PDA

View Full Version : david lee

Martinho II
09/02/2007, 9:07 PM
rumours in longford say that David Lee is apparently signing for us. I know nothin about him how highly do ye guys rate him?:confused:

monaghammer
10/02/2007, 6:53 PM
Wouldn't expect too much tbh. Not sure lee is capable of stepping up a level

gael353
10/02/2007, 7:21 PM
Hes a fine player but if anything this shows how low the budget is at longford this season.

progress
10/02/2007, 7:22 PM
is he th big blonde lad who played with shelbourne 21s

Magicme
11/02/2007, 5:35 PM
Not bad if given good service but not the most consistent of players. Was our top scorer last season and was joint 3 or 4th top scorer in the first division. Tall, built like a tank and if puts in the effort to make a high ball will b an asset to u. Also a thoroughly nice guy and was delighted a few weeks ago to hear that he was heading your way. Hope he makes it but it will depend heavily on the team around him as to whether he will be a big asset or not.

He had his own chant with us of "Leeza is the Geeza" and the white Pele song was sung on a few occasions in his honour. Was also known as the blonde bomber. Liked to score against Athlone and they dont like him for it!

Good luck Leeza! x

monutdfc
12/02/2007, 1:23 PM
is he th big blonde lad who played with shelbourne 21s
That's him progress.

Leeser always gives 100% effort (which fans always appreciate), scores some crackers (Athlone, Rovers last season) and is very composed when knocking home easy chances (the ones other players fluff).
However, for a big lad he does not win enough in the air, and he has no pace. I've always wondered about his fitness too.
He is a confidence player - when he's playing well he looks a world-beater, when he's off-from he looks terrible.

I think the step-up to the premier will be too big for him, but I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong (and the first to hold up my hands and admit it too)

feo123
16/02/2007, 11:41 PM
2 words-stone useless

monaghammer
17/02/2007, 8:02 PM
Not sure Athlone would agree with that

monutdfc
18/02/2007, 10:03 AM
I remember him calmly slotting home the winner in the Showgrounds too...

De Town
18/02/2007, 11:03 AM
came on last night for last 30 minutes, and was pure sh1te! Won't be able for the premier at all. Lucky we actually have 4 half decent strikers ahead of him!

sorbothegreek
18/02/2007, 12:20 PM
came on last night for last 30 minutes, and was pure sh1te! Won't be able for the premier at all. Lucky we actually have 4 half decent strikers ahead of him!

Nothing like declaring the lad sh1te after 30 mins in a team full of trialists. He might prove to be sh1te in time and he might not, but give him a chance.
Also, with our 4 decent strikers last year we still had a midfielder top scoring with 7 goals. I dont think were too blessed up front at all. He'll be an option if he can take a chance.

sligoman
18/02/2007, 12:38 PM
I remember him calmly slotting home the winner in the Showgrounds too...Was that the goal that was clearly offside but the linesman never flagged? Monaghan won 1-0.

I've seen Lee numerous times and I can safely say, he can't hack it in the First Division, never mind the Premier.

monutdfc
18/02/2007, 3:19 PM
Was that the goal that was clearly offside but the linesman never flagged? Monaghan won 1-0.

No, it was the goal when 2 United players easily sprung the Sligo Rovers offside trap, with Lee knocking it home. Monaghan won 1-0. ;) ;)

sligoman
18/02/2007, 5:32 PM
No, it was the goal when 2 United players easily sprung the Sligo Rovers offside trap, with Lee knocking it home. Monaghan won 1-0.;)Don't remember that at all, I must have missed that game:rolleyes: :D