PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Record transfer rejected

Pablo
01/02/2007, 10:35 AM
Cork City Rejected a 570,000Euro bid for Roy O'Donovan from Hull City yesterday.

Article in several papers this morning.

paul_oshea
01/02/2007, 10:39 AM
really?links?

garyderry
01/02/2007, 10:45 AM
Cork City Rejected a 570,000Euro bid for Roy O'Donovan from Hull City yesterday.

Article in several papers this morning.

you lot will end up with millions in the bank and a squad the size of $hel$ by the start of the season

Pablo
01/02/2007, 10:46 AM
you lot will end up with millions in the bank and a squad the size of $hel$ by the start of the season

thats the problem alright. Thank god it was rejected.

pete
01/02/2007, 11:36 AM
really?links?

Prices in euro.

375k upfront + appearance/international add-ons + 25% sell on clause.

Details in Cork City section...

BrayUnknowns
01/02/2007, 11:45 AM
Question..... Do Cork think they can get more than that ?

pete
01/02/2007, 11:49 AM

He is worth more than that to us as we would receive 180-250k via tribunal in November even if he leaves on a free.

Macy
01/02/2007, 11:49 AM
It might not have been rejected on the final value - I'd be surprised if they'd get much more, but they might get that straight up.

lofty9
01/02/2007, 12:02 PM
It looks like this season our games will be seriously scrutinised and attended by scouts and managers from England and Scotland. July could be another month in which we lose a lot of players.

pete
01/02/2007, 12:19 PM
It looks like this season our games will be seriously scrutinised and attended by scouts and managers from England and Scotland. July could be another month in which we lose a lot of players.

I thought there would be a lot more interest in Derry City players given increased profile last season... :confused:

micls
01/02/2007, 12:31 PM
It might not have been rejected on the final value - I'd be surprised if they'd get much more, but they might get that straight up.

I dont think its about getting more tbh. Fact is we need Roy this year, and he wont be leaving for a free either way. he's worth the extra money to us IMO

dcfcsteve
01/02/2007, 12:35 PM

The rejection obviously suggests they do....!

eamo1
01/02/2007, 12:36 PM
city only bringing in 1 player so far while letting a few go but i suppose they are sticking to a budget so fair play to them for that.i would have thought at least a few championship sides in eng would be looking at their players and make approaches.
how much did george.o.c leave cork for??i think hes a better player on his day then o.donavan and theyd get alot more for him.

micls
01/02/2007, 12:52 PM
how much did george.o.c leave cork for??i think hes a better player on his day then o.donavan and theyd get alot more for him.

About 80k but completely differen situations. Ipswich held all the cards in that deal......its the opposite with Roy

dcfcsteve
01/02/2007, 12:54 PM
city only bringing in 1 player so far while letting a few go but i suppose they are sticking to a budget so fair play to them for that.i would have thought at least a few championship sides in eng would be looking at their players and make approaches.

We are looking for other players - as a minimum we need a first choice goalkeeper, and a striker as well to be safe.

With our justifiable philosophy of 'play for the City, live in the city' we'll always struggle to attract certain types of players to sign for us. With Bohs new found wealth, Drogs continuing wealth, and the street-value of heroin seemingly rocketing in Inchicore (joke....! :D ) we're especially struggling to tempt quality players away form the Pale, as such players always have options and there's lots of alternatives for them that don't involve moving to the other side of the country.

lofty9
01/02/2007, 12:59 PM
With our justifiable philosophy of 'play for the City, live in the city'

You forgot the 'die for the city' part that they don't seem to understand;)

Dazzy
01/02/2007, 2:07 PM
I thought there would be a lot more interest in Derry City players given increased profile last season... :confused:

Our price tags meant they all backed away;)