BohDiddley
15/02/2007, 2:22 PM
Now that's interesting!

bohs til i die
15/02/2007, 2:27 PM
http://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm

Im happy enough with the signing.

On what basis?

Selling your best players to Premiership abnd Championship clubs and signing unfit has-been jokers that cant get a contract at Blackpool is hardly moving in the right direction.

Farrelly left Blackpool with the Blackpool manager quoted as saying "Gareth wants to get back playing at his own pace and we cant afford to wait around"

Its another Liam O'Brien type signing for the Langers.

Fester
15/02/2007, 2:30 PM
Would'nt like to be in his boots v bohs

Macy
15/02/2007, 2:34 PM
Would'nt like to be in his boots v bohs
Won't he be injured by then?

BohsPartisan
15/02/2007, 2:37 PM
Won't he be injured by then?

Yeah he'll come down with some mystery injury and then will be jumping about in training the following Monday. Spoofer.:mad:

Vitruvian Man
15/02/2007, 2:42 PM
Best news so far today.
I can't wait for Gareth to come back to Dalymount.

Terrible signing in my opinion. There is no doubt that Farrelly is a classy player when he could be arsed, but the problem is he is only arsed 0.001% of the time. He might do a bit better because the standard of the Cork squad is higher than the standard of the Bohs squad assembled by...you know who.

I predict he will be a first teamer at the season kick off, will be an "impact sub" midway through the season, and by the end of the season Cork will be trying to offload him.

He'll hit a couple of 60 yard passes in his first game and you will think - this guy is brilliant. But wait until you are 1 down in the last ten minutes of a cup game and he's waddling around further back than your centre halves.

WeAreRovers
15/02/2007, 2:58 PM
On what basis?

Selling your best players to Premiership abnd Championship clubs and signing unfit has-been jokers that cant get a contract at Blackpool is hardly moving in the right direction.

Farrelly left Blackpool with the Blackpool manager quoted as saying "Gareth wants to get back playing at his own pace and we cant afford to wait around"

Its another Liam O'Brien type signing for the Langers.

You can actually smell the bitterness off that post. :D

Farrelly will get a fantastic reception from Rovers for his sterling work at Bohs. Just hoping that the new spoofer lives up to our expectations. If Scully's dealings with him so far are an indication we won't be disappointed. ;)

KOH

bohs til i die
15/02/2007, 3:02 PM
You can actually smell the bitterness off that post. :D

My bitterness towards Gareth Farrelly would be on a par with the average Hooper's level of bitterness towards the greatest chairman in the world, Tony Maguire.

Vitruvian Man
15/02/2007, 3:04 PM
At least BTID will be able to let out all that bitterness on two occasions next year.

It's bad for your health to bottle it up.

Mystery injuries permitting of course.

I'd well believe that Farrelly was some kind of Rovers "filth column" sent to infiltrate Bohs.

WeAreRovers
15/02/2007, 3:17 PM
I'd well believe that Farrelly was some kind of Rovers "filth column" sent to infiltrate Bohs.

I'll assume that was a Freudian slip. ;)

KOH

pete
15/02/2007, 3:27 PM
If he can stay fit could be good signing. At least we will have some quality at free kicks anyway. Maybe he'll do better just concentration on the playing side...

I think we may announce tomorrow that Colin Healy also signing in job share with Gareth Farrelly. :p

Pablo
15/02/2007, 3:27 PM
Didnt Bohs fans think Stephen Kenny was crap too?

SÓC
15/02/2007, 3:29 PM
Ah you know the Bohs fans ways Pablo.

Abuse your own players, abuse your own manager. Why support the team when you can get on their back. Par for the course in D7

BohsPartisan
15/02/2007, 3:31 PM
No.
There is no comparison. Farrelly as has been mentioned couldn't get a contract with Blackpool. He's not a sh't player, just a lazy player and when push comes to shove a lazy player is as bad as a sh't player.

Pablo
15/02/2007, 3:38 PM

Abuse your own players, abuse your own manager. Why support the team when you can get on their back. Par for the course in D7

Then lie in wait at the top of the alley to beat(ha!) up away fans. I see how they work alright :D

wws
15/02/2007, 3:40 PM
Bohs fans think EVERYONE is crap...bar Kevin Hunt....who some of them now think is crap

Farrelly decent signing for Cork in the circumsatnces (circumstances being no non Munster based LoI player wants to live in or play for Cork)

Vitruvian Man
15/02/2007, 3:40 PM

I'd take that from any fans except Cork fans.

Cork = Bohs in Green

bohs til i die
15/02/2007, 3:45 PM
If he can stay fit could be good signing. At least we will have some quality at free kicks anyway. Maybe he'll do better just concentration on the playing side...

I think we may announce tomorrow that Colin Healy also signing in job share with Gareth Farrelly. :p

He has to get fit first. No doubt Farrelly has ability but he vanished from playing for about 4 years prior to getting the Bohs job. Why do you think a former international cant get a contract at a mid table league one club?

Two managers in different in leagues in the space of 6 months have both said almost identical things about him. "He wants to get back into playing football at his own pace"

Calcio Jack
15/02/2007, 3:47 PM
Best news so far today.

He'll hit a couple of 60 yard passes in his first game and you will think - this guy is brilliant. But wait until you are 1 down in the last ten minutes of a cup game and he's waddling around further back than your centre halves.

Or is seen waddling up and missing a penalty in a cup game...ouch:p

wws
15/02/2007, 3:48 PM
He has to get fit first. No doubt Farrelly has ability but he vanished from playing for about 4 years prior to getting the Bohs job. Why do you think a former international cant get a contract at a mid table league one club?

Two managers in different in leagues in the space of 6 months have both said almost identical things about him. "He wants to get back into playing football at his own pace"

I think your letting his managerial tenure cloud your judgement - easily one of the best players on the pitch for Bohs any time I saw him play. He should never have been given the management role in the first place....but like Stan sin scéal eile.

WeAreRovers
15/02/2007, 3:57 PM
At least we will have some quality at free kicks anyway.

Not to mention throw-ins. His real speciality. Gareeeeth. ;)

KOH

monutdfc
15/02/2007, 4:09 PM
When fit he was one of thebest players in the league, possibly the best in fact. However, he was rarely fit - whenever he missed a couple of games it seemed to take him ages to get back to match fitness.

bohs til i die
15/02/2007, 4:11 PM
When fit he was one of thebest players in the league, possibly the best in fact. However, he was rarely fit - whenever he missed a couple of games it seemed to take him ages to get back to match fitness.

He was out for 5 weeks in 2005, returned for our cup game in Drogheda in late September. Played 13 games in a row but was still no fitter at the end of the season.

BohsFans
15/02/2007, 4:12 PM
I cannot wait for next season now!!! :D

The spoofer playing for the Corkies

O'Brien, Ferguson and Ricer playing for the filth.

Bring it on

:D

WeAreRovers
15/02/2007, 4:35 PM
I cannot wait for next season now!!! :D

The spoofer playing for the Corkies

O'Brien, Ferguson and Ricer playing for the filth.

Bring it on

:D

:confused:

KOH

pete
15/02/2007, 6:42 PM
If we get Healy could have a (fitness permiting) midfield of:

Kearney - Gamble - Farrelly - Healy.

I don't see any team in the league matching that.

Add Roy O'Donovan & John O'Flynn (fitness permitting) best strikers in the league.

:cool:

Our new sports science coach will be able to add great achievements to his CV if can keep them fit. :)

Schumi
15/02/2007, 7:32 PM
(fitness permitting)

You're saying that a lot though.

pete
15/02/2007, 7:35 PM
You're saying that a lot though.

We get a bulk discount with the physios :cool:

BohsFans
22/02/2007, 6:37 PM
:confused:

KOH