PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures Speculation Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

jebus
18/02/2007, 12:34 PM
The fixtures may not be out, but having just got my first look at Galway's new flag's slogan there's something out in Galway alright Conor :p

Lim till i die
18/02/2007, 2:54 PM
The fixtures may not be out, but having just got my first look at Galway's new flag's slogan there's something out in Galway alright Conor :p

I told you twas a beaut :p :D

pineapple stu
18/02/2007, 4:00 PM
UCD are at home on Friday 13 April. The game's going to be moved to the Thursday because our Alumni Dinner is on on the Friday.

So the fixtures are made up, but they're not being released until the Shels debacle gets sorted.

pete
19/02/2007, 4:23 PM
UCD are at home on Friday 13 April. The game's going to be moved to the Thursday because our Alumni Dinner is on on the Friday.

The season isn't even started & ye moving games because has dinner on friday.

:rolleyes:

(btw i am not knocking UCD as would knock any other club with such stupid reason to move game)

Schumi
19/02/2007, 4:38 PM
It's just a cover for our superstitious nature. :D

Dodge
19/02/2007, 4:49 PM
Possibly just for Dublin team even. Never remember a team from outside Leinster playing in. Did Dundalk play in?

Loads of times. As did Bray, Drogheda, Athlone...

pete
19/02/2007, 5:11 PM
Loads of times. As did Bray, Drogheda, Athlone...

I was going to suggest was Pale Cup but I don't think can suggest Athlone in the pale... :p

pineapple stu
19/02/2007, 5:40 PM
The season isn't even started and you are moving games because you have a dinner on friday.
In fairness, as far as I recall, it's always been on the Saturday, so it's a bit strange that it's the Friday this year. Maybe we got delayed waiting for the fixtures and Saturday got booked out? :p

Student Mullet
19/02/2007, 8:19 PM
How about all the players, officials and supporters hop into busses with blacked out windows at 6pm every Friday and step out two hours later at a surprise venue. It would save the FAI the trouble of drawing up fixtures at all.

bohs til i die
19/02/2007, 8:31 PM
How about all the players, officials and supporters hop into busses with blacked out windows at 6pm every Friday and step out two hours later at a surprise venue. It would save the FAI the trouble of drawing up fixtures at all.

Cork would be fukked then, turning up at first division grounds all the time

pete
20/02/2007, 8:59 AM
Cork would be fukked then, turning up at first division grounds all the time

We have a Munster derby now Shels been relegated. Should make it there inside 2 hours.

David
20/02/2007, 9:40 AM
Any news on when fixtures are expected. Will you have to wait for outcome of appeal?

BlueAsItGoes
20/02/2007, 9:45 AM
We have a Munster derby now Shels been relegated. Should make it there inside 2 hours.

Hey Pete must be 1 slow car u have.... 2 hours :) :) :)

Raheny Red
20/02/2007, 10:09 AM
Any news on when fixtures are expected. Will you have to wait for outcome of appeal?

I presume so, the FAI will have to wait until the appeal deadline passes (that's assuming if we don't appeal, and it could go on even longer)!

The Man Himself
20/02/2007, 10:26 AM
Hey Pete must be 1 slow car u have.... 2 hours

you do it in less then 2 hours on a postmans bike:D

Sonic
20/02/2007, 10:38 AM
Galway to Sligo is 84 miles one way or 135km - hardly hundreds - and if you ever get to a Galway v Sligo soccer match you'll be in no doubt about its status as a derby. Only when there's a huge gap in the respective form of either side does the atmosphere calm down.

We would be a closer derby for sligo. Its only an hour away!!

Sonic
20/02/2007, 10:40 AM
I presume so, the FAI will have to wait until the appeal deadline passes (that's assuming if we don't appeal, and it could go on even longer)!

Why would you be appealing. You see this is the kind reason why poeple have so much ill feeling towards shels cause everything is done through the courts. Accept a punishment which is leanient in the circumstances and get over it.

BohsPartisan
20/02/2007, 10:44 AM

According to today's papers the fixtures will be out today.

Raheny Red
20/02/2007, 11:30 AM
Why would you be appealing. You see this is the kind reason why poeple have so much ill feeling towards shels cause everything is done through the courts. Accept a punishment which is leanient in the circumstances and get over it.

Oh for **** sake :rolleyes: - I have accepted it, I know we got out of jail but I just would have thought that the FAI would wait until the deadline passes as I feel OB might want to throw a spanner into works, I honestly don't know if Shels will appeal I'm just speculating :rolleyes:

Schumi
20/02/2007, 11:31 AM
Will Cork be playing Waterford on the first day now?

Irish Fan
20/02/2007, 1:44 PM
According to the shamrock rvs forum the fixtures are to be announced at 4pm today.

The Man Himself
20/02/2007, 2:01 PM
-------------
that'd probably mean

shels v rovers,
pats v bohs,
bray v ucd,
galway v sligo,
cork v longford,
derry v drogs

this could now be changed to waterford v cork, ahhh you cant beat a good old munster derby.
some of the best football games ever were between thest two.

Magicme
20/02/2007, 4:45 PM
Have been told 5.30 but am sitting by the fax machine and its very very quiet!