PDA

View Full Version : Rovers game

Philly
10/02/2007, 4:20 PM
What did you all think?

Not inspiring stuff, but it was the first preseason of the season. I thought we looked good in the middle and dodgy down the flanks. O'Neill didn't have the best of days on his debut either....

On a side note, sad to see some young County fans get attacked. Lets hope Rovers do something about that crowd of scum eventually.....

steno
10/02/2007, 5:06 PM
Is that what all the fuss was about? no one hurt? . Probably best left at that.

It is only pre season. Derry were beaten by Dundalk 4-0, nobody will look into that too much and I hope the County faithful do the same here.

Austin O' Neill had a disaster but lets give him a chance. I thought Sean L'Estrange did alright. Its the first time some of the lads have played together (I hope). Nice goal from Stephen Mc Crossan

Does anyone know who Pauric Lee and Gary Walsh are, who they have come from etc or are they from the U-21s?

sligoman
10/02/2007, 5:08 PM
Result?

steno
10/02/2007, 5:10 PM
3-1 to Shamrock Rovers

Could have been 4 or 5 nothing special or exciting decent crowd for a friendly though.

Philly
10/02/2007, 5:19 PM
I think Lee was with Galway.

steno
10/02/2007, 5:20 PM
Cheers Philly, Is he here as a Trialists or permanent

Philly
10/02/2007, 5:50 PM
Trial I believe.

Kildare Lad
10/02/2007, 9:22 PM
On a side note, sad to see some young County fans get attacked. Lets hope Rovers do something about that crowd of scum eventually.....

Yeah F**kin terrible, 1 has a broken nose and the other has a broken collarbone.

Scary. Really Sickend Me. Im never going to another rovers game.

Philly
10/02/2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah F**kin terrible, 1 has a broken nose and the other has a broken collarbone.

Scary. Really Sickend Me. Im never going to another rovers game.

Yeah. The ambulance crew was only used once before. Today it got used helping some 14 year old after his nose was broken by a drunk Rovers fan and his mate.

A message to all Rover's fans: Get that scum element out of your club.

I'm sure most of you know who gets up to that kind of crap, and it's a disgrace. Any unprovoked attack atrocious, but surely you guys want eircom League grounds to be safe places to go? If so, sort them out, ban them, send their details to other clubs. Stop standing idly by.

Philly
10/02/2007, 11:55 PM
And another kid has a broken collarbone.

steno
11/02/2007, 11:29 AM
Lads I didn't realise it was this serious. I had noticed a bit of activity around the ambulance alright.

[QUOTE=Philly;621421]Yeah. The ambulance crew was only used once before. Today it got used helping some 14 year old after his nose was broken by a drunk Rovers fan and his mate.

I'm sure most of you know who gets up to that kind of crap, and it's a disgrace. Any unprovoked attack atrocious, but surely you guys want eircom League grounds to be safe places to go? If so, sort them out, ban them, send their details to other clubs. Stop standing idly by.[/B]QUOTE]

Well said Philly.

Everyone is entitled to be able to go to an eircom league ground whether you are a home or away fan without the fear or the threat of violence hanging over you. Incidents like this do no favours for the eircom league.

Kildare Lad
11/02/2007, 11:45 AM
Lads I didn't realise it was this serious. I had noticed a bit of activity around the ambulance alright.

[QUOTE=Philly;621421]Yeah. The ambulance crew was only used once before. Today it got used helping some 14 year old after his nose was broken by a drunk Rovers fan and his mate.

I'm sure most of you know who gets up to that kind of crap, and it's a disgrace. Any unprovoked attack atrocious, but surely you guys want eircom League grounds to be safe places to go? If so, sort them out, ban them, send their details to other clubs. Stop standing idly by.[/B]QUOTE]

Well said Philly.

Everyone is entitled to be able to go to an eircom league ground whether you are a home or away fan without the fear or the threat of violence hanging over you. Incidents like this do no favours for the eircom league.

Yeah, it really was scary, none of us had experienced anything like it before. We didnt know what to do, we shouted into the stand from the astroturf pitch, but we dont know if anyone could hear us.

Luckily, only 2 were injured, it could have been much worse. My friend with the broken Collarbone was particularly lucky, he got alot of kicks and stomps to the head by these lads who were about 18/19, and he himself is only 14.

steno
11/02/2007, 11:55 AM
Its pathetic to hear that they were around 18 and decided to go and pick on a bunch of 14 yr olds. Broken Collarbone is particularly serious can take quite a while to heal as well.

I hope this won't stop you and your mates from supporting Kildare County, Kildare Lad. This I hope was a once of incident that will never happen again.

steno
11/02/2007, 11:56 AM
And a speedy recovery to both your mates.

Kildare Lad
11/02/2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah cheers, well i can only speak for myself now, but it has made me think about the whole supporting kildare county thing.

I will still support them and attend matchs, but i wont be going to any more Rovers games. And Im unsure if I'll attend the rest of the friendlies...

Oh and by the way, thanks to all the people who helped us.

Philly
12/02/2007, 5:30 PM
Just heard an appeal from the Gardai on KFM. The scum ran away to the train station according to the report.

Lets hope they are caught ASAP.

Kildare Lad
12/02/2007, 6:10 PM
Yeah its on KFM.

There were GardaĆ­ waiting at every trainstation between newbridge and Hueston, but still couldnt find them.

But Yesterday they got a picture of 1 of them, and said "there is a pretty good chance of catching them", we know they live in Crumlin.

And one lad lives in the same area as Sean L'Estrange.

Philly
13/02/2007, 9:07 PM
Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzKUdsXZsbM

We conceded some cringy goals...

Philly
14/02/2007, 2:02 PM
The attack made the front page of both of the major local papers here today.