PDA

View Full Version : Foran to Southend

Hecko
31/01/2007, 5:43 PM
Anyone else think ths is a bizarre move for Richie Foran - he's just establihsing himself as one of the best players in the SPL this season. 14 goals and he then takes a 200k transfer to a team going down:confused: :confused:

youngirish
31/01/2007, 5:57 PM
Anyone else think ths is a bizarre move for Richie Foran - he's just establihsing himself as one of the best players in the SPL this season. 14 goals and he then takes a 200k transfer to a team going down:confused: :confused:
No the Scottish league is pure tripe as I've always said and players choosing moves such as this proves it.

NeilMcD
31/01/2007, 6:01 PM
He is moving down as he wants to live closer to London or so I believe. Scottish league is not pure tripe and this transfer does not prove anything.

kingdom hoop
31/01/2007, 6:06 PM
an excellent away win at birmingham last night reinvigorates southend for the battle ahead, with foran coming in to add extra brio. foran is not really the logical sort that we can use as a barometer, if he moved to timbuktu i wouldnt be too surprised

Dodge
31/01/2007, 6:23 PM
He is moving down as he wants to live closer to London or so I believe. Scottish league is not pure tripe and this transfer does not prove anything.

LOL. I work with a relation of his. He's moving for money. Nearly doubling his wages

eirebhoy
31/01/2007, 7:33 PM
One of the best players in the SPL? He's barely an average SPL player. 7 goals and 4 of them were penos. I don't rate him at all tbh.

hp123
31/01/2007, 9:40 PM
One of the best players in the SPL? He's barely an average SPL player. 7 goals and 4 of them were penos. I don't rate him at all tbh.

Agreed, he's a decent player at SPL level. SPL is pure muck. I watch it week in week out.

Best of luck to Ritchie.

drinkfeckarse
01/02/2007, 3:47 PM
he's just establihsing himself as one of the best players in the SPL this season.

:D :D I've been away for a few days so only noticed this now. POTM.

Hecko
01/02/2007, 5:09 PM
Fair enough - maybe a slight overstatement;) But he has been playing well. Always had plenty of ability, just a slight "attitude" problem with our Richie

Irish_Praha
02/02/2007, 12:12 PM
I remember when Foran was playing for Carlisle there was talk of Harry Redknapp wanting to bring him to Pompey, because he was the was found to be the fastest player over 30 yards in the three English divisions outside the Premiership.
Maybe if he evers sees Alan O'Brien play he'll put a bid in a for him :)