PDA

View Full Version : GalwayFirst

GuisaSaigon
19/02/2007, 1:08 PM
Galway first Newspaper's first edition is out today, it's produced by the advertiser. It's got a great 8 page sports section with two pages about united. Including a match report of the harps game, a piece about Gary Rogers and piece on the trip to Spain.
The Spain article mentions our opponents in spain will be Danish Premier League sides Silkeborg and Horsens.
Well done to all involved in this new paper, keep up the good work!

Paddyfield
19/02/2007, 4:37 PM

corbyeire
20/02/2007, 10:48 AM
i dont know can cian write an artical that has actual facts in it - as opposed to him professing his undying love for utd via advertiser articles

a bit of balance is needed - his articles are all the same - fair play he is painting a pretty picture of gufc -but im getting bored of it!!!

Paddyfield
20/02/2007, 6:04 PM
i dont know can cian write an artical that has actual facts in it - as opposed to him professing his undying love for utd via advertiser articles

a bit of balance is needed - his articles are all the same - fair play he is painting a pretty picture of gufc -but im getting bored of it!!!

GUFC are promoted,
GUFC have turned professional
GUFC are getting a new stand

It is a pretty picture.

Gaillimh Al
20/02/2007, 9:17 PM
I think Cian O Connel is doing a great job in raising the profile of both Galway United and the local junior scene. United need all the help they can get from the media. However, I have a couple of constructive criticisms.

I read his report on the Harps game, after hearing various reports from here and the other forum. He does seem to overdo it on the lavish praise and hyperbole and extravagant descriptions. Let's call a spade a spade. And the short sentences in every report are becoming annoying. It's starting to sound like Captain Kirk. Must. Not. Use. Too. Many. Words.

Overall though, he's a great job covering a wide range of sports. Keep up the good work.