PDA

View Full Version : what about joe gamble?

dalo
05/12/2002, 10:49 AM
remember him boy wonder- the joe cole of cork city?

how is he getting on at reading?

i mean imagine if joe, damian deleaney, bbm all came back to city?

Éanna
05/12/2002, 10:52 AM
I heard gamble had gone on loan to carlisle.

Gone Away
05/12/2002, 10:53 AM
He is on loan at.......................................Guess where!!!!!!!!!!

Fooking CARLISLE!!!!!!!!!!!

He was on loan at some non league team last season.

BBM is with Hartlepool, and Delaney with Hull.

Christ sake............Is that the best we can produce???

dalo
05/12/2002, 11:23 AM
why doesn't he come home. the guy is a very talented player. why would he want to end up on thescrapheap of carlisle?

Gone Away
05/12/2002, 11:28 AM
Because he, like most morons in this country cannot see beyond english football.

If only more people took a page outta Georgies book, and laugh off lowere division mediocrity we would have a damn fine league.

Éanna
05/12/2002, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by Gone Away
If only more people took a page outta Georgies book, and laugh off lowere division mediocrity we would have a damn fine league.
spot on.

niamh
05/12/2002, 2:47 PM
Couldn't agree with you more lads. The youngsters who want to play football now have a viable alternative in their own country. The eL will have to continue improving though if this is to become practice rather then exception.

Éanna
05/12/2002, 3:14 PM
Brian Lennox- end of Link-up press release
The return to Ireland of talent like John O'Flynn and George O'Callaghan is clear evidence that the pendulum is swinging towards the eircom league and away from lower divisions in England.
I think he was spot on saying that, and this is more evidence of it- long may it continue

pete
05/12/2002, 4:50 PM
Unfortunately not many players have actually returned from the Uk unless was their only real alternative?

Real ale Madrid
05/12/2002, 4:56 PM
How much would gamble get paid at Carlisle?
How much would he get at City? Does anyone know?

Éanna
05/12/2002, 6:11 PM
What I heard about Gamble was that when he left cork, city made him a very good offer. apparently what city were offering was about 20pounds a week less than reading, plus he would have had accomodation costs with reading- he didn´t go for the money, he went cos reading have good facilities- thats still the big difference

Gone Away
06/12/2002, 9:15 AM
Ive heard that Limerick feen Kevin McGrath may also becoming available quite soon. I think he is a midfielder. Apparently both Shels and Longford are already sniffing about.

Might be worth a look anyway.

Oh yeah, anyone have any idea what happened to Anthony O Shea? Remember we signed him from Wimbledon last year in about September, he played about 1 game, and that was that.

Colm
06/12/2002, 5:32 PM
Yeah, remember him alright. I saw him play in a friendly but cant remember if he was any good or not. He was seemingly released without getting any chance to prove himself.

As for McGrath, he would be a good signing, he's made a number of premiership appearences last season for villa. He would do well with City imo.

James
06/12/2002, 6:26 PM
anthony o shea
played 1 first team league game away in galway , came on as a sub, played on the right wing.
think we won 2-1, with pat morely getting sent off in the second half for assaulting a galway player

:) happy days.. *dreams of an away win*

joe
06/12/2002, 9:34 PM
Originally posted by Gone Away

Oh yeah, anyone have any idea what happened to Anthony O Shea? Remember we signed him from Wimbledon last year in about September, he played about 1 game, and that was that.

think i saw him line out for limerick's under21 season, but not 100% sure it was him, or if he's still there