PDA

View Full Version : Kerry lads training

limfan
12/02/2007, 11:48 AM
Being from kerry and a limerick fan just said id let ye all know that james sugrue, steven o mahony and david and steven conway are going training this week with limerick, the squad is getting bigger and the quality isnt bad so i dont think lim 37 wil struggle as much as every1 tinks....

A face
12/02/2007, 10:37 PM
Being from kerry and a limerick fan just said id let ye all know that james sugrue, steven o mahony and david and steven conway are going training this week with limerick, the squad is getting bigger and the quality isnt bad so i dont think lim 37 wil struggle as much as every1 tinks....

Are they handy? Were they in the Kerry select team?

gael353
12/02/2007, 10:44 PM
Are they handy? Were they in the Kerry select team?

Yes they all were. Sugrue is a class right wing while O'Mahoney captained the irish under 18s for a bit. David Conway is a tidy little midfielder while the other conway is a wild right full played for our 21s for most of last season. Kerry used the first three mentioned as threee central midfielders when they met our under 21s last season but it never worked as two speialist midfielders (Bourke and Miller) took them apart. Id like to see them in their true positions if they sign with us, hope they do though

see's it
13/02/2007, 7:39 AM
Steve o Mahoney was very good he'd be a great signing it was more great footballing decisions by the butcher to let him go in the first place

Lim till i die
13/02/2007, 12:26 PM
Steve o Mahoney was very good he'd be a great signing it was more great footballing decisions by the butcher to let him go in the first place

In fairness to NOC at the time Stephen was only a shadow of the player he had been under Mike Kerley and looked a bit dis-interested tbh :ball:

It of course could also be argued that the light,pacy,ball playing full back didn't quite fit the NOC philosophy :p

LFC in Exile
13/02/2007, 2:26 PM
In fairness to NOC

Thats enough to get you turfed off this forum and out of the SC. ;)

limfan
13/02/2007, 6:18 PM
Ya SOM is a quality right full and mid and yes did captain Ireland u-18 but hasnt bin the same since bein axed for the u-19, James Sugrue since breaking his leg is more played in the miiddle as he lost a bit of pace but able to do dat job aswel, David C is a very acomplished midfeilder and will be a good signin while his bother Steven is more of a right mid of late coz he has got quicker in the past few months that ive seen him play and is on the Ireland Coll squad, all in all 3 first team candidates and a fringe player!

Fairkop
13/02/2007, 11:35 PM
Yes they all were. Sugrue is a class right wing while O'Mahoney captained the irish under 18s for a bit. David Conway is a tidy little midfielder while the other conway is a wild right full played for our 21s for most of last season. Kerry used the first three mentioned as threee central midfielders when they met our under 21s last season but it never worked as two speialist midfielders (Bourke and Miller) took them apart. Id like to see them in their true positions if they sign with us, hope they do though

have seen all these players in their true positions with lims and to be honest think only steve conway has any potential..som showed some promise for a while has not got the brain to match his competitive spirit at this level..d.conway not good enough...sugrue ..a class right wing....do you fancy him or sommit ..if he that good why he and others in kerry league.the butcher got it spot on.still if ski signs them i will support them from the new shed.

see's it
14/02/2007, 7:55 AM
have seen all these players in their true positions with lims and to be honest think only steve conway has any potential..som showed some promise for a while has not got the brain to match his competitive spirit at this level..d.conway not good enough...sugrue ..a class right wing....do you fancy him or sommit ..if he that good why he and others in kerry league.the butcher got it spot on.still if ski signs them i will support them from the new shed.

are you serious?:confused:

Lim till i die
14/02/2007, 8:02 AM
are you serious?:confused:

Wouldn't really rate the conways or sugrue that highly myself tbh and it depends which version of som we get

IMO all four wouldn't have got in the team last year :ball:

see's it
14/02/2007, 10:07 AM
SOM didnt just become a bad player over night as said earlier he was very good under kerley,form dipped under the other guy.good player to have at right full as Molan will be needed elsewhere i reckon

limfan
14/02/2007, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't really rate the conways or sugrue that highly myself tbh and it depends which version of som we get

IMO all four wouldn't have got in the team last year :ball:

I find that hard to believe, SOM is miles better than molan and d conway showed up the lim mid wen kerry played lim in the league cup and j sugrue is a non stop working winger player even tho heff has all the qualities his effort last year wasnt eye catching , s conway is still 19 and has time to improve and i cant see many wingers geting past wit his pace but SOM for RB ATM

4tothefloor
15/02/2007, 2:16 PM
....do you fancy him or sommit ..
Someone's watching too much Eastenders...

Westside
15/02/2007, 7:50 PM
[QUOTE=FAIRKOP;623161]do you fancy him or sommit ..[QUOTE] More like Corrie, 4ttf, if it was Eastenders it wud be summink...:D :D

4tothefloor
15/02/2007, 9:50 PM
[QUOTE=FAIRKOP;623161]do you fancy him or sommit ..[QUOTE] More like Corrie, 4ttf, if it was Eastenders it wud be summink...:D :D
So you're a fan of both Westside, yea? :D

Fairkop
16/02/2007, 7:24 PM
Someone's watching too much Eastenders...

its even more depressing than you.

Lim till i die
16/02/2007, 11:42 PM
I find that hard to believe, SOM is miles better than molan and d conway showed up the lim mid wen kerry played lim in the league cup and j sugrue is a non stop working winger player even tho heff has all the qualities his effort last year wasnt eye catching , s conway is still 19 and has time to improve and i cant see many wingers geting past wit his pace but SOM for RB ATM

Conor Molan - Fringe Player last year

League Cup game against the fuppin Kerry League - Unimportant

4tothefloor
18/02/2007, 8:50 PM
its even more depressing than you.
Awwww, getting a bit narky are we? :D

What's that supposed to mean anyway?

limfan
20/02/2007, 4:29 PM
Peter Mcarthy from Kilarney Celtic has signed for limerick, James Sugrue not signing and Steven o mahony and S conway not being let go by their club, thats al ive heard for now

tralee_dynamo
26/02/2007, 3:31 PM
Peter Mcarthy from Killarney Celtic has signed for limerick, James Sugrue not signing and Steven o mahony and S conway not being let go by their club, thats al ive heard for now
Heard mccarthy has signed, wish him the best of luck but I can't believe ye signed him,wouldn't rate him in top 5 strikers in KDL :confused:

D. Conway and Sugrue are staying in Kerry. Don't know about the other two (S. Conway and SOM).

Bonovox
04/03/2007, 10:48 AM

Did the 3 Kerry lads sign?

gael353
04/03/2007, 11:22 AM
Did the 3 Kerry lads sign?

None of the conways, O'Mahoney or Sugrue signed. IMO i think unless someother club shells out big bucks for their personel demands, i think their senior careers are over. Sad to say cos there all good players.

balls
04/03/2007, 11:36 AM
would have been good signings. not many players would leave lisselton they get well looked after at that club ££

Bonovox
04/03/2007, 5:02 PM
Do all three of them play with Lissleton?

balls
04/03/2007, 6:49 PM
steve o mahoney and sugrue do anyway