PDA

View Full Version : Waco - David Koresh C4

paul_oshea
02/02/2007, 9:38 AM
did anyone watch this last night.

I missed the start of it, and was wondering why the ATF moved in in the first plcae? what was their reason? was it because htey beleived mass suicide was going to occur. I suppose why would a "religous" movement have so much firepower. still though watching it I beleived that the ATF commander in charge was completely at fault. the people inside mount temple knew that they were going to be ambushed yet the ATF still went ahead with the plan knowing that they knew the followers of koresh knew about their plan. there was a serious amount of english people in there. i wondered how they got to become involved in the sect. The Chief FBI negotiator said they underestimated his power and ability over the people inside and his intelligence. It is funny though, he looked like a billy the hick from texas, yet he must have had some persuasive powers because people that were brainwashed into Branch Davidian, still seem to beleive what happened was not koreshs fault. Like all of these weirdo leaders he had an extremely high ego, and also a hugh sexual appetite, as he made all men stop any sexual relations and he was only allowed sleep with the wives and they had his kids. I can't understand how people can be so naive in this particular area, he was just a sex mad weirdo with an extremely high ego of himself, who beleived by everyone killing or dying for him would ( was good for his ego more than anything ) prove he was the second coming and establish him higher in gods kingdom. I also wonder where this all starts, i reckon he was a loner in school with no friends. The worst part of it all is that he died, and they couldnt psychoanalyse him or anything like that. The second worst part was the pussy took his own life or got someone else to do it for him before being burned to death, which obviouslly would have been a lot more painful. Mad to thing the power( how powerful ones mind is ) the mind can have over the body.

Magicme
02/02/2007, 9:43 AM
Watched the first bit and recorded the rest. The ATF planted someone in there because the neighbours reported alot of Automatic gun fire and since having fully Automatic guns was illegal unless you had a specific licence, they got this guy to go under cover to suss it all out.

Wow....do u notice the ads at the bottom of this thread! I know they change but jesus (pardon the pun!) where did they spring from!!

paul_oshea
02/02/2007, 10:05 AM
hehe ya its funny magic me, google sense is quite good!!

ok thanks for that cos i missed that part, they figured out he was a spy, and they wished him the best of luck when he was leaving and said "take care robert". Its weird though how those that he told left were sad leaving because they were leaving their loved ones behind, yet still left, it really was mind-baffling. How bloody brainwashed ( stupid more like! ) they all really were was unreal. How come though he wasn't able to figure out he was a spy if he was the chosen one? and how come the spy never got brainwashed by it all. As well as that how come they let it go ahead even though he said not to. element of suprise and all that was now gone.

Magicme
02/02/2007, 11:02 AM
I know my 12 yr old was sayin how thick they were....even he had more cop on!

I think (again pointed out by my son) that David took the betrayal so calmly coz that was what had allegedly happened to Jesus & he possibly knew there was a traitor but "scripture" had to be fulfilled again!

paul_oshea
02/02/2007, 1:00 PM
ya, thats probably it alright, his ego hit in again, and that he had to forgive him and stuff.......

but i still cant get over how men would let the sleazebag sleep with their wives and only allow him have relations with them. men have needs at the end of the day!!!!

kingdom hoop
02/02/2007, 1:14 PM
watched the program too, very odd. the members just seemed to stop thinking for themselves and let david's word guide them. crazy to try and put yourself in the same mindset. david's masterplan was never divulged which i thought was frustrating. they had 150 or so automatic weapons, surely there was some plan? what would you do with loads of weapons and about 100 disciples? (again heard to get your head around it!)

lofty9
02/02/2007, 1:57 PM
Watched it. The FBI and ATF made a serious mess of everything they tried. Koresh's followers especially the men who gave up their wives to him were off their head. I don't think anybody to this day knows what Koresh' s purpose was. It was the automatic guns that freaked the ATF out at the beginning. Religious fanatics eh!

all you need to know:

http://www.btinternet.com/~fountain/koresh/

paul_oshea
02/02/2007, 1:58 PM
well i beleive that he knew something was going to happen and thats why he armed himself, and by forecasting his own demise he could do it this way, and then prove that he had forecasted it, if you see what i mean. I did find it strange how he recovered from life threatening wounds so well, but again they may not have been that serious at all. I wish they had interviewed more, especially the children, because it would be interesting to see how they had turned out. the girl from london still seemed somewhat confused.

kingdom hoop
02/02/2007, 2:59 PM
odd how the survivors were so steadfast in their devotion to koresh to this day. its also worrying, on a different level, how the ATF messed it up so much; refusing to alter the plan after hearing koresh was expecting the attack was madness. i watched another hostage thing in greece where the police fcuked up as well, its really made me think that a) cops are stupid and b) that i should protect mankind by giving my services to the police. i said think..

paul_oshea
02/02/2007, 3:38 PM
ya i was saying all that above too KHoop

BohsPartisan
02/02/2007, 3:51 PM
odd how the shels fans were so steadfast in their devotion to Ollie to this day.

Thats the cultish mentality for you. :D