PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

dahamsta
08/02/2007, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the First Division, and welcome to Foot.ie.

adam

crc
08/02/2007, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the First Division, and welcome to Foot.ie
ditto.

I like the name, BTW! :p

Mr A
08/02/2007, 1:37 AM
Welcome to the big league Wexford!

Oh, and the first division is a grave yard. It's good craic though. Looking forward to visiting ye and welcoming you to Finn Park. I hope we get ye in your first game :)

Bluebeard
08/02/2007, 9:26 AM
Welcome into the big(ish) time, kids. Looking forward to the newest derby in the country!

passinginterest
08/02/2007, 9:58 AM
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Mr A
08/02/2007, 10:01 AM
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

You want to get that checked out dude, could be serious.

MyTown
08/02/2007, 10:57 AM
Yea - Welcome Wexford - Hopefully many years of a new football buzz in the south east & Hopefully a bit of local rivalry could boost gates in Wexford, Waterford & Kilkenny at least for a season!

A query for you:

How are ye referring to the new ground? What will it be known as?

Dodge
08/02/2007, 10:59 AM
The Stadio Del Wallace

Magicme
08/02/2007, 11:25 AM
Well done Wexford and cant wait to see you at CHP!

Good luck for the season!

Jofspring
08/02/2007, 11:40 AM
good luck in the first divison. hopefully limerick soccer will be joining ye.

wws
08/02/2007, 12:09 PM
he's establishing the conditions to create 10 more Kevin Doyles...

I assume he's taken the condoms from Mr and Missus Doyle

ForzaWexford
08/02/2007, 12:34 PM
I hope we get ye in your first game :)

Wexford v Waterford is what I'm hoping for. A local derby would be a nice way to start, and should bring in a good crowd aswell.

passinginterest
08/02/2007, 12:36 PM
At the moment whenever the ground is referred to is just called Newcastle. don't know if it'll be named after someone or not in the future. It'll find it hard to escape being called Stadio Del Wallace I reckon...

carrickharp
08/02/2007, 1:15 PM
Welcome all!

G-Man
08/02/2007, 2:35 PM
Cool, finally feel like I belong now that I've a proper Eircom League team to support and not just clinging on to Waterford! Must get the club badge set up as an avatar now too! Looking forward to the season and it'll make a change really having something to shout about in the RCS! Used to like going to see Waterford, but never really felt it like my club.

wws
08/02/2007, 2:39 PM
Cool, finally feel like I belong now that I've a proper Eircom League team to support and not just clinging on to Waterford! Must get the club badge set up as an avatar now too! Looking forward to the season and it'll make a change really having something to shout about in the RCS! Used to like going to see Waterford, but never really felt it like my club.

start a hoolie crew and attack those barstewards who shortchanged you at teh burger van

G-Man
08/02/2007, 2:56 PM
start a hoolie crew and attack those barstewards who shortchanged you at teh burger van

they were grand for the locals!!;)

Kildare Lad
08/02/2007, 5:10 PM
Welcome, and cant wait to travel down to wexford!

Maynard
08/02/2007, 6:27 PM
Go neiri an tadh libh go leir i Loch Gorman. Ta suil agam go mbeidh sibh linn an feadh tamall an-fhada ar fad. Dea ghui o Maynard.

sligoman
08/02/2007, 7:49 PM
Welcome to the league. Hope we meet(and beat) ye in the cup! :)

stann
08/02/2007, 9:16 PM
Welcome Forza (and all who follow you) to the greatest show in the world. Looking forward to a proper derby since Cork and Kilkenny have been offering us poor enough opposition in recent years. :D
(One of the above sentances may not be true)

(My money is on the first one!)

wexfordclockend
08/02/2007, 10:29 PM
Good Luck to the Wexford team from all the Gooner Yellowbellies!:D

About time we had a team in the league, hopefully will get to see the games when over in the summer for the hurling:rolleyes: Hope all the county can get behind the lads!

Please change the kit to Purple, Florintina or Anderlecht kits with gold trim would be nice:ball:

joeSoap
09/02/2007, 1:22 PM
Welcome Wexford. Will ye be signing Mattie Forde??;)

paudie
09/02/2007, 1:30 PM
Welcome to the EL, Wexford Youths.

Hope to see the club progressing on and off the pitch in years to come.

AVRoe
09/02/2007, 1:32 PM
Hi all, newbie in Wexford. Best of luck to Wallace & Dolan's charges for the coming season. I was talking to one of the squad members the other night and they're all chuffed and looking forward to the challenge.

joeSoap, unlikely as the squad's already selected, but we do have John Cooper, the Wexford gaelic football team's goalie, who's concentrating on association football this year at least.

G-Man
09/02/2007, 3:25 PM
but we do have John Cooper, the Wexford gaelic football team's goalie, who's concentrating on association football this year at least.

since when? never heard about this at all!

MyTown
09/02/2007, 4:27 PM
Was disappointed that Pat Dolan was not introduced to Prime Time viewers last night as the General Manager of Wexford Youths & disappointed that he made no reference to it himself. I think it was a lost opportunity to get your name out there.

I know the subject matter was how to hang draw and quarter Stan & JDelaney. Just think either Pat himself or Miriam O'Callaghan could have referred to your entry to the League in some way.

wws
09/02/2007, 5:40 PM
Was disappointed that Pat Dolan was not introduced to Prime Time viewers last night as the General Manager of Wexford Youths & disappointed that he made no reference to it himself. I think it was a lost opportunity to get your name out there.

I know the subject matter was how to hang draw and quarter Stan & JDelaney. Just think either Pat himself or Miriam O'Callaghan could have referred to your entry to the League in some way.

is he general manager?

i thought he was just assistant to the general manager

Martinho II
09/02/2007, 9:17 PM
congratulations to wexford youths! dont like the name but welcome new blood to the eircom league. hopefully we will play ye in future.

Is the ground in Wexford Town itself? Nice to visit a new ground. A county I have never being too often but hopefully this will change!:)

red arrow
09/02/2007, 9:55 PM
great to see new blood . welcome aboard 1000 cead mile failte from hte beautiful north west. sligo rovers one of the oldest established teams in the league of ireland welcomes the team and its supporters. hope we have an oppurtunity to play yee sometime and maybe to travel to wexford (never being there but know all about nicky rackard). always loved christy moore doing that song "the old woman from wexford and wexford she did dwell etc etc)
best of luck for the new season

Kerry Blue
09/02/2007, 10:06 PM
It'll find it hard to escape being called Stadio Del Wallace I reckon...

If it is called that will any supporters be allowed in or will they be banned?:D

Seriously though, well done to all involved with Wexford Youths. Looking forward to the trip to the sunny southeast to see the two newest members of the eL.

Terry
10/02/2007, 9:05 AM
Congrats, and welcome to senior football in Ireland. best of luck in the coming season, hopefully we will meet in the cup and us GUFCf ans get to visit wexfords home of football for the first time.

don ramo
10/02/2007, 2:40 PM
wellcome wexford, i cant wait to go to yer away game, another close by game sure we now have waterford, limerick 37, killkenny and yourself now all within 2 hour drive (well for me anyways:) ) nice few trips for the summer:) :ball:

Neish
10/02/2007, 11:32 PM
Welcome Wexford. Hope to see some of ya in Ballybofey over the next year.

Kildare Lad
10/02/2007, 11:40 PM
Will youse have any friendlys?

AVRoe
13/02/2007, 10:58 AM
since when? never heard about this at all!
Well that's what he was reported to be doing in the local press a couple of weeks back but I see he played for the footballers in the NFL last weekend, so maybe he'll now do both.

ForzaWexford
13/02/2007, 11:04 AM
joeSoap, unlikely as the squad's already selected, but we do have John Cooper, the Wexford gaelic football team's goalie, who's concentrating on association football this year at least.

The final squad is not selected yet. I think there's 32 players training at the moment but only around 20 of them willl make it. This is the first I've heard about John Cooper - he hasnt trained with the team once and I doubt he'll be involved this year. Saying that, he's a great goalie and I'm sure if he was involved he'd be a great addition to the squad! Eamon Doyle and Shane Dunphy are the 2 keepers currently training with the "squad".

G-Man
13/02/2007, 12:03 PM
The final squad is not selected yet. I think there's 32 players training at the moment but only around 20 of them willl make it. This is the first I've heard about John Cooper - he hasnt trained with the team once and I doubt he'll be involved this year. Saying that, he's a great goalie and I'm sure if he was involved he'd be a great addition to the squad! Eamon Doyle and Shane Dunphy are the 2 keepers currently training with the "squad".

I'd say AVRoe is mixing John Cooper with John Hudson. Cooper as you say hasnt been involved and he is coming to the end of his Gaelic career, hardly say Wallace would see future in him with soccer.