PDA

View Full Version : FAI Awards

eirebhoy
05/02/2007, 11:35 AM
Suprised nobody opened a thread on this.

Senior International Player: Shay Given - Newcastle United FC

Young International Player: Kevin Doyle – Reading FC

Under 21 International Player: Kevin Foley – Luton Town FC

Under-19 International Player: John Paul Kelly - Bohemian FC

Under-17 International Player: Terry Dixon – Tottenham Hotspur FC

Under-16 International Player: James O’Brien – Birmingham City FC

eircom International Goal of the Year: Kevin Kilbane – v Czech Republic ECQ 11.10.06 (H)

greendeiseboy
05/02/2007, 11:47 AM
terry dixon under 17 award - definitely a case of staying on the right side, given that he's been injured the last while

Paddy Garcia
05/02/2007, 12:11 PM
I suspect it is more related to his achievements as leading goalscorer for Ireland U17's.

BrayUnknowns
05/02/2007, 12:17 PM
eircom International Goal of the Year: Kevin Kilbane – v Czech Republic ECQ 11.10.06 (H)

Worst decision of ALL TIME !

eirebhoy
05/02/2007, 12:19 PM
It's not a vote for most beautiful goal of the year though. Obviously that's part of the criteria but importance is probably a bigger factor.

pete
05/02/2007, 12:25 PM
Worst decision of ALL TIME !

Worse selection of goals ever. Other choices being meaningless foal in friendly or one aganist San Marino... :eek:

Paddy Garcia
05/02/2007, 12:31 PM
Mind you there is not much to pick from! Reflects a poor year all told.

They should have selected one from the underage teams.

Kingdom
05/02/2007, 12:33 PM
Mind you there is not much to pick from! Reflects a poor year all told.

They should have selected one from the underage teams.

Yeah but they'd probably have to have a video or highlight of that wouldn't they? :D

BrayUnknowns
05/02/2007, 1:09 PM
It's not a vote for most beautiful goal of the year though. Obviously that's part of the criteria but importance is probably a bigger factor.

It's goal Goal of the year, not most important goal of the year. From the 3 picked, Kilbane's was not the best.

Wolfie
05/02/2007, 1:17 PM
It's goal Goal of the year, not most important goal of the year. From the 3 picked, Kilbane's was not the best.

Yeah, this was debated on a previous thread. Its all down to the interpretation.

Usually, these Goal of the Year competitions simply look for the best quality goal. Full stop.

Kilbane's goal obviously got the vote due to importance / significance.

From a quality / technique etc perspective - Millers goal would be the best goal.

I voted for Kilbane on the Goal of the Year thread here as I thought we were a more discerning lot!!!!!!

FootballsKing
05/02/2007, 2:31 PM
Can someone please explain how that talent wasting muppet John Paul Kelly got selected above Anto Stokes for under-19 player of the year?

pete
05/02/2007, 2:43 PM
Can someone please explain how that talent wasting muppet John Paul Kelly got selected above Anto Stokes for under-19 player of the year?

How many games have they both played for the U-19s?

Most publicity surrounding Stokes has been at club football whereas I believe JP Kelly was the U19s captain?

:confused:

eirebhoy
05/02/2007, 2:50 PM
It also seems to be based on last seasons group of players as Kelly or Stokes wasn't involved in the October qualifiers. Rooney got 5 goals in 3 games and wasn't nominated. Dixon wasn't involved in the U17 qualifiers because of injury.

Dublin12
06/02/2007, 10:38 AM
Who was that p1ss head that was singing at the end,what was that all about

eirebhoy
06/02/2007, 10:51 AM
I saw him on the Late Late show a few weeks ago too. Very strange.:confused: