PDA

View Full Version : Merrion Square Protest

The Bit O'Red
07/02/2007, 10:13 PM
After tonights shame should we not organise a protest for tomorrow on Merrion Square? Shame on all involved. Shame.

onenilgameover
07/02/2007, 10:15 PM
em...no.... lets wait for him to turn it round...besides he can be very funny at times...

northsiderkid
07/02/2007, 10:24 PM
Shame on you! Your an excuse for a supporter!

What are we to protest? A win?

Philly
07/02/2007, 10:28 PM
The shambles that was Stauntons appointment?
The shambles that is Stauntons continued employment?
The shambles that is the FAI?
The worst Irish performance in living memory, despite having a team worth approx 100million v a team worth, um €10000?
Stauntons AWFUL attitude?

Could you celebrate that win Northsiderkid? Seriously! Worst performance ever.

northsiderkid
07/02/2007, 10:43 PM
Have you forgotten the fact that his team went missing when they were roughed up a bit early on

the pitch was a big factor in early misses

A jack charlton long ball team would have scored 10 but I hoped we had moved on from that.

GavinZac
07/02/2007, 11:09 PM
Have you forgotten the fact that his team went missing when they were roughed up a bit early on

the pitch was a big factor in early misses

A jack charlton long ball team would have scored 10 but I hoped we had moved on from that.

which premiership team do you support?

northsiderkid
07/02/2007, 11:11 PM
which premiership team do you support?

Whats that got to do with it?

Shelbourne and Celtic are my teams Im Irish I dont support an english team.

Fingal hoop
07/02/2007, 11:12 PM
im loving this-seeing the ole ole heads and the premiership fans squirming

GavinZac
07/02/2007, 11:13 PM

thats some queer logic, supporting one british club but not another :confused:

RĂ©iteoir
07/02/2007, 11:13 PM

So that'll be just Celtic in a couple of weeks then

Fingal hoop
07/02/2007, 11:14 PM
supporting a club that represents the Irish diaspora in scotland over following teams that have no links

GavinZac
07/02/2007, 11:15 PM
supporting a club that represents the Irish diaspora in scotland over following teams that have no links

ah, i didnt realise northsiderkid was part of the irish diaspora in scotland. i thought he was just part of the target market being squeezed!

Fingal hoop
07/02/2007, 11:17 PM
he supports an Irish team & has an affinity for one that represents the diaspora-whats your problem with that??

James Connolly was part of the Irish diaspora in Scotland & Irish people welcomed his actions

GavinZac
07/02/2007, 11:20 PM
he supports an Irish team & has an affinity for one that represents the diaspora-whats your problem with that??
because im guessing his "support" for an irish team extends to having seen them play deportivo on telly once. any fan of irish football can not condone the rubbish that merrion square has been foisting upon football in ireland

Fingal hoop
07/02/2007, 11:26 PM
stop guessing and base your arguments on stuff you know as being true

im guessing that your a **** but i could be wrong so i wont call u one

macdermesser
08/02/2007, 7:34 AM
Lads getting sidetracked .. ignore the troll.

Lets set a date and time. If 200,000 can turn up to celebrate the team coming home why can't a sizeable number of people turn up and make a peaceful protest. I'm sort of guessing people don't do protests anymore,.. all doped up on TV and ipods, but you never know.

honeymonster
08/02/2007, 7:47 AM
Stop squabling lads and get on with it.

We should protest tonight 7pm.....!!

Ozymandias
08/02/2007, 11:15 AM
i'll be there

Ozymandias
08/02/2007, 11:16 AM
but the fai won't

NY Hoop
08/02/2007, 11:53 AM
im loving this-seeing the ole ole heads and the premiership fans squirming

Absolutely!

Protest? What a laugh. Just like those muppets who protested outside Merrion Square at the last World Cup:eek:

KOH

onenilgameover
08/02/2007, 1:36 PM
these cowards need to be smoked out....

Jamjar
08/02/2007, 2:11 PM

Should be supporting Hibernians then....seeing as though they were the first 'Irish' team in Scotland.

Peadar
08/02/2007, 2:16 PM
Any protest should happen at Ireland's last training session, before the Wales game. The players need to know how strongly we feel about all of this. The FAI couldn't give a monkeys, so there's no point protesting to them.

pete
08/02/2007, 2:44 PM
Has Alan Hunter been on RTE today yet?

:eek:

eirebhoy
08/02/2007, 2:51 PM
I walked by Merrion square on my way home and it's quieter than I've ever seen it tbh. No protests gonna happen any time soon. :)

onenilgameover
08/02/2007, 2:56 PM
Nope...people like to talk...but people dont like to do....plus its raining...

GK for the Town
08/02/2007, 3:10 PM
Any protest should happen at Ireland's last training session, before the Wales game. The players need to know how strongly we feel about all of this. The FAI couldn't give a monkeys, so there's no point protesting to them.

I see where your coming from about letting the players know how much they are letting the supporters down but it could cause i bit of disruption so close to what will be a massive game. At the end of it all, it is imperative we win our next match !!:ball:

galwayhoop
08/02/2007, 3:50 PM
What are we to protest? A win? :eek:

one of the lads i was with watching the game yesterday shouted 'Sh1t' when Ireland scored the winner, i turned to him and said 'come on we would of been a laughing stock if we drew with them' to which he said 'that goal means we have to put up with stan as da gaffer and delaney for at least another year' to which i replied 'surely people won't be that stupid to think 3 points won like that is good enough?'. i thought that it was actually a win-win situation - we got the points and stan's position would be unteniable.

unfortunately i was wrong. maybe i should not of been cheering on the boys after all. :rolleyes:

GavinZac
08/02/2007, 4:53 PM

"you're not fit to wear the green..."

antrimgreen
09/02/2007, 9:09 AM
In reply to GavinZac and his protest idea.......

Yeah really demoralise them before this historic game, i don't think so, they know the were pathetic and will have to up their game 100%, my big problem is the mangement and his spin on a crap performance, i would have respect for him if he had of came out after the match and said, that was unacceptable performace by the players and we will be working on some serious issues to put it right for the next big game, but no we all know what he said. Bullsh1t.

Dr. Ogba
09/02/2007, 12:51 PM
In reply to GavinZac and his protest idea.......

Yeah really demoralise them before this historic game, i don't think so, they know the were pathetic and will have to up their game 100%,

Like they did after the Cyprus debacle? Didn't take long for them to sink back to their natural level...a lot of those players need a major wake-up call...

pete
09/02/2007, 3:49 PM
Remember to bring this...

OwlsFan
09/02/2007, 4:04 PM
i'll be there

I'll keep an eye out for you as I drop in my ticket applications for the Wales and Slovakia games :p