve striker.

PS Ive heard all the "he wasnt given a chance etc" areguments and agree with some of them, but remain unconvinced. We should have got cash for him though.

patsh
16/12/2002, 6:44 PM

When we sort that out we can start buying players.
Well I think Lennox is looking at it the same way, according to his comments at the forum.
Still, 2 or 3 players would be of major benefit. Of course the season will be a few weeks old before any of the lower league clubs will let players go so amybe the squad we start the season with will get a few new additions before the end.

Colm, is this reliable info about J O'F ?

James
16/12/2002, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Colm, is this reliable info about J O'F ?

wouldnt dream of speaking for Colm, but its what i've heard also. him and dan murray returning to engaland once the season is over

patsh
16/12/2002, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by James
wouldnt dream of speaking for Colm, but its what i've heard also. him and dan murray returning to engaland once the season is over
This is really sh*t news, James, thanks for making my Christmas...

Gone Away
16/12/2002, 7:53 PM
The info i have there is that yes they are both off to Posh BUT only to train. Apparently Murray wants to stay and JOF aint going nowhere.

Anyway, Posh are looking like they will get relegated, so why would either of them want to go to a third div club.

Colm
16/12/2002, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Colm, is this reliable info about J O'F ? Yes I think so.
As Gone Away said Flynn and Murray are apparently heading back to Peterborough for the close season to train. From what I've heard Murray would be happy to stay with City. However I reckon O'Flynn is using it as a platform to get back to an English club. Now while he may not sign with the Posh especially if they go down, I would be very surprised if he is wearing the City colours next season.:(

niamh
17/12/2002, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by Gone Away
Apparently Murray wants to stay and JOF aint going nowhere.

Was saying this to some of the boys at the Drogs match. Can you imagine what Murray will tell his mates about the eL when he goes back home?

He played at centre-half with a 38 year who can't run or tackle these days. They were third in the league for most of the season and the fans still wanted the manager out? And he managed to score and look like the most capable defender on the pitch several times. They'll think we're mad :D

joe
17/12/2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by scottyshedender

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO GLEN FITZPATRICK....

he's with shams these days

dalo
17/12/2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by COLM
Yes I think so.
As Gone Away said Flynn and Murray are apparently heading back to Peterborough for the close season to train. From what I've heard Murray would be happy to stay with City. However I reckon O'Flynn is using it as a platform to get back to an English club. Now while he may not sign with the Posh especially if they go down, I would be very surprised if he is wearing the City colours next season.:(

if j'of goes what a shocker. isn't he on atwo year contract? man that would make any one who supports city sick. depressed I am :(

Casegrande
17/12/2002, 3:38 PM
Who'd blame him though? look at the calibre of person in charge of him... Liam Murphy, Patsy Freyne (old skool)... Noelle sticking her nose in everywhere, Jim Murphy as a Marketing guru(!), clowns the lot of 'em...

James
17/12/2002, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by dalo
isn't he on atwo year contract?

yea but afaik he's got a good escape clause in it :D

*good for him that is*