PDA

View Full Version : Shels get First Division License

Gareth
19/02/2007, 9:18 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=570

NavanBohs
19/02/2007, 9:21 PM
Has the ShelsWeb forum been taken down or is it just me having problems getting on to it?

Gareth
19/02/2007, 9:22 PM
Just crashed. Everything went mental just as I posted the news.

It will be back up asap.

NavanBohs
19/02/2007, 9:23 PM
Ok cheers!

Donabate Saint
19/02/2007, 9:24 PM
Still leaves a lot of issues that haven't been addressed. What about last year's license. Should they have got one? Probably not, but no mention of removing them as champions.

No mention of Europe either. Surely they can't represent the League in Europe playing from the First Division?

At least some justice is being done.

Young Hov
19/02/2007, 9:25 PM
Does this put Waterford back into the premier?

Tis-smeee
19/02/2007, 9:26 PM
whoooooooooooooooooo

Aaron
19/02/2007, 9:34 PM
I think they will wait (FAI) till Friday before making a decision on who will replace Shels after their appeal. Unless they want another visit from MAXI, i think Dundalk should get their spot if Shels appeal is fruitless:D

Terry
waterford coming back up is seriously going to confuse all the sports writers, They'll be thinking dundalk were suppose to come up !

pól-dcfc
This movement of topics is idiotic. This clearly affects the whole league and is off general interest.

Gareth
19/02/2007, 9:35 PM
What a clueless moving of topics. It couldn't be more Eircom League related!!!

BulmersKid
19/02/2007, 9:37 PM
This movement of topics is idiotic. This clearly affects the whole league and is off general interest.

Agreed.

Why was it moved when this alos affects waterford and dundalk and now we might actually get the fixtures

Young Hov
19/02/2007, 9:42 PM
Another thread has now appeared on the eL forum. Why not move that out of that forum as well?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BulmersKid
19/02/2007, 9:43 PM
It wont be the last one that will be posted either;)

seansouth
19/02/2007, 9:47 PM
What a clueless moving of topics. It couldn't be more Eircom League related!!!
Careful now!

The mods on here can't take the criticism very well.:rolleyes:

Young Hov
19/02/2007, 9:50 PM
LOL! I see the other thread has been moved as well. There's NO WAY that anyone will open another thread about this in the eL forum. I mean the subject is of absolutely no interest to anyone other than Shels fans:D

feo123
19/02/2007, 10:05 PM
opening a new one now to cause a scene.......

A face
19/02/2007, 10:16 PM
opening a new one now to cause a scene.......

I spotted that .... cop on willya :)

Poor Student
19/02/2007, 10:20 PM
Congrats to Shels on attaining a licence. I don't mean that in a smart arsed way. I'm just pleased that one of the founding members of the league weren't wiped into oblivion.

ForzaWexford
19/02/2007, 10:28 PM
Bet nobody thought Shels would be playing Wexford Youths in the First Division this time last year!

Raheny Red
19/02/2007, 10:35 PM
Bet nobody thought Shels would be playing Wexford Youths in the First Division this time last year!

I bet you didn't even think you would have an eL club to support this time last year :rolleyes: :D

delboy
19/02/2007, 10:39 PM
And you didn't think you'd have an EL club to support over the last 3 weeks.
Seriously, good luck to Shels especially the true fans of the club, its your club nobody elses no matter what they believe.

pineapple stu
19/02/2007, 10:41 PM
First game too if the derby reports are to be believed.

ForzaWexford
19/02/2007, 10:41 PM
I bet you didn't even think you would have an eL club to support this time last year :rolleyes: :D

Exactly. And I didn't think Shels would be playing First Division either.

The only bad thing about their relegation from my point of view is that we won't get ta play Waterford in the league......hope we get em in the cup!

delboy
19/02/2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe Cork will not want to play Waterford on two weeks if the blues are promoted so maybe the game for the Dunmore East Fishermens Disaster could be arranged against the Wexford Young Boys sponsored by the Bishop of Ferns

DmanDmythDledge
19/02/2007, 11:10 PM
Maybe Cork will not want to play Waterford on two weeks if the blues are promoted so maybe the game for the Dunmore East Fishermens Disaster could be arranged against the Wexford Young Boys sponsered by the Bishop of Ferns
It doesn't make a difference what any club wants. The FAI make out the fixtures.

delboy
19/02/2007, 11:14 PM
I'm speaking about this weeks friendly and the one for charity a week later. Do the FAI now arrange friendlies, bloody students.

GavinZac
19/02/2007, 11:16 PM

i bet you didnt either last week

BlueAsItGoes
19/02/2007, 11:16 PM
Waterford have been offered the Premier spot for next season.... fixtures will be out tomorrow with Waterford in the Premier League.......

soccerc
19/02/2007, 11:20 PM
Waterford have been offered the Premier spot for next season.... fixtures will be out tomorrow with Waterford in the Premier League.......

No they haven't

Waterford United has not been informed of any change in its league status following the decision of the First Instance Committee to withdraw a Premier License from Shelbourne FC according to a statement just issued

It goes on to say that "While it may be a sad day for Irish football, it also underscores the credibility of the club licensing system. Waterford United committed itself to the IAG selection process last season and accepted the decisions of this committee in December. Now that there has been a change of circumstances in the premier division, it is Waterford United’s view that given the ranking by the IAG, the club is next in line for a place in the new FAI eircom league Premier Division.

The club will be seeking immediate clarification of its options in the wake of this evening’s decision by the First Instance Committee and will consider such options as soon as possible. In the meantime the club‘s management and players will continue to prepare for the new season as normal".

BlueAsItGoes
19/02/2007, 11:24 PM
Believe me they have... My brother is on the Committee that was a statement to keep things cool here while they make there mind up.... some of the committee actually dont want to take it...

Seriously lads they HAVE been offered it no joking........

Saint07
19/02/2007, 11:41 PM
from www.FAI.ie

The Committee decided to withdraw the club’s Premier division licence and to award Shelbourne a first division licence, with conditions.

what are the conditions??

Erstwhile Bóz
20/02/2007, 9:34 AM
from www.FAI.ie
what are the conditions??

Pretend that nothing's wrong?

Ash
20/02/2007, 9:47 AM
I presume some kind of transfer embargo, must go part time,
must not let Ollie take over again etc

Magicme
20/02/2007, 9:51 AM
I text a shels pal of mine welcoming him to the First Division last nite and he text back f***in graveyard. I told him they had dug their own grave.

Seriously tho, am looking forward to having Shels at Kingspan Century Park this season.

Ash
20/02/2007, 2:18 PM
As they say in Galatasaray ... Welcome To Hell

dapman1
21/02/2007, 3:04 PM
Seeing as we are due to play you first do Shelbourne have any players / management yet. Or will you be putting out a youth team?

Raheny Red
21/02/2007, 6:01 PM
Seeing as we are due to play you first do Shelbourne have any players / management yet. Or will you be putting out a youth team?

Looks that way, and I've heard Prenderville and Rutherford are training with us! :confused:

don ramo
23/02/2007, 8:07 PM
ye ought to start asembling a team and get a manager in place as the transfer window shuts on wednesday, and i dont wnat to be whipin around a team of under 21s who play for the leauge winners, theres no footballin interests there

waylanderj
27/02/2007, 10:38 PM
I would like to welcome Shels to Div'1 Looking forward to playing ye this season!
Your club will get a better reception in Limerick then The Shams got !!