PDA

View Full Version : 0-0 fair result ?

RedHat
15/12/2002, 10:58 PM
we could have had a peno - I didn't think it was but many around me did. We only forced one save from their keeper and everything from them was hit straight down Rogers' throat though he did very well to hold them all.
Quinn - not sure - very similar 2 Myler - although both played well.
My Man of the Match - Danny O'Connor - the back 4 were great.
Only criticism is - 60 mins is a good time 2 make a sub but we all know when a sub appears on the sideline 4 us - there is 15 mins 2 go.

pete
16/12/2002, 9:20 AM
City were dire which is no surprise given the away form this season plus a clueless manager. City didn't lose cos Myler 'n Drogs were even worse. I thought youse had a recent up turn in form - if that was it then ye gonna be in trouble.

pconnor
16/12/2002, 9:20 AM
Yeah, I'd say 0-0 was a fair result. I did think that we played the better football and were pushing forward more that them. The draw was probably about fair.

I didn't think it was a penalty either, it still didn't stop me screaming for a peno and calling the ref a ***** for not giving it. We can make up our minds tonight, it should be on TV3 - the camera's were there.

Good performances from Gary Rodgers, back 4, Dom, nobody played badly. The new lad Quinn played OK. He seemed to be willing to try things, he was a bit slow once or twice and lost the ball once or twice. He certainly wasn't afraid to have a go, with some confidence he could be good.

WindmillWarrior
16/12/2002, 3:19 PM
We certainly had the better of the few chances on offer, plus the penalty incident of course which btw I thought WAS a penalty. I was surprised to hear most people around me stating they didn't think it was a penalty especially after they nearly brought the roof down with roar's of PENALTY!!!
Quinn done well enough I thought and got a good reception from the crowd as he went off.
The defence now looks settled and very solid, the 3 centre halves - Todd, Lynch and Grey - look really good. Kelly and O'connor also give good balance as wingbacks. This is the kinda reliable base we need going into the scrap in the weeks ahead.
In short, we're gonna stay up lads!!! :cool:

Probably...

pconnor
16/12/2002, 3:47 PM
Correct and right, we will stay up. I'm not looking at this through rose tinted glasses, recent form tells me that we will stay up.

I will go one step further and predict that we will catch Derry, maybe even Longford.

pete
16/12/2002, 4:07 PM
Am i reading this correctly that youse all think yesterday was one of your better performances?

btw the pitch wouldn't be so bumpy is ye didn't leave all those smallies on at halftime as the groundsman was undertaking some pointless "sod bashing" at haftime

;) :)

Sean Drog
16/12/2002, 4:11 PM
it was one of our better games, Cork hardly got a sniff in and around the box, they were reduced to long range efforts.

Up front we could have attacked a bit more and in fact it was the most disappointing games of te season in terms of goal mouth action.
So answering your question, interms of defence we played well but attacking no we played bad, we usually have a lot more chances. In saying that Myler should have buried his shot from Dempseys cross.

Macy
16/12/2002, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by Sean Drog
but attacking no we played bad, we usually have a lot more chances. In saying that Myler should have buried his shot from Dempseys cross.

I think to stay up you'll have to at least try and create something up front.... Longford are having a terrible time in terms of scoring, but we are creating chances (hitting posts, clearances off the goal line etc).... Our lack of goals and subsequent draws is what has dragged us into the relegation battle, so I really don't see how youse getting draws is going to pull you out of it - you're basically restricting yourselves to hoping that us and/or Derry fook up rather than putting the onus on you to pull yourselves out of it.....

This week is the key week for us, youse, UCD, Derry and Bray..... :eek:

Schumi
16/12/2002, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by Macy
This week is the key week for us, youse, UCD, Derry and Bray..... :eek: This week and the other 5 :(

Macy
16/12/2002, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
This week and the other 5
But this week 3 of the proverbial six pointers.... us v UCD, Bray V Dwogs, Derry v Pats..... things could look a lot clearer come Saturday night..... although have to say I predict the three games to end in draws.....

Schumi
16/12/2002, 4:40 PM
True but it'll go to the last couple of games I'd say.

Macy
16/12/2002, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
True but it'll go to the last couple of games I'd say.

I agree, but I reckon if we win then we'll be pretty much safe.....
Unfortunately, I can't see us getting anything more than a draw....

Schumi
16/12/2002, 4:49 PM
The 6 point cushion you have on us and Bray will probably be enough. I'd be surprised if we got more than 9 points from the rest of our games so 1 win would probably do you.

UCD_4_Life
16/12/2002, 6:04 PM
I'd be happy with a draw in Longford.

Dulux_Drog
16/12/2002, 7:24 PM
Originally posted by Macy

This week is the key week for us, youse, UCD, Derry and Bray..... :eek:

You can stick St.Pats in there as well.
Same points as Longford, I think?.... and just got thumped 4-1 by the bottom club.

DrogMan
17/12/2002, 8:03 AM
Hello all,
Just to give my view on Sunday's proceedings. I think a draw was a fair result condsidering the performances of both teams. We played well defensively but attacking wise we lacked the pace and runs of Fabio. I know that I said that we could do with a change but now I realise that we need him in the team, even though he might not get loads of goals but he creates chances for others by causing defenders problems so I'll be glad to see him back on Friday, and plus it's against Bray where he has scored 3 of his 4 goals against this season!!! Anyway Cork weren't that great and if they play like that on thursday night then they will get beat.
Well I noticed that some of you said that it didn't look like a peno, well I thought it was a clear penalty and seeing the highlights on the telly last night just proved it. For f*ck sake how could the ref not have seen that, bloody disgrace!!!!
Anyway looking forward to friday should make for a cracker of a game!!

Macy
17/12/2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Dulux_Drog
You can stick St.Pats in there as well.
Same points as Longford, I think?.... and just got thumped 4-1 by the bottom club.

Yeah actually meant to..... although Noel "the tw@t" King reckons Pats are safe, and we're still in the relegation battle, despite there only being goal difference seperating us.... :rolleyes:

pconnor
17/12/2002, 11:13 AM
I take it back, it was a definite penalty. Fuk me he took Danny clean out of it, Hancok is a wnker, never never does us any favours. You can be guarenteed controversy when he is in charge.

DrogMan
17/12/2002, 11:58 AM
Yeah he was the ref when we played Pat's at home earlier and he gave us nothing there aswell, quality ar*ehole!!!!

Whelo Drog
17/12/2002, 12:43 PM
A nil all match we should have won. Ref bottled only decesion he had to make for 90 mins.

It was a certain penalty, TV3 pundits aslo agreed.....

We will stay up, back to playing well for 90 mins...........:p