PDA

View Full Version : Fund raising idea from the Club

Rams-fan
31/01/2007, 12:06 PM
Just recieved a letter from the club outling a finance scheme. I don't know how many others have recieved it but I can't see it flying as the figures end up with a hefty sum at the end of the year.

Encouraging more members needs to be the way for a sustainable future for the club.

With a membership of @100 in a town of @12K, something is wrong with the setup:eek:

ramblers
31/01/2007, 5:04 PM
Yes a season ticket costing 2080 euro is a bit steep.

When dividing it in to 4 is still 500 euro per person and if I pay 2080 would I have 4 votes at the AGM.

I do not think this will get much support!!!!

You will never get support with all the infighting that continues to go on in the club.

don ramo
01/02/2007, 7:33 AM
i aint payin E2000 plus to support the club, simple to sort a bit more, im not willin to pay that, but ill pay E200 (E50 more for a single)for a season ticket instead, i cant see how a commitee couldnt come up with a better plan than this to raise money, i cant really think of anything except a few quid extra at the gate, you could say 15Euro at the start of the seaosn, max entrance fee for the season, if the team is doin bad they can lower it say if there in the bottom half to E10 so the fans will pay for the sucess, they have the bar, the fundraisers and sponsorships, all this adds up i really cant wait to see the financial report, they should consider advertiseing a gym in cobh and take payment in the form of memberships for the team, it'll help fitness for the team and advertise the gym, win-win, only a thought, then again they might have thought of that

The Rebel Ram
01/02/2007, 3:33 PM
A very pathetic effort at trying to raise funds for the club. I think it was just thrown out there before the AGM so the comittee can say that they tried ways to raise funds but most of the members rejected it (at €2000 p.a. what a shock!) so directors will have to be brought in. I think it was a desperate waste of time and money printing those letters. I can barely get friends to go see a match at €15 euro not to mind get them to pay €10 a week!

If that is the best the comitee can come up with then I'm afraid that they should not be in the position they are in.
They are panicing about the level of funding that can be used for players wages when they fail to realise that every other club is in the same position. I don't think there should be this amount of panic until we see what the future holds for other clubs. There are a lot of them in far worse positions than ourselves.

How about reducing the level of commision that ticket sellers are making, I know a lot of people in town that don't buy tickets because of this. There are a lot of answers and solutions out there if they look in the right places! Investigate how lower level clubs in England have coped over the past few years.

I think directors will need to be brought in for funding once the clubs assets are protected and that they don't go mad on spending. There will be penty of other clubs doing that so let them make the mistakes and Ramblers can jumlp into their positions league wise within a few years. A bit of brainstorming on how to get attendances into the ground now that we will have decent crowds. It is not only the population in Cobh we should be targeting but all of East Cork and the City itself. Posters should be placed in Midleton and Carrigtohill also for upcoming matches.

A big opening ceromony for the stands on our first home game. Get publicity from all over, The Examiner, TV3, Red FM, 96FM!
A big carnival atmostphere that is advertised in all the schools in the nearby towns. Get kids to make it the place to be and the adults will be bugged to go with them. The adults will them hopefully enjoy it and return themselves.

Get the comittee thinking!
Not all the money is best spent on wages!
Better go before I burst a blood vessel!

Rambler1
01/02/2007, 7:43 PM
A very pathetic effort at trying to raise funds for the club. I think it was just thrown out there before the AGM so the comittee can say that they tried ways to raise funds but most of the members rejected it (at €2000 p.a. what a shock!) so directors will have to be brought in. I think it was a desperate waste of time and money printing those letters. I can barely get friends to go see a match at €15 euro not to mind get them to pay €10 a week!

If that is the best the comitee can come up with then I'm afraid that they should not be in the position they are in.
They are panicing about the level of funding that can be used for players wages when they fail to realise that every other club is in the same position. I don't think there should be this amount of panic until we see what the future holds for other clubs. There are a lot of them in far worse positions than ourselves.

How about reducing the level of commision that ticket sellers are making, I know a lot of people in town that don't buy tickets because of this. There are a lot of answers and solutions out there if they look in the right places! Investigate how lower level clubs in England have coped over the past few years.

I think directors will need to be brought in for funding once the clubs assets are protected and that they don't go mad on spending. There will be penty of other clubs doing that so let them make the mistakes and Ramblers can jumlp into their positions league wise within a few years. A bit of brainstorming on how to get attendances into the ground now that we will have decent crowds. It is not only the population in Cobh we should be targeting but all of East Cork and the City itself. Posters should be placed in Midleton and Carrigtohill also for upcoming matches.

A big opening ceromony for the stands on our first home game. Get publicity from all over, The Examiner, TV3, Red FM, 96FM!
A big carnival atmostphere that is advertised in all the schools in the nearby towns. Get kids to make it the place to be and the adults will be bugged to go with them. The adults will them hopefully enjoy it and return themselves.

Get the comittee thinking!
Not all the money is best spent on wages!
Better go before I burst a blood vessel!

Lots of good points there. Also would open air concert of some sort on the pitch be worth looking at for say 18 -25 years age group with maybe €20 admission. If u got 2000 in that would be €40000. Take half of that for policing and organisation and band and you would still have 20K for players for 2007.

don ramo
02/02/2007, 1:03 AM
ya the probem with that is promoting it as the club is not under law allowed advertise in any local our national papers, our advertise it outside of the clubs premises, thats why the concert last year was cancelled some local establishment complained, and since every time ramblers our the rugby club advertise nights our whatever in there clubs the gardai raid the place and can fine the clubs for doin so.

thats competition for ya:mad:

Rambler1
06/02/2007, 9:33 AM
ya the probem with that is promoting it as the club is not under law allowed advertise in any local our national papers, our advertise it outside of the clubs premises, thats why the concert last year was cancelled some local establishment complained, and since every time ramblers our the rugby club advertise nights our whatever in there clubs the gardai raid the place and can fine the clubs for doin so.

thats competition for ya:mad:

How is it that we can advertise a match (club event) on radio papers, notice boards etc but not a concert (club event)

don ramo
06/02/2007, 12:26 PM
under law we cant advertise things outside of the sport, its a stupid law that was never enforced but they seem to clamping down on it more recently mainly the rugby club and ramblers the other clubs dont seem to be affected.

A face
07/02/2007, 5:26 PM
A few things that should definitely happen

Advertise matches on the Ferries
Setup up an email/texting service for matches
Start an Official Supporters club and get active
Work with other attractions in the town (Fota, Museum, Heritage Centre, etc) maybe put a all-for-one ticket together
Put a Ramblers-Friendly business directory together, and encourage fans to support the businesses that support the club

The only thing that would cost anything there is the adverts on the Ferry.

don ramo
07/02/2007, 10:58 PM
the ferry sponsor ramblers (as far as i know) so maybe they might do for a nominal fee, some good points dont see why the fans have to think of these plans (except the supporters club that is a fans thing) remember the signs that were up half way in the island each way, where did they go did the circus crowd just take them when they put up there signs, our did they pass them back to the club, the commitee really has to get to work and think of a few ideas for the club our if there reading this forum (hi everyone) they might try to implement some plans (our improve on them) no point waitin for us to go strainght to them, they should take some inniative and make some progress

A face
07/02/2007, 11:47 PM
the ferry sponsor ramblers (as far as i know) so maybe they might do for a nominal fee, some good points dont see why the fans have to think of these plans (except the supporters club that is a fans thing) remember the signs that were up half way in the island each way, where did they go did the circus crowd just take them when they put up there signs, our did they pass them back to the club, the commitee really has to get to work and think of a few ideas for the club our if there reading this forum (hi everyone) they might try to implement some plans (our improve on them) no point waitin for us to go strainght to them, they should take some inniative and make some progress

Don, i seriously dont think that eL clubs for the most part have the resources, time or man power to implement some ideas. I hate saying it but i really do think that is the case. Cobh are lucky imo as you do have a core membership (who would all have the club in their best interests) its a good base to work with (i know €2000 is head banger stuff but ...) but what is needed is people to get united and active.

A supporters club, a committee, a volunteers group, call it whatever ... a group of people who want to see the club progress all need to see down and work out what is possible, realistic opportunities that are made possible with a bit of hard work. Try and think of ideas that the wider community will enjoy, it doesn't necessarily have to mean they have have to attend every game, just something that everyone will enjoy.

Comic Book Guy
08/02/2007, 5:15 PM
I think the signs which were near the ferry, at Carrigaloe were removed by the County council:rolleyes: If true then it is a bit much, because I have seen plenty of establishments advertising themselves by the road but they seem to get away with it.

don ramo
09/02/2007, 2:12 AM
its not pubs that are banned from advertising events just clubs, the club is allowed advertise games but that is it as far as i know, i thought it was the circus crowd who robbed the signs :)

don ramo
14/02/2007, 8:02 PM
i think a game against sunderland with our former player Roy Keane in charge would have been a great idea, to bad galway used a little bit of inniative and got there before us, shame on the commitee for lettin that one slip through there fingers, they should see if they will be willing to pay a visit to there bosses old stomping ground.:cool: :ball: :ball:

ramblers
15/02/2007, 3:36 PM
All is not lost Sunderland will play more then Galway hopefully the Commitee are all ready on to them!!

drinkfeckarse
19/02/2007, 2:15 PM
How many times is Roy Keane expected to help out his former club though? He already organised one game purely for the financial benefit of the Ramblers.

ramblers
19/02/2007, 3:46 PM
If they are going to play someone any way may as well be us.

don ramo
19/02/2007, 4:13 PM
well any club that will have connections to get top teams to play them will jump at the chance, its normal, it up to the club being asked to decide if its to much being asked of them, if you ask worst case scenario is they say no, but you could at least ask, plus sunderland are on about building up strong support in ireland and may play a few teams so there is a good chance they might play us, as far as i know city are planin a game with reading, christ if they could get them over every 3-4 years they would

plus i just heard shamrock rovers are on a 5 day trip to sunderland useing training facilities and wil play a select 11 on sunday they really are building links with irish soccer, the question is if they look for a feeder club who will it be?????

rambler14
19/02/2007, 5:52 PM
Have Ramblers any friendly games planned? Even Wanderers would be good oppostion!
I've heard nothing of any friendly games & it would be stupid to go into the season without any played.
Maybe DJ DUFFER can shed some light on the situation?

Comic Book Guy
19/02/2007, 7:04 PM
I heard that Ramblers will be playing Mayfield United in a friendly at their ground this coming Wednesday night.