PDA

View Full Version : The rumour mill continues..

Gerry Desmond
11/07/2001, 9:57 AM
Check this out on Johnny Ward's site, i missed it yesterday:
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~jw/10-7-10.htm
Gerry

joe
11/07/2001, 10:06 AM
We don't quite have enough defenders yet alright. Even when playing with 5 at the back the other night the likes of Stephen Napier were still on the sidelines!

pete
11/07/2001, 10:43 AM
I'd have thought the squad was fairly complete at the moment. OK so a few unproven forwards but a decent squad none the less.

Hows about a few more fulltime players instead of a huge squad of part-timers? And the club ARE supposed to be having money troubles? :confused:

Jim Smith
11/07/2001, 12:12 PM
How many full-time players are in the squad at the moment?

pete
11/07/2001, 12:17 PM
Greg, Coughlan & Oliie anyway

Not sure about Jamsie & Devine?

Point i was tying to make (probably said before) is City should offer any young players who are good enough & want it a 2-3 year fulltime contract! I doubt giving Carey & Horgan for example a fulltime deal would cost much more than part-time contracts to most of the other squad members?

I think Horgan got a 1 year contract this summer? Surely he deserved more than that? Hes been playing out of his skin for the last year!

James
11/07/2001, 12:22 PM
yea nearly sure that, mulligan and devine are pro also

Jim Smith
11/07/2001, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by rebel
...City should offer any young players who are good enough & want it a 2-3 year fulltime contract! ...

Spot on there. If you are selling them on (NOT that I want that!) surely you'll get more for a full-timer anyway.

It's madness not to have Carey and Horgan on full time deals - even if they insist on "get-out" clauses. They are, IMHO, vital to our upcomming season - Bobby Petta couldn't get the better of either of them - just so long as some cynical ******* doesn't break their legs. They are important to the club and they should be make feel that way.

joe
11/07/2001, 1:13 PM
AFAIK there are four full-time people employed by the club: Greg O'Halloran, Ollie Cahill, James Mulligan and Michael Devine.

pete
11/07/2001, 1:38 PM
Even sligo had 6 fulltimers last year :rollleyes:

BTW I know Derek was fulltime last year! what happened this year?

joe
11/07/2001, 1:49 PM
I always thought Derek had a day job on top of playing for City.

Neil
11/07/2001, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by rebel
BTW I know Derek was fulltime last year! what happened this year?
Derek has always worked a day job as far as I know. Didn't he miss a couple of midweek games last season due to work commitments? Bray?

pete
11/07/2001, 2:15 PM
OK I stand corrected. Don't know where I got that impression but it was last year I thought he started on fulltime basis...... :confused:

niamh
12/07/2001, 12:40 AM
Johnny is a Galway fan so he'll know the inside stories...

Leonard
12/07/2001, 8:13 AM
My mate went out with a gitl once who'se uncle used to work with the first cousin of the groundskeeper at Real Madrid and he says we've got Zidane on loan for the first 10 games of the season to build up his fitness.