PDA

View Full Version : Bookmakers that take Irish League betting in Dublin.

holidaysong
03/02/2007, 10:58 AM
Anyone know any? I have been unable to get a Paddy Power or Boylesports shop to take bets on the Irish League. They said they don't do the northern league. I don't particularly want to go around the wee backstreet bookies of Dublin trying to convince a dodgy bookie why he should take bets on Linfield (no offence to Linfield fans). Any help would be great. I don't have a credit card so online gambling is useless to me.

DmanDmythDledge
03/02/2007, 12:57 PM
Try Ladbrokes.

Raheny Red
03/02/2007, 6:36 PM
Anyone know any? I have been unable to get a Paddy Power or Boylesports shop to take bets on the Irish League. They said they don't do the northern league. I don't particularly want to go around the wee backstreet bookies of Dublin trying to convince a dodgy bookie why he should take bets on Linfield (no offence to Linfield fans). Any help would be great. I don't have a credit card so online gambling is useless to me.

Paddy Powers and Ladbrooks in Edenmore, Raheny, and Marlborough Street take the IL. You won't find the odds in the shops themselves, I just check the sites before I head down. However, if you do win allow a little time for waiting because they don't have a clue :mad: :rolleyes:

Dodge
03/02/2007, 7:13 PM
Paddy Powers and Ladbrooks in Edenmore, Raheny, and Marlborough Street take the IL. You won't find the odds in the shops themselves, I just check the sites before I head down. However, if you do win allow a little time for waiting because they don't have a clue :mad: :rolleyes:

In fairness you're unlikely to have premiership bets settled on the Saturday. Don't forget how busy a bookies can get at the weekend

holidaysong
03/02/2007, 7:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'll get the odds off the sites before I head in. Shouldn't have too much of a problem then.

Raheny Red
03/02/2007, 7:34 PM
In fairness you're unlikely to have premiership bets settled on the Saturday. Don't forget how busy a bookies can get at the weekend

Well anytime I am collecting any winnings (not that often :o :( ) I usually don't collect it on the same day/following day. For instance when I won an IL acc. one time PP in Edenmore couldn't find it anywhere (although it would have helped if I knew the BBC website gave results at the time). So after 10 mins the woman had to ring her mate around the corner in...............Ladbrokes to get her to check their system :o

JC_GUFC
05/02/2007, 4:45 PM
Paddy Power price the Irish League games every weekend. They're usually priced on Thursday but to be sure go in to your local shop on a Friday!

The cashier may have to ring up to head office to get prices but there are definitely odds offered on the games!!!

wws
05/02/2007, 5:02 PM
try eastwoods or mcgranaghanracing

some fancy prices on the IL.....:p

Jaime
02/03/2007, 8:42 AM
William Hills beside Messrs Maguires at O'Connell Bridge offer prices on them anyway. The scene of a coup or two. :)