PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Ward in goal scoring shock!

JC_GUFC
03/02/2007, 2:37 PM
Just scored for Wolves - waiting for the Ward for Ireland calls now!

pete
03/02/2007, 2:40 PM
He only scored one goal in last years eircom league. Whats does this tell us...?

Buller
03/02/2007, 2:43 PM
It tells us that the championship my not be that much better then our league. not as much as the media and co make it out to be anyway....

sonofstan
03/02/2007, 3:00 PM
It tells us that the championship my not be that much better then our league. not as much as the media and co make it out to be anyway....

It tells us he was playing on the wing for a poor side for most of last season

Buller
03/02/2007, 3:01 PM
ohhh, so kevin doyle and jason byrne were also playing out of position?!

sonofstan
03/02/2007, 3:11 PM
:confused:
ohhh, so kevin doyle and jason byrne were also playing out of position?!

Being dense maybe, but what's your point? Doyle and Byrne were signed from teams that were winning or had won the league here; Wardie from a team that finished 9th - of course they were playing better here before they left.

pete
03/02/2007, 3:22 PM
Daryl Murphy started for Sunderland.
Colin Hawkins started for Coventry.
George O'Callaghan off the bench for Ipswich.

TheBoss
03/02/2007, 8:42 PM
As far as I know, he scored a tap in, so do not expect something spectacular.

BohDiddley
03/02/2007, 9:05 PM
It tells us that we couldn't score if our lives depended on it, because we were doing an imitation of Drogheda, without Drogheda's, er, hoofing quality.
It also tells us that he may be in for a run of games, which will give us more money. :cool:
Good ol' Wardie! Now that he's going to be all famous and that for playing on the mainland, I hope he says some nice things about us. :(

osarusan
04/02/2007, 1:57 AM
He only scored one goal in last years eircom league. Whats does this tell us...?

It tells us UNEQUIVOCALLY that the eircom league is the best football league in the world.

superfrank
04/02/2007, 12:55 PM
As far as I know, he scored a tap in, so do not expect something spectacular.
They all count.

You've got to love his celebration though. The old'fashioned knee slide...all the way off the pitch and he ended landing flat on his face.

joema
04/02/2007, 2:53 PM
WXVDfXZbSn0

finnpark
04/02/2007, 7:12 PM
Seems he played very well creating a lot of chances and almost scoring more:

http://www.wolves.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/MatchReport/0,,10307~34310,00.html?ptvParm=

dcfcsteve
04/02/2007, 7:56 PM
Now that he's going to be all famous and that for playing on the mainland

He's only gone to England BD - not to France or Germany.... :rolleyes:

sonofstan
04/02/2007, 8:09 PM
Hook, line and sinker, I think BD

finnpark
04/02/2007, 8:51 PM
Interesting to see that Miffsud is playing and scoring for Coventry. This guy often played against LOI teams in Europe for Malteese side Birkhara or Valetta. I remember him playing against Shels twice. Poor player. Shows that the big countries leagues are dissapproving in standard. Hawkins is playing well for Coventry while Gray Breen cannot make Sunderland. Playing with Wolves. The gap is closed. The progression of the Eircom League has been incredible.

Paddyfield
04/02/2007, 9:18 PM
It tells us UNEQUIVOCALLY that the eircom league is the best football league in the world.

That's the spirit

LukeO
04/02/2007, 9:22 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again... your inability to spot sarcasm is quite shocking!! :eek: ;)

http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=606529&postcount=13

dcfcsteve
04/02/2007, 9:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... your inability to spot sarcasm is quite shocking!! :eek: ;)

http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=606529&postcount=13

Sorry BD - I only spot quality sarcasm....... :D

ndrog
05/02/2007, 11:25 AM
It tells us that we couldn't score if our lives depended on it, because we were doing an imitation of Drogheda, without Drogheda's, er, hoofing quality.
It also tells us that he may be in for a run of games, which will give us more money. :cool:
Good ol' Wardie! Now that he's going to be all famous and that for playing on the mainland, I hope he says some nice things about us. :(

What have we got to do with this ?

finnpark
05/02/2007, 3:53 PM
McCarthy was delighted with the pair’s performance. He said:

“We’ve not scored enough goals this season, but in Stephen Ward and Andy Keogh we saw two front players who were in a different class. They are a real partnership in the making.”

BohDiddley
05/02/2007, 8:55 PM
What have we got to do with this ?

Sorry, that was completely gratuitous. :p

BohDiddley
05/02/2007, 8:56 PM
Sorry BD - I only spot quality sarcasm....... :D
Yeah. Right. ;)

Tazskool
06/02/2007, 5:42 PM
According to his stats he scored 6 goals last season???

Also it just goes to show he does have better players around him and better supply he will score more .. its the same for any player :)

also add to that Wolves do have one of the top 15 training facilities in the English leagues.. and yes that is factual :)

Soper
06/02/2007, 5:44 PM
They must be good facilities then if they can make a player better in a couple of days:rolleyes:

pete
06/02/2007, 6:19 PM
According to his stats he scored 6 goals last season???

One league goal though.

Soccerbot (http://www.soccerbot.com/frames.htm)

Dodge
06/02/2007, 6:30 PM
Also it just goes to show he does have better players around him and better supply he will score more .. its the same for any player :)

also add to that Wolves do have one of the top 15 training facilities in the English leagues.. and yes that is factual :)

OR

He's up against worse defenders and poorer goalkeeping. If ward can make a career in that league, so can 20 other LOI strikers...

Good luck to him though

Tazskool
17/02/2007, 3:58 PM
Sticks another in the back of the net for Wolves today in the 2-1 win.. looks like he is loving the Fizzy Drinks league alot lol.

BohsPartisan
17/02/2007, 4:01 PM

Bohs training facilities are better than what most English clubs have. We train at DCU's elite facility which is used by Leinster Rugby and the Dubs.

BohDiddley
17/02/2007, 4:30 PM
Delighted for Wardie. Always one of our most effective players until the despair of last season got to him too.