PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night

Sean Drog
08/12/2002, 6:08 PM
A few lads were very disappointed after the match that we didn't go more for the win, during the match it was clear to most people that we were there to contain Longford, Lavine was man marked for most of the match but this didn't allow us to play our own game.

Now most people would have settled for a draw after seeing our away form this season and let's be fair, that's two away games where we haven't gone away empty handed. If we can keep winning at home and avoid defeat away, then we will be safe and that's all that's important at this stage.

At this point I want to make a few points about the Longford supporters.

1. Have they ever watched football before because they were yelping like a pack of wild dogs at any decision the ref made, if they had a shot which hit the cornor flag they yelped as if it hit the cross bar, they seemed completey clueless about the rules of soccer.
2. They spent more time acting like cowards trying to shout any Drogheda person down while hiding among their mates, when I personally tackled one of these hecklers he didn't have the courage to repeat his comments to my face, pure cowards, it felt like a GAA match. I have never been in the company of so many hicks in my life, they should be embarrassed to open their mouths at a match.

3. One lad in the stand was having a fit if Harry McCue stepped out of his area - in all fairness there's no need to act like that and the abuse the Longford scum roared at Harry at any opportunity they had as a disgrace. Rovers supporters wouldn't act like it. Like I said hicks pure GAA loving hicks. My belief in this was cemented when one of them almost had a heart attack as he roared how much of a "tramp" Harry was - a "tramp" how Bogger can you get.

I think the Drogs have a new enemy.

We hate you Bogford we do, we hate you bogford we do, we hate you bogford we do, oh bogford we hate you.....

To all the Bogtonians out there, I hope you got home alright on your tractors after the match, ye backward morans - please for the sake of our league go back to your GAA sports where your bogger standards are accepted.

Finally, I was reading how Bogford are upset at not getting one of these special government status fundings, well I'm not surprised after seeing the size of their village, it was humourous to hear them shout come on the "Town" more like come on the "village".

Oh Bogford we hate you...

Macy
09/12/2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Sean Drog
A few lads were very disappointed after the match that we didn't go more for the win, during the match it was clear to most people that we were there to contain Longford, Lavine was man marked for most of the match but this didn't allow us to play our own game.

Now most people would have settled for a draw after seeing our away form this season and let's be fair, that's two away games where we haven't gone away empty handed. If we can keep winning at home and avoid defeat away, then we will be safe and that's all that's important at this stage.
The most boring team to come to Flancare all season..... Mogadon United rather than Dwogheda United.....

1. Have they ever watched football before because they were yelping like a pack of wild dogs at any decision the ref made, if they had a shot which hit the cornor flag they yelped as if it hit the cross bar, they seemed completey clueless about the rules of soccer.
Whats "soccer" - Don't know about you but I was watching football.....

2. They spent more time acting like cowards trying to shout any Drogheda person down while hiding among their mates, when I personally tackled one of these hecklers he didn't have the courage to repeat his comments to my face, pure cowards, it felt like a GAA match. I have never been in the company of so many hicks in my life, they should be embarrassed to open their mouths at a match.
FFS grow up.... you mean they were actually shouting you down?? Jesus that must have been a shock, being shouted down by opposing fans....

3. One lad in the stand was having a fit if Harry McCue stepped out of his area - in all fairness there's no need to act like that and the abuse the Longford scum roared at Harry at any opportunity they had as a disgrace. Rovers supporters wouldn't act like it. Like I said hicks pure GAA loving hicks. My belief in this was cemented when one of them almost had a heart attack as he roared how much of a "tramp" Harry was - a "tramp" how Bogger can you get.
Rovers supporters throw bottles, golf balls, beer cans etc on the pitch, Town fans gave a bit of sh!t to a manager who consistently goes on to the field of play and seems to get away with. Again grow up and get some perspective.

I think the Drogs have a new enemy.

We hate you Bogford we do, we hate you bogford we do, we hate you bogford we do, oh bogford we hate you.....

To all the Bogtonians out there, I hope you got home alright on your tractors after the match, ye backward morans - please for the sake of our league go back to your GAA sports where your bogger standards are accepted.

Finally, I was reading how Bogford are upset at not getting one of these special government status fundings, well I'm not surprised after seeing the size of their village, it was humourous to hear them shout come on the "Town" more like come on the "village".
Yawn :rolleyes:

Sean Drog
09/12/2002, 10:37 AM
Try to brush it all off, excuse after excuse. I've been to every ground this season the Premier and I have never witnessed the carry on of the Bogford supporters, you can try and ignore it or try to address it. Its your club thats getting dragged down, your stewards have set the standard and now your supporters are following them.

But hey you just keep on being a funny man.

Macy
09/12/2002, 10:47 AM
I think I made some fair points there...... I'll state for a start that I never go to the stand.....

A couple of questions....
1) Would you not agree that saying that we are worse than Rovers Fans is going over the top? Compared to what they have done in the past and over the last few weeks I think that is ridiculous....

2) So you were getting shouted down? What exactly is so wrong with that? You didn't like it, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.....

3) Would you not agree that McCue has brought the abuse on himself with his behaviour? He is way over the top, and if he doesn't calm down the only one that's gonna have a heartattack will be him. No doubt that's why youse love him so much, but that doesn't mean we have to.

4) You launched into a tirade of abuse against Longford very similar to what Drogrough got extremly upset about pre-match on the Town mb.... Double standards?

Drogrough
09/12/2002, 11:17 AM
Macy, my friend, I offer you a sincere and humble apology. I know you were born and raised in Manchester, I know that you support the Red Hun, I know that you live in Longford.. But, when I discovered that along with all that you are also an accounts assistant, I felt suitable shame at having mock one so afflicted. You carry a cross too much for most mortals to bear.

Yours sincerely

A truly contrite Drogrough

:(

Macy
09/12/2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Drogrough
Macy, my friend, I offer you a sincere and humble apology. I know you were born and raised in Manchester, I know that you support the Red Hun, I know that you live in Longford.. But, when I discovered that along with all that you are also an accounts assistant, I felt suitable shame at having mock one so afflicted. You carry a cross too much for most mortals to bear.
Do you have to personalise everything? :confused:

Drogrough
09/12/2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Do you have to personalise everything? :confused:

Bolton inbred :confused:

Sean Drog
09/12/2002, 11:34 AM
I think I made some fair points there...... I'll state for a start that I never go to the stand.....

A couple of questions....
1) Would you not agree that saying that we are worse than Rovers Fans is going over the top? Compared to what they have done in the past and over the last few weeks I think that is ridiculous....

Ok maybe I overstated things here, I concede this point, but I have to make it clear that in my experience it was the worst I've seen from el supporters - I've never had trouble with Rovers but I have heard of incidents with them so OK you're not as bad as them.

2) So you were getting shouted down? What exactly is so wrong with that? You didn't like it, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.....

Macy it wasn't being shouted down, it was being bullied with the threat of violence, big difference.

3) Would you not agree that McCue has brought the abuse on himself with his behaviour? He is way over the top, and if he doesn't calm down the only one that's gonna have a heartattack will be him. No doubt that's why youse love him so much, but that doesn't mean we have to.

Harry was shouting at his own players for the most part, he wandered out of the box a few times to receive a tirade of abuse, the abuse through at him was unacceptable, you'd think he killed someone. He wasn't half as excited as some of the Longford supporters. I couldn't believe the reactions of some of them, they spent more time concentrating on him than on the game ????

4) You launched into a tirade of abuse against Longford very similar to what Drogrough got extremly upset about pre-match on the Town mb.... Double standards?

I can take a mb slagging match (can't speak for Droghrough) so no double standards on my part, the diference between that and the "shouting down" in Longford is that I didn't invite anyone into the carpark for a fight.

Now Macy I have answered you questions, here's one for you, do you think that some of the Longford supporters werte out of line on Saturday night?

DruggyDrog
09/12/2002, 11:59 AM
Firstly, I agree with Sean Drog on most of his points. I was shocked, and disgusted, at the carry on of a number (certainly not a majority) of the Longford fans. Apparently we are not the first set of supporters to witness this, and while we may be no angels ourselves, Longford Town is definitely getting an unwanted reputation amongst the fans of other EL clubs.

I disagree, however, with his insinuation that this resembles the supporters of GAA. I have never heard or seen anything like what went on on Saturday at a GAA game. I don't care if someone doesn't like GAA, or have any time for GAA, but most sports fans in the country do, and the allegations against GAA supporters are, in effect, against most people who attend even our home games!

Also, Macy, while it is only natural to defend your club, you can't do a Ferguson or a Wenger and pretend you didn't see it or that it didn't happen. If its wrong then its wrong. We have been the first to voice our displeasure when unsavoury events surround elements of our own support, maybe you should do the same

Sean Drog
09/12/2002, 12:06 PM
I shouldn't brush the GAA supporters with the same brush, to be honest I don't go to many GAA games and always pictured their supporters as mad farmers losing the heads which resembled the Longford supporters but I suppose I should attack the GAA without actually having any evidence unlike the Longford which I actually have sampled first hand.

DruggyDrog
09/12/2002, 12:15 PM
Maybe its just Longford GAA supporters too!!!!:D

fosterdollar
09/12/2002, 12:17 PM
Bolton inbred :confused:

Inbred??? WTF is the story with everyone having Drog in their name? u all cousins or what? Just as boring as ur football that.
By the way, you all smack of sour grapes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sean Drog
09/12/2002, 12:22 PM
of a Longford supporter trying to ignore the facts.

Why would we have sour grapes - we won a point and you lost 2 points (lets be honest you should have won hitting the post and bar) but you didn't. So no sour grapes just anger that the Longford seem uninterested in addressing the nasty element in the ground.

DruggyDrog
09/12/2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Magoo
WTF is the story with everyone having Drog in their name? .:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cos we are Drogs, and we are proud. Our primary function, both in here and at grounds all around the country, is to support our team. I suppose we could just go and abuse all the other teams, but that has been copyrighted by another set of "supporters"!

Macy
09/12/2002, 1:27 PM
Now Macy I have answered you questions, here's one for you, do you think that some of the Longford supporters werte out of line on Saturday night?

From what you are saying, yes they were, but I'd rather here the other side first..... All your complaints are about fans in the stand - I was in Section O, so how could I have witnessed anything? I'm not ignoring it - I wasn't anywhere near that part of the ground - what more can I say? It's dangerous to make judgements on incidents you didn't see and that you haven't heard both sides of the story.....

I still think that you are going over the top about much of what happened - shouting down, swearing, giving grief to opposition managers who are going on the pitch (which he did on several occasions) isn't the big deal that you made it out to be, and certainly not enough to call us worse than Rovers (which you still haven't taken back)......

Offering people to step outside is obviously out of order, and I won't defend that.....

btw This is the first complaint against Longford Fans rather than the stewards....

Macy
09/12/2002, 1:29 PM
Bolton inbred
That was football, there is no need to bring in my profile from the site.... And I tried to drop that sh!t last week if you remember.....

Drogrough
09/12/2002, 1:56 PM
That was football, there is no need to bring in my profile from the site.... And I tried to drop that sh!t last week if you remember.....

Macy, I’m sorry but the fact is your “profile” is in the public domain and, therefore, is accessible to anyone on this mb. If you don’t want people to know your personal details then don’t publish them.

As for Saturday, I think a little perspective is called for from both sides. What happened, or didn’t happen, in Longford pales into insignificance when you consider the death of a 17 year old Forest fan in Burnley on the same day.

Macy
09/12/2002, 2:03 PM
Macy, I’m sorry but the fact is your “profile” is in the public domain and, therefore, is accessible to anyone on this mb. If you don’t want people to know your personal details then don’t publish them.
Missing the point, it's not that I don't want people to see them, more I don't see the need for them to be used to slate me..... It's going very much off topic, and is resorting to a very low level IMO, that you have to resort to that level..... There's enough football wise without bringing my personal history into it.....

As for Saturday, I think a little perspective is called for from both sides. What happened, or didn’t happen, in Longford pales into insignificance when you consider the death of a 17 year old Forest fan in Burnley on the same day.

I agree totally.

Drogrough
09/12/2002, 2:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Macy
[B]Missing the point, it's not that I don't want people to see them, more I don't see the need for them to be used to slate me..... It's going very much off topic, and is resorting to a very low level IMO, that you have to resort to that level..... There's enough football wise without bringing my personal history into it.....

Around these here parts it’s called a joke, a bit of a laugh, a leg-pull. Is it because it’s Monday, or are you always this pompous :confused:

Macy
09/12/2002, 2:17 PM
Around these here parts it’s called a joke, a bit of a laugh, a leg-pull. Is it because it’s Monday, or are you always this pompous

Probably because it's monday, but still not very impressed.... And tbh after us fookin up against youse on Saturday (we should've won easily), and all the "bogford" sh!te that Sean's coming out with not particularly in a very good mood....

Drogrough
09/12/2002, 2:35 PM
Fair enough, and I owe you an apology. WHAT I should've said was: You're goin' down with the Seagulls :D