PDA

View Full Version : Hoggy stays

Hitman
11/02/2007, 2:42 PM
"HORGAN FOR USA
...Neal Horgan has opted to try his luck in the USA. Horgan, who is an American citizen, is going on trial with Denver club Colorado Rapids, and is taking part in their pre-season camp in Mexico.
...Richardson has been given a budget by City's new investors to acquire replacements, and he is hoping to sign three or four players from English clubs."

From unison.ie.

A face
11/02/2007, 3:56 PM
FFS .... thats all we need :rolleyes: :o :mad:

pete
11/02/2007, 4:31 PM
Hoggie been so consistent in recent years he will be a big loss. Could have done without this but nothing can be done...

harry crumb
11/02/2007, 4:38 PM
Are we going to sign any players?

Players like Bennett and Horgan are hard to replace.

Peadar
12/02/2007, 8:41 AM
Horgan, who is an American citizen, is going on trial with Denver club Colorado Rapids, and is taking part in their pre-season camp in Mexico.

New best friends of Arsenal. (http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=447154&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Arsenal+enter+partnership+with+Colorado+Rapi ds)

Dodge
12/02/2007, 9:23 AM
So is that 3 of last year's defence gone?

pete
12/02/2007, 12:07 PM
So is that 3 of last year's defence gone?

Yup, 3 gone from best defense of last 2 seasons. :(

Part of successful defence was playing same unit consistently.

Hitman
12/02/2007, 1:37 PM
"
Horgan, who is out of contract with City, however is at pains to emphasise that the decision to train with Rapids does not mean that he is definitely leaving Cork City.

“Nothing is decided,” said Horgan. “The next two weeks is all about them (Rapids) having a look at me and me having a look at them.

“The reason I am pursuing this is primarily because I want to further my legal education and want to eventually sit the American Bar Exams."

"
From tonight's Echo.

eveningecho.ie

micls
23/02/2007, 1:54 PM
Back of the Echo today saying Hoggy turned down their terms and is on the way home to talk to Rico

Dodge
23/02/2007, 1:59 PM
Great news for Cork. Hope he misses the Setanta cup though :D

Pablo
23/02/2007, 2:02 PM

Best signing of the lot! Delighted with this.

Apparently they offered him a poor enough deal so he's coming home! Great News!

micls
23/02/2007, 2:03 PM

Best news of the week. At most he'd miss Dungannon.....dont worry he'l be back to sort your lads out alright :cool: :D

Dodge
23/02/2007, 2:05 PM
If Rico offers him the right deal. Might get Johnny Mac to send him a text ;)

pete
23/02/2007, 2:14 PM
Best signing of the lot! Delighted with this.

Excellent News! :cool:

Risteard
23/02/2007, 2:18 PM
If he signs, the league is definitely attainable.

A face
23/02/2007, 3:04 PM
The Jawb !! :D ;) :ball:

razor
23/02/2007, 8:28 PM
Might get Johnny Mac to send him a text ;)And Johnny Mac might just get a text back, but thats disrespectful isn't it.:D

Peadar
24/02/2007, 9:00 AM
And Johnny Mac might just get a text back, but thats disrespectful isn't it.:D

No, boy, it's the way things should be done!
I think every "player" should reject, Pats via text. :D

YankExile
24/02/2007, 6:10 PM
Bit surprised he turned down their offer, given that his main reason for trying out was off the pitch. The offer must have been really bad if he was willing to pass up trying for the US bar.

micls
24/02/2007, 6:38 PM
Bit surprised he turned down their offer, given that his main reason for trying out was off the pitch. The offer must have been really bad if he was willing to pass up trying for the US bar.

He couldnt continue his studies for some reason....thats the main reason he turned it down- the offer was also poor

Dodge
24/02/2007, 6:46 PM
Probably offered him a development contract. The American pats have just signed (apparently, he's in the Setanta squad) was drafted by FC Dallas and offered a Development Contract. He turned it down to come to europe (and Pats!)

harry crumb
24/02/2007, 6:56 PM
Massive signing.

So underrated around the league. Does everything with a bit of class.:ball:

pete
25/02/2007, 10:02 AM
No money in the MLS unless a star player. I guess Hoggy felt he would not have enough time off to study & would have to live in a trailer on their wages. :p

A face
28/02/2007, 3:30 PM
Horgan Signs 2 Year Deal
Neal Horgan has today signed a 2 year full time contract with the club. Manager Damien Richardson has also confirmed that he expects Billy Woods to re-sign for the club later today. Richardson told CorkCityFC.ie: “I’m delighted to have the experience and talent that these three individuals bring to Cork City Football Club. These signings further demonstrate the ambition that lies at the heart of this club.”

For his part, Neal Horgan told CorkCityFC.ie “I’m delighted to sign back with the club and I’m very excited about the coming season. Along with the other recent signings, the squad is looking strong and I’m confident that we should be challenging for silverware this season.”

In the bag !!

pete
28/02/2007, 4:15 PM
Signing for two years is a bonus as means he won't be thinking about his next move for a while now.

ccfcgirl
28/02/2007, 4:57 PM
Great news that Neal Horgan signed a 2 year contract one of Cork Citys most consistent players...

Risteard
28/02/2007, 8:24 PM
And full-time which surprised me.
A great boost. Was Hoggy full-time towards the end of last season.
I believe all the ex u-21s in the senior squad are now full-time aswell. This could be the last year a part-timer ever plays for City if Colin T packs in the playing side of things at the end of the season.
I reckon Woods has decided to have one last year as a swansong due to either
1. Lack of cover at left back.
2. Chance to play with new signings.

SÓC
28/02/2007, 11:49 PM
And full-time which surprised me.
A great boost. Was Hoggy full-time towards the end of last season.
I believe all the ex u-21s in the senior squad are now full-time aswell. This could be the last year a part-timer ever plays for City if Colin T packs in the playing side of things at the end of the season.
I reckon Woods has decided to have one last year as a swansong due to either
1. Lack of cover at left back.
2. Chance to play with new signings.

Even at that Colin works full time in football so even when he's at his other job he's further his football experience. His other job allows him to pick up great expierence which he can pass on to the younger members of our squad.

I wonder will Hoggy be furthering his studies to some extent during these two years?

Risteard
01/03/2007, 12:51 AM
Probably have something doing.
He's always around UCC.
It's probably just that he's free to attend every training session, match and function now as his study/ work experience commitments aren't as heavy.
Heard also that Colin T makes some of the full-teams training sessions and does an extra bit at night.
Presume Billy just trains with the under-21s now.

pete
01/03/2007, 10:44 AM
Billy Woods is the only real semi pro in the first team squad now. I think he just signs 1 year contract so can access the situation every season. It probably suits him & the club.

Colin is effectively full time footballer.