PDA

View Full Version : Brian King

Poor Student
01/02/2007, 9:41 AM
Was his transfer ever officially confirmed by anyone at the club?

drummerboy
01/02/2007, 10:09 AM
Wasn't he on loan to Kilkenny from Shelbourne. Noel King's son, if he's half as good, he should be a decent signing.

DmanDmythDledge
01/02/2007, 4:25 PM
He's been training with the club the past two weeks and it's looking likely that he will sign.

Wasn't he on loan to Kilkenny from Shelbourne. Noel King's son, if he's half as good, he should be a decent signing.
He was on loan at Kilkenny last season.

Poor Student
01/02/2007, 4:48 PM
Would Shels be due some sort of compensation for him?

DmanDmythDledge
01/02/2007, 4:50 PM
Unlikely seeing as their players weren't getting paid which is breach of contract.

CollegeTillIDie
05/02/2007, 4:52 PM
Brian is as far as I know studying in UCD so he may well be on a scholarship this season if he signed up.

roversmad
08/02/2007, 3:59 PM
he played for Kilkenny last season and was a Shels U21 player the season before that, hardly a signing that will make a big difference

Poor Student
08/02/2007, 7:52 PM
he played for Kilkenny last season and was a Shels U21 player the season before that, hardly a signing that will make a big difference

Eh, is that not a usual progression for a young player? Underage level, loan at lower division club and then step up to the big league?

roversmad
09/02/2007, 12:03 PM
sure, thats a progression that a lot of clubs use with their younger players, but I don't know of any other clubs looking for his services, my point is I don't think he will make a big difference if he does end up signing, btw I have seen him play many occassions and thats what my opinion is based on.

Poor Student
09/02/2007, 3:18 PM
btw I have seen him play many occassions and thats what my opinion is based on.

Well, that's fair enough. I don't think he's being signed to be pitched right in there so we'll see. Mahon does have a good eye for promising emerging players.