PDA

View Full Version : wHO WOULD YE LIKE TO SEE MANAGE THE LIMS NEXT?

BlueisBeautiful
13/12/2002, 1:19 PM
Personally I'd nearly give it back to Tommy Lynch at this stage. The options are not exactly varied. What do the Limsheads think?

sadloserkid
13/12/2002, 1:23 PM
... myself given a run at this stage! Or we could co-manage like those Swedish boys did...

Seriosuly I really don't know... It's hardly the most attractive job around now is it? And all that's if O'Connor goes which I would say is probably unlikely right now.

BlueisBeautiful
13/12/2002, 1:25 PM
Would that be Bjorn and Benny from the ABBA?

sadloserkid
13/12/2002, 1:30 PM
We have the hair for it and I'm sure we can find a couple of likely ladies in the throngs of them at Mary I.

BlueisBeautiful
13/12/2002, 1:37 PM
mmmm....... Thongs.

sadloserkid
13/12/2002, 1:38 PM
What Limerick player would you most like to see in a thong? :D

Éanna
13/12/2002, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by BlueisBeautiful
Personally I'd nearly give it back to Tommy Lynch at this stage. The options are not exactly varied. What do the Limsheads think?
am i right in thinking he is/was with shannon?

LFC Blue
13/12/2002, 11:39 PM
The options are very poor but with O'Connor in charge we're going nowhere.Dermot Finnin would be the man for me but its unlikely he'll want it.Maybe Dave Connell-he might have done terrible at galway but he's the best we've had in the last 6 or 7 years.

sadloserkid
16/12/2002, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
am i right in thinking he is/was with shannon?

I'm not sure if it's Shannon or Park Rangers

LFC in Exile
16/12/2002, 1:39 PM
Please God no. Not Tommy Lunch. The man who said he didn't want Limerick to be promoted! He still wanted us to pay money in to watch though. I don't think he achieved anything with the club - why bring him back? And if you think O'Connor's selections are strange, Tommy Lunch never dropped Gareth Ryan!

I think O'Connor should stay - review at the end ofthe season. If he goes I'd like to see someone like Ray O'Halloran take over. Don't know why - a class player and a leader on the pitch. Maybe he could inspire the players. He certainly would have their respect.

One thing though is to be careful what you wish for in terms of replacing O'Connor. We could be left with Billy Kinnane (again! no!!!)

sadloserkid
16/12/2002, 1:54 PM
Not Billy Kinnane, he's too bloody gloomy if nothing else! If O'Connor was to go (and I'm not alone in thinking he's earned a chance to make a go of things) and we were looking at older players I wouldn't take O'Halloran back. Too quiet. I'd be more inclined to look at one of the Whyte brothers who are Limerick through and through. These are guys who have handed back their wages after playing poorly and who brought in something like 8-9 of the player sponsors this season. Derek and John have given a lot to this club and I'd love to see one of them given Mike Kerley's U-21 manager job for next season (with all due respect to Kerley 4 points from 12 or 13 games tells it own story).

LFC Blue
17/12/2002, 6:18 PM
O'Halloran is an excellent idea.an absolute LFC legend maybe have Finnin his assistant.Two men with great reputations who never left the club down.they both could still do a great job on the field aswell especially ray eventhough he is shoving on he always kept his fitness up a natural born leader who would defintely be able to entice top players to the club.it's probably a poisoned chalice but i really feel we need a fresh start for next season.Dermot Finnin- Ray O'Halloran- Albert Finnin- Dave Connell?????????