PDA

View Full Version : A little advice needed regarding the FAI.

Pages : [1] 2

reder
15/02/2007, 6:13 PM
Guys,

(I am unsure as to whether it is a good idea to post links for touting sites as it just aids these filth, so I will refrain from doing so but can provided links etc, if proof is needed etc)

I was browsing a well known auction site a few days ago when I came accross an auction for a pair of lower davin tickets for the Wales game. Anyway, the "Q & A" section of this piece caught my eye originally, as this person said he was a "genuine fan" and "he knows whats it feels like to be left without a ticket for an ireland game". For some reason he also felt that he needed to add a liverpool crest to his advert.

As someone who is a long time supporter of the club and one who has access to tickets for any game home or away game, I immediately sensed an opportunity to catch a tout in the act. I have done this many times before and as always my first intention was to submit his details to the FAI via (info@fai.ie) in the expectation that he would be removed from the block booking list. After some "negotiations" which included me "offering" him tickets for Liverpool away games, I managed to obtain his mobile number, his name and his email address.

I promptly submitted these details to the FAI over 2 days ago in a nicely worded email including a link to the auction in the hope/expectation that they would act on the information and free up 2 tickets which could go to 2 genuine fans.

Two days on, no reply, it is pretty clear these people have no interest in combatting activity of this nature. I however, will always do my bit to help a genuine fellow fan and was wondering were I can take this issue to gain some level of justice?

Note : On previous occasions I received a response from them. They tended to have an excuse for not acting against the tout more often than not. I know they have acted against street touts in the past.

SuperDave
15/02/2007, 6:34 PM
re-send this info to ticket.office@fai.ie

no-one ever responds to stuff sent to info@fai.ie

eirebhoy
15/02/2007, 7:13 PM
tbh I can't believe the bid is €405 with 2 days to go. Does anyone have a CC they won't use on Ebay so they can put in a bid and don't take the tickets off him? :)

Newryrep
16/02/2007, 7:44 AM
Reder

This was touched on on the BB Croker thread. my view was

It would be good PR for the FAI - (Not that they need it:D )

Fans would report touts if they thought something would be done about it

pete
16/02/2007, 12:39 PM
Seen several ads from Touts in the Indo yesterday requesting rugby tickets. If the IRFU don't care I don't see the FAI being any different.

paul_oshea
16/02/2007, 12:46 PM
fair play to ye reder. i must commend you on this, however i agree with superclasydave, they never reply at info...

reder
16/02/2007, 2:26 PM
No reply at ticket.office@fai.ie either.

Bluetonic
16/02/2007, 2:35 PM
Seriously it's email, are you expecting an instant reply.

I suggest you follow it up via a phone call.

WexDec
16/02/2007, 2:38 PM
Also for the week thats in it I'm sure they're snowed under so wouldn't lose faith just yet. Only thing is although you have his name, number and e-mail, which was good sleuthing by the way, that doesn't mean they can directly link it with the eBay sale unless they actually purchase the ticket as mentioned previously. Have to guard against somebody just holding a grudge against someone else. I would guess they would need to match his house address unless he's used the same e-mail in corresponding with them but I don't know if they even capture than on the BB / WL info stored.

Glad to hear they've tackled street touts before as you rarely hear of any FA or club doing anything proactive about this persistent scourge on sport/music fans of all types.

eirebhoy
16/02/2007, 3:34 PM
Seriously it's email, are you expecting an instant reply.

I suggest you follow it up via a phone call.
the FAI usually reply to e-mails within a few hours.

dcfc1985
18/02/2007, 2:09 PM
Name and shame him thats what I say! :mad: Genuine supporter my ar*e

eirebhoy
18/02/2007, 4:19 PM
Sold for €405

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2x-tickets-ireland-vs-wales-soccer-tickets-croke-park_W0QQitemZ130077793588QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1306Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Green Tribe
18/02/2007, 4:35 PM
Sold for €405

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2x-tickets-ireland-vs-wales-soccer-tickets-croke-park_W0QQitemZ130077793588QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1306Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:rolleyes: :eek:
That's mad!

Bondvillain
19/02/2007, 2:11 AM
Next time, contact eBay directly.... They dont allow the sale of football tickets in Ireland or the UK....

(from eBay.ie safety centre page):

"eBay is an open marketplace, but we are also bound by UK or Irish law, and eBay's policies. We therefore restrict the sale of certain items on the site. These include, but are not limited to:

Guns & Weapons
Airline Tickets
Alcohol
Animals and wildlife products
Credit Cards
Drugs
Fireworks
Football tickets
Lockpicking devices
Lottery tickets
Items that potentially infringe copyright or trademark"

Cowboy
20/02/2007, 7:40 PM
Next time, contact eBay directly.... They dont allow the sale of football tickets in Ireland or the UK....
[/I]

No need to wait, just click on "report this item" at the bottom of the listing

soccerc
20/02/2007, 7:45 PM

As there is no legislation in Ireland, unlike the UK, regarding the re-sale of football tickets that section doesn't apply.

Cowboy
20/02/2007, 8:40 PM
In this case though it is a prohibited item on ebay since its the welsh game. Will certainly bring this guy some unwanted attention from ebay

"In addition, all listings for tickets to association football matches occurring anywhere in the world that are part of a competition or tournament organised by FIFA or UEFA and that an English or Welsh national or club team has participated in, or is eligible to participate in, are also prohibited. "

soccerc
20/02/2007, 9:02 PM
In this case though it is a prohibited item on ebay since its the welsh game. Will certainly bring this guy some unwanted attention from ebay

"In addition, all listings for tickets to association football matches occurring anywhere in the world that are part of a competition or tournament organised by FIFA or UEFA and that an English or Welsh national or club team has participated in, or is eligible to participate in, are also prohibited. "

Well spotted Cowboy!

andrew1977
09/03/2007, 2:56 PM
There was another set of tickets on e-bay yesterday for the wales game, ebay removed them this morning due to violation of their policy
Biddign was up to 150 sterling for 2 tickets v wales.Was keeping an eye on them myself but got way priced out of it for a match considering i have to bring the child with me

WexDec
12/03/2007, 3:45 PM
My faith is restored seems they're taking them off as soon as they pop up so no time for them to get up to mad prices but plenty of rugby alright. I could see closer to the match ones going up for a short time but having a high reserve / buy it now price with so few going, and the touts getting that price. Enough time for them to sell before being nabbed. If spot one report them immediately as if we'd done so with the original infringer he wouldn't have got his money.

Mad though that it only applies to England and Wales footie matches !

reder
12/03/2007, 6:23 PM
I reported that guy to Ebay as soon as was suggested. Thats why im surprised they have started deleting the ticket sales now. Isn't the minimum auction length not 1 day, surely they can remove the illegal sale within the timeframe.

Also fyi, i never received any reply from the FAI from either address, very disappointing.

citizenerased
12/03/2007, 8:38 PM
yeah the tickets seem to be get taken down very quickly, i reckon someone is doing something

andrew1977
13/03/2007, 11:04 AM
Another 4 tickets listed on ebay again , Item number: 260096389028,starting bid 1400 euro for 4 tickets, absolute disgrace and i cant get 2 anywhere for me and the child

Hope ebay nail this sell also

soccerc
13/03/2007, 12:04 PM
Another 4 tickets listed on ebay again , Item number: 260096389028,starting bid 1400 euro for 4 tickets, absolute disgrace and i cant get 2 anywhere for me and the child

That listing won't be there long and the guy put his photo on it too!

zenokelly
13/03/2007, 3:58 PM

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Republic-of-Ireland-v-Wales-at-Croke-Park-x-4-tickets_W0QQitemZ260096389028QQihZ016QQcategoryZ13 06QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

reder
13/03/2007, 4:31 PM
I have reported that sale to ebay but i reckon its a p1ss take myself. The advert as a piece seems to be a bit idiotic to me.

Just in case anyone in wonder regarding ebays policy, here it is:

http://pages.ebay.ie/help/policies/football-tickets.html?fb=true

So football tickets for welsh and english teams are illegal but the rugby tickets that were sold a few weeks ago were actually legal Wow!!

citizenerased
13/03/2007, 6:11 PM
Thought that but you man is from achill island he prob thought they wanted a pic of him when it said upload picture...

reder
13/03/2007, 11:38 PM
Shame on you ebay!!!!!!

Got this response from them but the appropriate action was to move the auction into the rugby union tickets section!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this item.

We have reviewed the eBay member you have brought to our attention and
taken the appropriate action.

We appreciate your vigilance in helping us to keep inappropriate
listings off eBay and encourage you to send any others that you see of a
similar nature our way. We ask that you report it to us via the form at
the following page:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your
cooperation.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gilbert
eBay Customer Support

The whole world can talk for free! Find out more at www.skype.com

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Form Message %32200% 053005
D_ID031320071037D_ID/W_ID102817141W_ID/S_ID205S_ID
Subject: CW=C00361 Football tickets [260096389028 #UK $IE ?01 -01 ]

Listing Policy Breaches > Prohibited (banned) items > Event tickets >
Football tickets

Item Number(s):

KoemansCC
14/03/2007, 12:07 AM

That listing is still up on ebay as of now, best of luck to him getting the €9999.00 that I've bid (shows up as €1600 at the moment and didn't use my proper ebay account) ... :o

Tried to bid a million but wouldn't let me...FCUK HIM

paul_oshea
14/03/2007, 10:29 AM
lol koemans i was thinking of doing the same but i couldnt be arsed filling out a new account!!!

eirebhoy
14/03/2007, 10:57 AM
I actually thought that was a real bid. :D Well done Koemans, get his hopes up.

Jerry The Saint
14/03/2007, 11:08 AM
That listing is still up on ebay as of now, best of luck to him getting the €9999.00 that I've bid (shows up as €1600 at the moment and didn't use my proper ebay account) ... :o

:D If anyone's around Achill, keep an eye out for a 36-year-old, slightly startled baldy guy.

Venue Section: Stand

Informative!

reder
14/03/2007, 5:08 PM
Good luck getting 1600 for your tickets now, you ****! They have taken the auction down. Sent them the other auction numbers for good measure.:D

WexDec
14/03/2007, 11:09 PM
Thought that but you man is from achill island he prob thought they wanted a pic of him when it said upload picture...

Very disrespectful to Achill Islanders ! There's a bad egg in every batch. I can't even laugh at the ad now its taken down. Probably hiding behind his Aran jumper expecting the Gardai to call around to him for a bit of a chat :D

Nice touch boosting the bid up to get his hopes up, probably had half it spent down in the local. Maybe a good tactic but stop at say a grand a ticket to make it realistic-ish and string him out on the payment for a few days say till ermmmm Saturday week ! He'll be rowing his boat fairly lively then.

reder
15/03/2007, 10:34 AM
I would love to string one of them along but ebay are right on the case of deleting these auctions now. I reported 3 yday and they had they down in a few hours. It only takes a minute to report them.

WexDec
15/03/2007, 1:45 PM
Just goes to show regarding general discussions about Ireland, club or even rugby or gig tickets that people will supply anti-tout info if there's an expectation that something will come of it.

SuperDave
16/03/2007, 12:36 PM

set up two fake accounts and counter bid to a huge price. then pm him and tell him he's a w@nker.

reder
17/03/2007, 11:31 AM
How do you get by the 'Confirm Identity' piece. I presume you dont give your correct credit card details or phone number.

zenokelly
17/03/2007, 12:26 PM
I decided to buy the 2 Slovakia tickets, because it wasn't an auction, using a bogey account. Feel harsh because he was onl selling each for a fiver over face value, e150 for the 2.

andrew1977
18/03/2007, 9:54 AM
there is other ireland v slovakia tickets on e-bay now, wales tickets appear to have stopped completely on ebay.

highlight100
18/03/2007, 10:04 AM
How come these guys have 98 tickets for sale or is it a complete scam?

http://www.ticketsolutions.co.uk/order.php?event_id=2432

onenilgameover
18/03/2007, 8:52 PM
How come these guys have 98 tickets for sale or is it a complete scam?

http://www.ticketsolutions.co.uk/order.php?event_id=2432

Scam........ they dont have any...they ''try'' to source em for ye after money is paid and string ye along till outside the ground...lots of fans on here have been fupped over by the likes of these losers...Basel mark 1 was the bad year if I remember right...

reder
21/03/2007, 11:02 AM
Plenty of tickets on ebay now. Reported the Wales pair but very little I can do with the Slovakia tickets. If anyone has managed to get an ebay account set up can they put in some "bids" on these.

shakermaker1982
21/03/2007, 11:55 AM
Pretty **** poor that a fellow Irishman/woman would try and rip off someone to such an extent. 500 euros for a football game? Yeah maybe the World cup final but not a European qualifier.

WexDec
21/03/2007, 2:24 PM
Germany will be a lot worse being on a Saturday....especially if have anything to play for (oh please God)

Jerry The Saint
21/03/2007, 2:34 PM
I think I'm missing something here - Is this guy for real? (http://cgi.ebay.ie/PROGRAMMES-FOR-IRELAND-V-WALES-SLOVAKIA-SOCCER-INTS_W0QQitemZ190093529756QQcategoryZ1306QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

WexDec
21/03/2007, 3:19 PM
I really thought I had nearly seen it all rip-off/tout wise but then something like this reminds you there's no depths of stupidity people will go to make a dodgy/easy buck. Should be on World's Dumbest Opportunists or something.

Gonna bring me gear bag and stock up on them if they're worth that much :D Would I be able to exchange 5 tout programmes for 1 tout ticket I wonder ??? :rolleyes:

citizenerased
21/03/2007, 3:31 PM
laughable

Jerry The Saint
21/03/2007, 3:43 PM
Limited Edition: Only 74,000 copies printed. :D

I'm guessing the guy is trying to get around eBay rules and this is the equivalent of 'Bid on this lovely brown envelope + special free gift of 4 tickets!' but it doesnt' say that anywhere...

Having said that, he could be like the guy from Achill who saw 'Upload Photo' and put a picture of himself in the ticket auction.

WexDec
21/03/2007, 3:47 PM
Still sorry I missed that before it was taken down, funny out !