PDA

View Full Version : Details of manager's association /committee?

Paraic
09/02/2007, 9:33 AM
Anyone got details of the manager's committee / union whatever they're calling themselves?

Sligo Rovers manager, Rob McDonald, is on the committee - beyond that, I haven't heard.

A face
09/02/2007, 3:23 PM
Was it the PMAI ? (could be totally wrong there too)

Ger Bickerstaffe was involved as well as Harry McHue afaik

Red4Eva
09/02/2007, 4:45 PM
all the managers were invited to san marino match(poor ba$tards). only 14 went. i don't think any1 has any other details

The Stars
09/02/2007, 8:28 PM
Unfortunetly Sean Connor was unable to attend as he was in Barcelona.

Red4Eva
09/02/2007, 8:30 PM
Unfortunetly Sean Connor was unable to attend as he was in Barcelona.

didn't go as a precaution cos he wasn't sure if his ego would fit in the small country of san marino

Billy Lord
09/02/2007, 10:02 PM
While the idea of a get-together is a good one, having it in the middle of pre-season is bad timing. Nick Roeg would apreciate the irony.

A face
10/02/2007, 11:28 AM
Lads, Paraic was asking about the Managers Association, not the junket that managers recently went on. Its an association much like the PFAI is for players, only its Managers union for Managers.

Anyone got details of the manager's committee / union whatever they're calling themselves?

Sligo Rovers manager, Rob McDonald, is on the committee - beyond that, I haven't heard.

LukeO
10/02/2007, 4:18 PM
It has everything to do with the junket to San Marino, A face. The old LMA run by Harry McCue has more or less fallen by the wayside in recent years and the FAI, as they have done with the PFAI and have failed to do with the SWAI, are trying to get every aspect of Irish football under their control, including the LMA which was the aim of the junket to San Marino... FACT!!

The PFAI is a union and any new LMA would be a union, and under no circumstances should these unions be under any sort of control of the FAI.

The FAI have already got their grubby claws on the PFAI, Fran Gavin's last act as PFAI chief was to move the assocition into the new FAI headquarters at Abbotstown. They FAI are now trying to do the same with the LMA.

atticman69
12/02/2007, 11:27 AM
Dermot Kiely is the chairman and Pete Mahon is involved somewhere, thats all I know. If you remember last season anyone that said anything out of turn in the media/websites etc they were fined, I think this is a official way for them to channel there issues to the FAI.