PDA

View Full Version : Transition

gilberto_eire
04/02/2007, 7:50 PM
i think the transition is come along well from foot, thing is though have we left anyone behind who might'nt be aware of the new forum?. my guess is yes so we should try get them over too

GalwayFrancis
04/02/2007, 8:05 PM
i think the transition is come along well from foot, thing is though have we left anyone behind who might'nt be aware of the new forum?. my guess is yes so we should try get them over too

for anyone out there who doesn't know what gilberto is talking about. the majority of the united fans have moved to a new home

EDIT: ya good thinking gilberto!

gilberto_eire
04/02/2007, 10:30 PM
ya see i wasnt sure should i say the name in case we didnt want the few negative posters from other clubs following us!!

Mr A
04/02/2007, 10:37 PM
Was that a hint? :)

Olander
04/02/2007, 10:59 PM
Was that a hint? :)
nono

other fans are welcomed on just not eijits :p :)

pixiehead
05/02/2007, 12:11 PM
Do i Get an Invite :( Pretty Please :)

GalwayFrancis
05/02/2007, 3:06 PM
anyone wanted to know the new address, PM me

gufct
05/02/2007, 3:09 PM
I find here more interesting even if you get some crazies ranting and raving.

Terry
05/02/2007, 5:07 PM
I find here more interesting even if you get some crazies ranting and raving.

I agree

corbyeire
05/02/2007, 5:22 PM
true - wont be leaving this place - other spot can be a bit too much of a love in!

GuisaSaigon
05/02/2007, 5:25 PM
I dont think the popularity of the new forum means we all have to stop posting here. Foot.ie is great craic especially when the season starts up or when some news is breaking.It's good to have our own separate forum but without foot.ie I'd miss all of those great Limerick and UCD fans :D

gilberto_eire
05/02/2007, 6:00 PM
just i dont seem to see most posting going on here since the ''switch''. i prefer the layout and stuff like that more on here tbh

Terry
05/02/2007, 6:24 PM
Have been trying to log in the other site for the past 10 -15 minutes and cannot. This seems to happen 9 times out of 10 and is really starting to **** me off at this stage!!!!

GUISAUltra
05/02/2007, 6:33 PM
ya that was happening me a lot at the start as well but i usually just close the page and re-open it and then it works properly

GalwayFrancis
05/02/2007, 6:56 PM
ya that was happening me a lot at the start as well but i usually just close the page and re-open it and then it works properly

ya, me too, kept login me out. but it sound now. step in the right direction for sure

JC_GUFC
05/02/2007, 7:07 PM
anyone wanted to know the new address, PM me

Why don't you just PM everyone who posts on here?!

It's not as if no-one will be able to find the new forum anyway so why not just post it up here?!

Olander
05/02/2007, 8:22 PM
JC and all gufc fans theres a link to the forum in the links area on foot.ie.

Paddyfield
05/02/2007, 10:01 PM
We should put stuff up on foot.ie that we don't mind sharing with the world and put stuff up on the other site when we have somthing to hide!

GalwayFrancis
05/02/2007, 10:31 PM
Why don't you just PM everyone who posts on here?!
because theres ppl who view here but dont post, and it would take ages. Pm me and ill let you know what the address is.

We should put stuff up on foot.ie that we don't mind sharing with the world and put stuff up on the other site when we have somthing to hide!
or we could just all move to the new home. over there, we have alot more freedom in our posts and more options in our posts too.

MyTown
06/02/2007, 9:27 AM
TBH I think Foot.ie meets my needs fine.

I've been subjected to some awful stuff from supporters of other clubs and from some of my fellow supporters - but hey - that's part of the package - it's a football forum - & a fairly healthy way of getting football frustrations out in the open, as long as it doesn't get too offensive or personal.

The EL community is actually small enough as it is.

sligoman
06/02/2007, 9:42 AM
Is this the forum that Vinny, the guy that´s banned from here now, set up?

gufct
06/02/2007, 10:07 AM
yes same one its set up for a while.Bit more traffic lately but nothing earth shattering.

galwaygirl
07/02/2007, 8:29 AM
yes same one its set up for a while.Bit more traffic lately but nothing earth shattering.
As far as i know it's only been set up since around the 20th Jan. Granted every1 comes on here 2 get all kinds of news (myself included & i always will be on foot.ie), but it is nice to have our own forum as well. no one said it was goin to be earth shattering

Terry
07/02/2007, 8:47 AM
we have alot more freedom in our posts and more options in our posts too.

I disagree, I was playing a bit of a WUM with one of the mods there and when I went back and checked out what kind of reaction I got I found that I was banned from viewing the forum again !!!! Petty really !!!!!:rolleyes:

GUISAUltra
07/02/2007, 3:51 PM

thers 10 times as many united fans using the other site as there is foot.ie nearly every day and its great to chat with other united fans without having muppets annoying your head. that is the good thing about it, that its all united fans.

foot.ie is very good during the season and its great for chatting with opposition fans about upcoming games and letting them know where we will be going pre-match etc...
thats the good thing about foot.ie.

i think between the two we have everything covered and would encourage people to use both

damoGUFC
07/02/2007, 4:04 PM
i think between the two we have everything covered and would encourage people to use both

I totally agree with you there, people might perfer the other site better but most GUFC fans use both!

Terry
15/02/2007, 11:06 AM
The other sites seems to be gone? every time I try and log in there its says the website is either closed down or doesnt exist????

Patrick Dunne
15/02/2007, 12:00 PM
Seems to be working at present.

At some posters have said, there is plenty of scope to keep both fora
in common use.

Terry
15/02/2007, 12:11 PM
this is all that comes up for me still anyway:confused:

ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
Oops! Looks like the page you're looking for was moved or never existed.

Patrick Dunne
15/02/2007, 12:12 PM
The anti-clubhouser device is still working.

Terry, you must have had the incorrect microchip implanted behind your
ear at our last meeting :eek:

A Phoenix
15/02/2007, 1:14 PM
I'm getting the same as Terry

corbyeire
15/02/2007, 1:15 PM
The anti-clubhouser device is still working.

Terry, you must have had the incorrect microchip implanted behind your
ear at our last meeting :eek:

brilliant :D :D

Olander
15/02/2007, 3:22 PM
try this link Terry

http://www.galwayunitedfc.net/index.php its been changed

Paddyfield
15/02/2007, 3:49 PM
try this link Terry

http://www.galwayunitedfc.net/index.php its been changed

Nothing working for me ...or Frank Arthur.

Olander
15/02/2007, 3:51 PM
i got it working by removing my bookmark to the site, then just simply going to my internet explorer and typing in www.galwayunitedfc.net, if that didnt work for u then clear your cache.

Trainee
15/02/2007, 5:29 PM
this is all that comes up for me still anyway:confused:

ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
Oops! Looks like the page you're looking for was moved or never existed.

same thing happing to me

Vinny has someone looking at the problem and he said it should be fixed soon

Terry
15/02/2007, 9:44 PM
tried all that lads but still nothing !

PD, I will always be an anti-clubhouser as long as GUISA blood runs through my veins !!!!! :D

Mr A
15/02/2007, 10:03 PM
Did anyone else find it mildly amusing that the other site encountered problems just after the thread 'DEATH of FOOT.IE' or something very like was started?

It made me smile anyway :)

GalwayFrancis
15/02/2007, 10:06 PM
vinny was changing webhosts, so the forum was 'done' for about 15hours. all fixed now, just go to the address above!

Mr A
15/02/2007, 10:12 PM
Still looks broke to me I'm afraid.

gilberto_eire
15/02/2007, 10:21 PM
ive had no problems

GUISAUltra
16/02/2007, 10:23 AM
working perfect again now this morning, it just took awhile to change webhosts

Mr A
16/02/2007, 11:31 AM
I still get Fatal error: Call to undefined function: online_today() in /home/manshu/public_html/galwayunitedfc/sources/lib/func_boardstats.php on line 264 every time I try it. I didn get to the main page a few times but I error out after trying to log in.

galwaygirl
17/02/2007, 12:59 PM
Did anyone else find it mildly amusing that the other site encountered problems just after the thread 'DEATH of FOOT.IE' or something very like was started?

It made me smile anyway :)

Still looks broke to me I'm afraid.

Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that Galway Harps is the only one still havin problems gettin onto the other site :D