PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Monkeys; Malahide Castle

SligoBrewer
15/02/2007, 9:56 PM
anyone else planning on going to it?

itll be my first proper gig so i cant wait!!
:D

Neish
15/02/2007, 10:16 PM
anyone else planning on going to it?

itll be my first proper gig so i cant wait!!
:D

When they playing Marley Park?

Sure you don't mean Malahide Castle on the 16th June?

SligoBrewer
15/02/2007, 10:44 PM
When they playing Marley Park?

Sure you don't mean Malahide Castle on the 16th June?

yeah that..:o

gustavo
16/02/2007, 9:49 AM
Tickets out yet?

SligoBrewer
16/02/2007, 10:54 AM
Tickets out yet?

next friday..

im considering camping.

SligoBrewer
19/02/2007, 11:48 AM
ok DISASTER!

im gonna be in cork(country not city) on friday :eek:
no chance of gettin tickets for me..

if anyone else is buying tickets on friday can they pm me please. i need a massive favour

ForzaWexford
19/02/2007, 11:03 PM
Here's a massive favour for ya: The tickets are going on sale on Thursday, not Friday...

SligoBrewer
19/02/2007, 11:16 PM
im still gonna be in cork on thurs..

ah well

Cabinteelygull
24/02/2007, 12:52 PM
Im looking forward to it already with a new album out i hope its as good as the first.

Extra date added today!! from arcticmonkeys.com:

Due to overwhelming demand Arctic Monkeys are pleased to announce a second date at Malahide Castle, Dublin on Sunday 17th June.

Tickets go on sale on Saturday 24th Feb at 9am.
Booking line no.0818 719 300 and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

a bit late now i know but mite still be some available

SligoBrewer
01/03/2007, 7:59 PM
i got my tickets...

and by the sound of brianstorm :D

cant wait!

SligoBrewer
09/06/2007, 9:50 PM
wanted.. swap tickets for the sunday gig..

i have 3 tickets for the saturday,
i will swap for 2 on the sunday i am that desprete to go..

IM SO RAGIN! :mad:

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 1:59 PM
I have a ticket for the Sat gig, anyone want it for say E35 (worth E50) give us a PM.

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 2:18 PM
YOU really dont want to go mr fish do you.i mean your not one to be to generous are you now:p

Limerick v Tipp replay on the same day, what can i do? support my own or the English? its at short notice so thats why il take E35. Kelly travel running a bus for E25 return aswell in case your interested.

Jerry The Saint
12/06/2007, 3:33 PM
Limerick v Tipp replay on the same day, what can i do? support my own or the English?

Thought Nicky had retired:confused: Bringing Babs back was one thing but this is a step too far.

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 6:56 PM
IS THAT FOR THE CONCERT OR THE MATCH

Concert, E60 gets you up there and back and into the concert, you should have that left over from your confirmation ya?

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 10:29 PM
did you mean to put a big grin beside that smart ass.:mad:

you dont even know who i am to know how long ago my confirmation was.

whereas i know what age you are and your not much older than me.
do you the money for the gig so you can pay for the match ticket ya:p:DIm sorry young man! by a curious twist of fate i am unable to work my grins and smiles, anyway TICKET HAS BEEN SOLD.
Thought Nicky had retired:confused: Bringing Babs back was one thing but this is a step too far.Wouldnt support either English!

Monkfish
12/06/2007, 10:40 PM
so you would want to change your signature then.by the way are you one of the lads on the website picture outside outside the hotel in the supporters club section:confused:

I am a mystical figure who takes many forms.

NY Hoop
14/06/2007, 10:46 AM
2 spare for saturday as obviously cant go. Face value and can be collected in city centre. PM for details.

Thanks

KOH

Gareth
17/06/2007, 9:03 AM
2 spare tickets for sunday, pm me asap if your interested. Face value.

Monkfish
17/06/2007, 6:46 PM
Anyone that went could you give us a quick review? good/bad how long did it go on for......ect ect.
Thanks.

gustavo
18/06/2007, 11:08 AM
Anyone that went could you give us a quick review? good/bad how long did it go on for......ect ect.
Thanks.

http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/29019

Leejo
18/06/2007, 4:22 PM
Thanks.

Went saturday was unblievable. Delarentos, class. The coral, alright. Supergrass, alright.

Monkeys.....AMAZING, IMMENSE, EPIC!!!

Anyone who didn't go really missed out!

Monkfish
18/06/2007, 4:37 PM
Lads that i know who went said it was very good alright, but one of them told me people have been ringing Joe Duffy and 'the last word' today and complaining for this, that, and the other, anyone hear these shows today?

Jerry The Saint
18/06/2007, 4:47 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/29019

Constantly engaging the audience, he berated a fan for wearing Sheffield United's away shirt ("Why choose to buy the luminous one, even within all United shirts? You look like the Old Bill," he asked)

Good man :D

anto1208
18/06/2007, 9:20 PM
Lads that i know who went said it was very good alright, but one of them told me people have been ringing Joe Duffy and 'the last word' today and complaining for this, that, and the other, anyone hear these shows today?

Yea heard them normal thing kids drunk people peeing anywhere jumping around fighting selling drugs openly ( allthough i think some of people looking for or offering drugs openly in the concert area maybe DS ) .

Raheny Red
19/06/2007, 1:37 AM
I was working at it and according to the main heads in Aiken Promotions it was the rudest/ignorant crowd they ever came across!

Wolfie
19/06/2007, 12:32 PM
I was working at it and according to the main heads in Aiken Promotions it was the rudest/ignorant crowd they ever came across!

Yeah - couldn't make it myself but got a few eye witness accounts of scraps breaking out all over the place from lads who lets say wouldn't be easily intimidated.

Leejo
19/06/2007, 1:03 PM
Yeah heard it on joe about fights alright but i was up in the pit and didn't see one fight, theres was 5 security constantly going around stoping people pushing, telling people to get off shoulders etc. Two mates of mine had to get paper stiches from a clash of heads but that's all i heard/saw of.

Raheny Red
20/06/2007, 1:27 PM
Hundreds were thrown over the two days due to their behaviour!

Leejo
20/06/2007, 5:09 PM
Fair enough,i went on sat and only saw one person being thrown out...

BohsPartisan
22/06/2007, 8:59 PM
Supergrass, alright.

We are young, we run green,
Keep our teeth, nice and clean,
See our friends, see the sights, feel alright,
We wake up, we go out, smoke a fag,
Put it out, see our friends,
See the sights, feel alright

SligoBrewer
22/06/2007, 9:03 PM
***Sunday Gig***

First of all.. the Arctic's were brilliant, played a brilliant set.. glad they played 505..bit annoyed they left out If You Found This...

The Security as regards searching was grand..was searched twice on they way in.
As regards crowd control is was ridiculous..the staff there to control the crowd surges and moshing were pointless.. was at the very front until the crushing got far too much.. was a bit scared, well very scared actually. Between the crushing, people trying to fight for no reason at all and the stoners/very drunk people.

I enjoyed Supergrass.. thought they were brillant
The Coral were sh*te
Delorentos were brilliant. Pity they didnt get the Corals slot.. would have been class if they did as the crowd wern't just in the mood.

fbtn
26/06/2007, 1:22 AM
Arctic Monkeys were quality but it was one of the worst organised gigs I've ever been at. One beer tent with massive queues and one main exit which was dangerous on the way out (Sat gig) with people getting crushed. Don't think anyone was too badly hurt. Dumb student cops hadn't a clue what to do.

Enjoyed it - even though Supergrass were a tad dissapointing. I've seen them numerous times over the years and they're one of the best live acts out there. Just seemed to be going through the motions here though.

Whoever said about the DS was 100% right as well. Place was crawling with them.

Good day out.