PDA

View Full Version : Irish pair under suspicion in Leeds row

A face
12/02/2007, 10:50 PM
Irish pair under suspicion in Leeds row

February 12, 2007

Irish duo Graham Stack and Gary Kelly are among a host of Leeds United players under suspicion following Dennis Wise’s revelation that his starting line-up was leaked to Crystal Palace ahead of Saturday’s Coca-Cola Championship clash between the sides. Despite a 2-1 win over Palace at Elland Road, Leeds remain rooted to the foot of the Championship table.

And the morale in the dressing-room has received a further hit after Wise revealed that one of his players had revealed the team to Palace in advance – insisting that the person in question had not played on Saturday and would NEVER again don a Leeds shirt.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26477)

Risteard
12/02/2007, 11:37 PM
I reckon Wise is getting a bit excited here. Opposing players always talk during the warm up.

drummerboy
13/02/2007, 9:08 AM
I heard it was Shaun Derry, ex Palance player

tetsujin1979
13/02/2007, 9:26 AM
Big deal, every player at Leeds is under suspicion until the culprit is named, the fact that there's 2 Irish lads at Leeds is irrelevant, you could write the same story with "2 Scottish players" using Sullivan and Crainey. And why isn't Douglas listed?

ForzaWexford
13/02/2007, 10:08 AM
And why isn't Douglas listed?

Because he played on Saturday. Wise insisted the mole hadn't.

tetsujin1979
13/02/2007, 10:55 AM
Because he played on Saturday. Wise insisted the mole hadn't.

Fair enough, but my other point is still valid - you could write the exact same story about any player who didn't play at the weekend.

Lionel Ritchie
13/02/2007, 3:38 PM
part of the reason the conspiracy theorists are conjuring up Kellys name is that it could (so the story goes) save Leeds up to 2 million quid in salaries and bonus' due to be paid to Kelly if they can fire him for gross misconduct before his contract expires in June.

Doubt there's anything to it. For what it's worth -my guess is Derry and my other guess is that it was entirely innocent.

Wise is a fcuking clown and the sooner they fire him the better. Though I suspect we'll have to wait for the other crazy old cnut to drop dead first.

Lim till i die
14/02/2007, 8:22 AM
Wise is a fcuking clown and the sooner they fire him the better.

Spot On

The whole incident says far more about Dennis Wise than it does about any of his players :ball:

jebus
14/02/2007, 11:28 AM
Wise is a fcuking clown and the sooner they fire him the better. Though I suspect we'll have to wait for the other crazy old cnut to drop dead first.

Lets not be hasty here lads, Wise is doing a great job of turning Dirty Leeds into quite an ordinary League One team and think he needs the time to do so ;)

Lionel Ritchie
14/02/2007, 1:33 PM
never tought of that theory lionel didnt someone come out and basically blame gary for his huge contract been the reason the club is still struggling?

The club is struggling to maintain it's position in the second flight but it's debts are close to gone. It's not Gary Kellys fault that he actually got the contract nor that they couldn't move him on as no-one would or could near match it. That's the fault of people who offered such contracts -Ridsdale in particular.

Only last season Bates described Kells as one of the best players on Leeds books in terms of pulling for the team to get back up ...doesn't sound like talk a man looking to frame someone should be mouthing. As I said ...Conspiracy Theorist musings.

gustavo
15/02/2007, 8:56 AM
The Irish players were mentioned because the website the article is taken from focuses on Irish football and its players