PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Magicme
07/02/2007, 12:23 PM
I just slammed a swinging door on 2 of my fingers in work & they r swollen & bruised wit a bit of blood. In pain & typing with one hand.

anyone else pick up an injury today?

sorry this thread reflects my boredom with life at the mo.

wws
07/02/2007, 1:07 PM
did you break an ankle before?!?!?

Peadar
07/02/2007, 2:18 PM
I was wearing earphones this morning, while I was listening to a presentation. I discovered that if I rub my shoes against the carpet and then lift my feet off the ground (while sitting) that there was a crackling sound in the earphones.
Out of boredom, I decided to see how much static I could build up and was furiously running my feet back & forth on the carpet when I got too much momentum going and kicked a bar that runs under my desk.
My lower shin looks like I just met Graham Kavanagh in the park. :(

Jerry The Saint
07/02/2007, 2:50 PM
I was wearing earphones this morning, while I was listening to a presentation. I discovered that if I rub my shoes against the carpet and then lift my feet off the ground (while sitting) that there was a crackling sound in the earphones.
Out of boredom, I decided to see how much static I could build up and was furiously running my feet back & forth on the carpet when I got too much momentum going and kicked a bar that runs under my desk.

Yeah, I think we've all had to sit through presentations like that :(

RonnieB
07/02/2007, 4:05 PM
I hurt myself playing darts once.....

carrickharp
08/02/2007, 7:16 AM
Hurt my eyes and ears watching/listening to TV3 last night....

Magicme
08/02/2007, 8:08 AM
Yeah WWS and the frosty weather is making the metal in my ankle zing which is a real pain!

Fingers are better now!

Oh Peadar u mad git!

pete
08/02/2007, 10:18 AM
Clearing out some junk at work & got a cardboard cut. Paper cuts are for women. :p

Magicme
08/02/2007, 10:26 AM
Clearing out some junk at work & got a cardboard cut. Paper cuts are for women. :p

*puts a hex on ya so u get loadsa paper cuts*

Lim till i die
08/02/2007, 10:49 AM
Broke my arm in five places as a young lad in goals

Suppose it serves me right for looking up to David James at the time :)

Magicme
08/02/2007, 11:01 AM
I love David James.

Peadar
08/02/2007, 11:13 AM
I love David James.

We'd love to hear the story of how you injured your head? :p

Lim till i die
08/02/2007, 11:16 AM
I love David James.

Ya well copying his signature "moves" will lead to a 5 inch scar on your arm ;) :)

Magicme
08/02/2007, 11:25 AM
Ya well copying his signature "moves" will lead to a 5 inch scar on your arm ;) :)

I love scars.......

Oh and the head injury....well was riding my pony once and he threw me and I wasnt wearing the right head gear (wanted to wear my lovely white crocheted hat instead u see) and my pony (Cassie was her name) stood on my face compounding the head injury. It was either that incident or falling off a half barn door onto cement, or falling off a swing, or falling against a concrete wall & splitting my head open....yah...was v accident prone!

Lim till i die
08/02/2007, 11:34 AM
I love scars.......

Altho it is quite a cool scar overall I must say it wasn't worth it :)

Magicme
08/02/2007, 11:40 AM
I know what u mean.....now if it was on you leg I would like it even more!

Raheny Red
08/02/2007, 2:51 PM
I just slammed a swinging door on 2 of my fingers in work & they r swollen & bruised wit a bit of blood. In pain & typing with one hand.

I closed a door behind me one time whilst my index finger was still on the door-frame. I lost the top of my finger, about half and inch - it grew back. It has never been the same since and my nail doesn't grow.

Worst injury I ever sustained was up at Sportslink whilst climbing a goal post. I slipped and ripped my leg open on a hook used for the nets. I never seen my mother run so quick, she had to run 3 Gaelic pitches to get to the reception. In fact it was the same day as the American Football in Croker!

Jamjar
08/02/2007, 3:03 PM

We used to do this in school. You could give a great shock of static to the person sitting beside you, especially if you used those metal clips for holding your technical drawing paper down. You could actually see the spark. Oh those were the days.

osarusan
08/02/2007, 3:28 PM
When I was about 4, I was playing "circus" with my brother. I fell off his shoulders and landed on my head on an upturned plug. The prongs actually lodged in my head (not skull, just skin) and I had to go to hospital to have it removed. The doctor was Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi and I spent the whole time screaming to my mum "dont let the brown man near me"!!!!!!!!!!

BohsPartisan
09/02/2007, 7:46 AM
When I was about 4, I was playing "circus" with my brother. I fell off his shoulders and landed on my head on an upturned plug.

I'm sure It was very painful but I can't stop laughing at this image. :D

Magicme
09/02/2007, 7:30 PM
from this day forth you will be known as plug.

dfx-
10/02/2007, 12:43 AM
Oh and the head injury....well was riding my pony once and he threw me and I wasnt wearing the right head gear (wanted to wear my lovely white crocheted hat instead u see) and my pony (Cassie was her name) stood on my face compounding the head injury. It was either that incident or falling off a half barn door onto cement, or falling off a swing, or falling against a concrete wall & splitting my head open....yah...was v accident prone!

Apologies Magicme whilst I go outside for a minute.....

:D :D :D

Magicme
12/02/2007, 11:50 AM
Apologies Magicme whilst I go outside for a minute.....

:D :D :D

Git!

Talking of Ouch....one of my colleagues has met with an accident this morning. She was getting out of her car and had her hand on the door to close it when a lorry came around the corner and crashed into her door slamming it on her fingers. Poor woman collapsed thro shock & blood lose & even tho we are just a few hundred meters from Monaghan hospital, coz the gardai called an ambulance, she was taken to Cavan. Feckin ridiculous. She is lucky it didnt sever her fingers but looks like they are broken.

dcfc1985
12/02/2007, 12:39 PM
Broke my arm in five places as a young lad

Bet you wont be going back to those 5 places again LTID! :D ;)