PDA

View Full Version : an address for the club

mouldymurphy
08/12/2002, 4:19 PM
for anyone who was at the game i was the one with the fog hrn .i am sick of the security out there now when something happens they do nothing and when they do something its stupid. first making the lads take down the banner and then the fog horn.
i am looking for an address for brian or the club to complain about the idiots out there

SÓC
08/12/2002, 5:55 PM
corkcityfootballclub@eircom.net

Cork City FC,
Turners Cross Stadium,
Turners Cross,
Cork

Tel/fax: 021-4321958

Gone Away
09/12/2002, 12:21 PM
That was disgraceful alright and the person who is behind it all really should mind her business. The woman thinks she can do as she pleases in regard to CCFC. She told the stewards to tell anyone with a Murphy Out flag that it had to be taken down. Foolish woman.

Also, Zero marks to the other FOOLS in the Shed who were trying to block the Murphy Out flag. Im talking about you CCFCCHILD.

If the lads want to have a banner, let them, Im sure they wouldnt block your "Murphy is my dad banner". Although, i would personally love to do something with that Cameroon?Turkey flag. Something sideways up an orifice perhaps!

Casegrande
09/12/2002, 12:49 PM
We need small minded people like Noelle out of the club (or at least kept out of the way). I'm sure Lennox realises this and the days are numbered for people like Noelle, Jim Murphy, Liam Murphy, Patsy Freyne, Deccie Daly...

NorthoftheLee
09/12/2002, 1:28 PM
Have to agree with Gone Away.

The fool of a steward tellin the lads to take down their banner was a disgrace. Freedom of Speech, the fans pay for everyone at the clubs wages and they should remember that.

Agree or Disagree with the banner contents the lads trying to stop them was bang out of order...

Noelle should take a look across the waters and see the type of abuse some managers get, and realise that the ones againts Murphy are completely peaceful and dignified. Again the narrow small mindedness of some of the club officials..

As for the stewards... with only 1500 there they still couldnt stop the kids running on to the pitch...and that was with the help of the guards...

anyone think that a kids enclosure in the shed wouldnt be a bad idea....all the little waas in the top right hand corner can then mess away to the hearts content...A little mesh pen should do the trick..

Colm
09/12/2002, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
for anyone who was at the game i was the one with the fog hrn .i am sick of the security out there now when something happens they do nothing and when they do something its stupid. first making the lads take down the banner and then the fog horn.
i am looking for an address for brian or the club to complain about the idiots out there I am normally the first to critisise the stewards and fair enough the guy who tried to take the air horn was over reacting a bit. Honestly though, I think that writing a letter to the club about it is going to do more harm than good. Lennox has stepped up security in the shed big time after what happened at the Longford game. If the club gets the impression that the security is not wanted there they will take them away and we will be back at square one with a load of little scum running wild.

As for the guy who asked for the banner to be taken down, he was just doing what he was told. He admitted he was under orders from Noelle. She should stick to selling jerseys and blessing the players and keep her nose out of stuff that has nothing to do with her.

pete
09/12/2002, 3:38 PM
Anyone want to supply any more info on the censorship at the cross?

Am I to believe the club are instructing stewards to confiscate banners with just "Murphy Out " on them????

Jeez we've heard personal, racist & sectarian abuse for years at the cross & when someone holds up a banner that the club do not agree with they are forced to take it down???

If someopne was being abusive I couldn't disagree with them being warned about expulsion but being forced put away a non-abusive banner is ridiculous!!

:rolleyes:

mouldymurphy
09/12/2002, 3:49 PM
im not saying there not wanted but the steward that wanted to take the fog horn could have staretd a lot more.take for example if it was a friday game and the way a few people turn up after the pub something nasty could have happened .
i just want to either ring or write to him saying this and tell him the fact that i dont like being treathened with a lifetime ban for making a bit of noise supporting the team:mad: :mad:

mouldymurphy
09/12/2002, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone want to supply any more info on the censorship at the cross?

Am I to believe the club are instructing stewards to confiscate banners with just "Murphy Out " on them????

as far as i know the lads put up the banner and the stewards tokd them take it down and said his been told to tell them to keep it down

as regards me i had a air horn with me as i do at almost all games this season and when i let rip after the first goal i was ordered to put it away.when i asked why i was told "im only doing my job "after the second goal i took it out and the steward that has no bright jacket came up to me and asked me for the gas can i said no why and he told me that he wants the can ,when i refused he said "ill ask ya once more and if you refuse i wil make sure you are thrown out and will never get back in again" i told him i wasnt giving it to him as it says nothing in the clubs code of conduct about air horns and he walked away

mouldymurphy
09/12/2002, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
corkcityfootballclub@eircom.net

Cork City FC,
Turners Cross Stadium,
Turners Cross,
Cork

Tel/fax: 021-4321958
thought it could be that except i said that would be too obvious for eircom league

Éanna
09/12/2002, 5:51 PM
It is totally unacceptable for anyone involved with the club to seek to deny freedom of speech to the fans. we are paying customers and have the right to make a complaint if we are dissatisfied. I am not angry with Noelle for this, I´m disappointed in her. I know she probably believes she´s doing it for the good of the club or whatever, but she is bang out of order on this one. As someone pointed out, it´s a dignified peaceful protest- compare it to what happens in other clubs: look at the abuse pete mahon and his family got at Bohs! Brian Lennox should have a word before someone decides to try another approach- we are entitled to our say.

My suggestion is that more posters with Murphy Out are printed and distributed, the banner is brought in again (and another one made if possible) and that we reaffirm our right to protest in a peaceful manner- at all costs we must avoid lowering ourselves to the level of the people who support murphy by trying to silence his critics.