PDA

View Full Version : Article on Shels added to Gaurdian blog

ColinR
16/02/2007, 12:28 PM
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/02/16/empty_shels.html

nothing new in it, but will be interesting to see what others (gaurdian bloggers) make of the whole thing

Pauro 76
16/02/2007, 2:20 PM
This post sums it up...

Thanks for that - I'm slightly blown away by all this - The Irish League is utterly bonkers. I might have to start paying some attention from now. Can anyone recommend me a good team to support? I'm an Exeter City and Arsenal fan, so someone in red and white would be best. And not Shelbourne obviously....

I know a few heads over here who are fascinated with the goings on here. It's like some bad soap opera... you wouldnt get in the Premiership, thats for sure!

gustavo
16/02/2007, 2:27 PM
The "life long Sligo Rovers fan" on there gives us a bad name with a lot of his points.

WeAreRovers
16/02/2007, 2:55 PM
The "life long Sligo Rovers fan" on there gives us a bad name with a lot of his points.

Is he the one saying that Shamrock Rovers English equivalent is Spurs? No disrespect but what does that make Sligo? Nuneaton Borough?

KOH

charliesboots
16/02/2007, 3:18 PM
Is he the one saying that Shamrock Rovers English equivalent is Spurs?
KOH

Can't remember the last time Spurs were relegated

WeAreRovers
16/02/2007, 3:26 PM
Can't remember the last time Spurs were relegated

Touché.

You must be young though 'cos I remember it clearly. :(

KOH

Martinho II
16/02/2007, 3:43 PM
excellent article imo... you will see a huge interest in the eircom league from overseas nowadays esp with the shels situation. oh by the way get this mths four four two in the scotland section they have an interview with stephen kenny and a few paragraphs about the last eircom league season. a few mths ago they had a four page spread on the derry city situation in Europe and their rather unique situation playin down south!

BohDiddley
16/02/2007, 5:40 PM
I know a few heads over here who are fascinated with the goings on here. It's like some bad soap opera... you wouldnt get in the Premiership, thats for sure!
No you wouldn't. Just a massive bung scandal, a nasty agents infestation, and threatened points deductions for ineligible players. And, of course, a shockingly predictable weekly media handbags circus between Mourinho and Fergie/Wenger/fill in blank.

kdjaC
16/02/2007, 5:53 PM
You wouldnt get it in the PL as the PL clubs run the PL, but you would get it in the other divisions. Good few teams deducted points, facing extinction, roasting women etc:

kdjac

gustavo
16/02/2007, 6:37 PM
Is he the one saying that Shamrock Rovers English equivalent is Spurs? No disrespect but what does that make Sligo? Nuneaton Borough?

KOH

You'll be waiting a long time to see Nuneaton Borough in a higher division than Spurs :D