PDA

View Full Version : F(uck) A(ll) I(nterest) Website

Ash
16/12/2002, 1:04 PM
Just checked the FAI website, says we only won 1-0!

What was the game like ... typical, Im not there and
they go and win, same happened for the home game
against Scrublin Sh!tty ...

renegAde
16/12/2002, 8:13 PM
Ash:

If there were any neutrals at the game on friday they wouldn't have been too impressed but the general poor quality of the football could be overlooked simply because we actually won the game, for a change. Jan was probably man of the match for us. Spurred on by "Super Jan" chants, he ran all over the place in the first half. Warren Parkes looked like he needs another game or two to regain sharpness. I think himself and Mullen, if fit, would be our best two partnership up front. Mullan's pacey, Warren's experienced and they can both score goals.

Enda Kenny's goal was an effort from the edge of the box, on the right hand side. It looked to me like an attempted cross but we had no complaints when it looped over the Dundalk keeper and into the back of the net! Soon after that a Dundalk player got booked, started moaning to the ref about it and was promptly given his marching orders. He then went in and took his frustration out on the dressing-room door, as could be clearly heard by anyone standing nearby! In response, the PA guy called for a Dundalk official to come to the dressing rooms, presumably to calm the player down and stop him doing any further damage to the stadium of tin facilities!

Despite being down to 10 men Dundalk had a great chance to equalise when they hit the crossbar and somehow messed up the rebound when it looked easier to score.
Clarkey was only on for a couple of minutes when he was played through on goal and kept a cool head to slot it past the keeper and secure the 3 points.

Peace,
Ade