PDA

View Full Version : Last thing about saturday!

DrogMan
10/12/2002, 10:34 AM
I have to agree with the rest of the lads about the treatment we got from SOME of the Bogford supporters. I was there with my dad sitting at the foot of the stand watching the game and freezing my arse off, then in one incident when Dunne was runing clear and then he was hacked down by Spud(I think), I got up and shouted for a free kick as you do, then from behind me I was told to, and I quote, "Shut the f*ck up you jackeen wa*ker". Now I'm not one to get offended easily(Sticks and stones and all that..) so I just brushed that off, and then I remember we had a throw in on the far side which the linesman gave to us and then the ref overruled him for some reason, and I said loud enough "whats that all about", then another voice from behind me again to "shut up and read the rule book". Again I ignored it and continued to watch the game. Then after a while I felt something hitting my back, at first I thought that it was something falling from the roof, but it was something falling alright, it was from 3 little sh*ts throwing their chips at me and maybe somebody else who happened to be Drogs fans. Now this was the last straw and I turned around and found the little pr*ck who was sitting beside his DAD and he knew he was throwing stuff at me. So my dad and I just got up and left for another part of the stand.
Now in all the times that I have visted grounds I have never received the abuse that I got from those people, and thats not including the abuse Harry was getting, now I know we all ahout at rival managers and players but some of it was out of order. I can say without a doubt that Longford Town are the team I dislike the most in this league, and some of the stories about Rovers fans(I know there are some that cause trouble) are a bit unjustified when compared to this.
So the next we play Longford away I think I might stay at home and watch Teletext as I can't put up with that crap anymore.

Macy
10/12/2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DrogMan
I can say without a doubt that Longford Town are the team I dislike the most in this league, and some of the stories about Rovers fans(I know there are some that cause trouble) are a bit unjustified when compared to this.

Right, I'm not defending what you said happened, as it was obviously out of order.....

However a few chips being thrown is somehow worse than Rovers who in recent weeks have thrown glass bottles and golf balls?!? I can accept the critism and youse giving out about the treatment you recieved, but to somehow put us below Rovers with their scum element, and some of the other Dublin Clubs (have you been to Richer and got the treatment from their little skangers?) is just ridiculous....

The decent fans can only apologise, which I do, and again I will stress that most of us on this board are in section O, which is on the side that is opposite the stand...

DrogMan
10/12/2002, 11:22 AM
I'm not blaming you personally and I'm glad that there are some fans who want to watch the football, and yes I know that throwing bottles and golf balls os worse than chips, but when you sit there in the stand with fellow supporters, rivials or not, then you dont expect to be hurled that sort of abuse. Now I know the reputation that Rovers had and alot of it is deserved but if this is not sorted out soon then I'm afraid that Longford will get the same reputation as Rovers and what'll happen????
But even when we went to Tolka to play Rovers and we got hammered 5-0, I was walking out of the ground after and I didn't get any gloating or any of that crap that might have happened, which i was expecting, but I felt that if we had lost by the same scoreline at Flancare then I think the reaction would not be the same!!!
But I must fair play to the Section O crowd for trying to support the team. Committed bunch you's all are :D

Drogrough
10/12/2002, 11:27 AM
Before we get on our moral high-horse, remember the cider bottle at Tolka :(

Ps Wish someone would chuck chips at me, I'm F*ckin' starving :p

DrogMan
10/12/2002, 11:44 AM
Yes I remember that and it was not on!!!
BTW the chips were muck over there, comon MACY get it sorted!!!!!!;)