PDA

View Full Version : FAO Macy

Sean Drog
09/12/2002, 1:17 PM
I did take back what I said about Rovers and Longford and I quote

"A couple of questions....
1) Would you not agree that saying that we are worse than Rovers Fans is going over the top? Compared to what they have done in the past and over the last few weeks I think that is ridiculous....

Ok maybe I overstated things here, I concede this point, but I have to make it clear that in my experience it was the worst I've seen from el supporters - I've never had trouble with Rovers but I have heard of incidents with them so OK you're not as bad as them. "

Macy
09/12/2002, 1:27 PM
Sorry missed that, believe it or not actually pretty busy in work - trying to speed read (and type!)......

And please accept that I'm not trying to ignore all the stuff that went on Saturday, but I go in Section O which is opposite the stand - we simply didn't see/hear what went on in the stand... I'm reluctant to condemn anyone without hearing both sides - I've done it before and it caused me no end of sh!te..... The worst that we came out with was plenty of slagging over youse not being able to pronounce your R's... :)

Sean Drog
09/12/2002, 1:35 PM
there are always two sides but I hope that some of the Longford supporters in the stand will confirm what we say and your club sorts these lads out. I saw the O-section singing away - to be honest it was the only section of the Longford supporters who were supporting their side.

The stand got onto Lavinmes back when he had to come deep into midfield to get the ball, they failed to see that when he went uppfront he was man marked very well by Drog defence and he couldn't do much more than he was.

Xlex
09/12/2002, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by Sean Drog
I saw the O-section singing away - to be honest it was the only section of the Longford supporters who were supporting their side.

Yesh.... We were...

Macy
09/12/2002, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Yesh.... We were...

As per usual.... :cool:

If only some of us would stop chatting for some of the match, eh Xlex ;)

Xlex
09/12/2002, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Macy
If only some of us would stop chatting for some of the match, eh Xlex ;)

alrightt then....:(

Dulux_Drog
09/12/2002, 6:53 PM
I was over opposite the stand (near enough to Macy i suppose), and I have to say that I had no problems with Longford fans or stewards.
I'm glad i didn't pay the extra yo-yos though!