PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda United History Section

RedHat
05/12/2002, 9:07 AM
on the official site. Very good read about the on the pitch activities .......

wonder in the future if we will ever get a history of the boardroom struggles of the early 80's and early 00's , just as long as it doesn't appear in the DI under the times past column !

Anyway Damien Rice tonight in Solas - hope 2 make it down if it's not sold out.

WindmillWarrior
05/12/2002, 9:20 AM
Originally posted by RedHat

Anyway Damien Rice tonight in Solas - hope 2 make it down if it's not sold out.

His website says it is sold out, disaster!

http://www.damienrice.com/website/gig_list.htm

Sean Drog
05/12/2002, 9:21 AM
For the feedback - sometimes wonder do people read these sections of the site at all. I also put a game against Rovers in 1963 in the scrapbook section - good pic of former Ireland manaer Touhy leading his side out.

I was half thinking about putting together an early history book on the club - what do people think? would many buy it?

So lads how many are going to Longford on Saturday night? role call please!

DrogMan
05/12/2002, 10:59 AM
Yeah a book would be quite good but I think that only people interested in the club would buy it, I cant see many of the Andy Gray army spending their money on that when they could pay for their pay-per-view crap!!!
Well I'm going to the game on Saturday if you must know :D

WindmillWarrior
05/12/2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Sean Drog
For the feedback - sometimes wonder do people read these sections of the site at all. I also put a game against Rovers in 1963 in the scrapbook section - good pic of former Ireland manaer Touhy leading his side out.

Of course we read the site, I'm at work so what else am I gonna do!

I was half thinking about putting together an early history book on the club - what do people think? would many buy it?

Well, I'd certainly buy it...

I'll be there, in body anyways...

Drogrough
05/12/2002, 2:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, with the 40th Anniversary of our ascent into the upper echelons of world football coming up, I think it's a grand idea. I'm sure it be would be a seller, especially among those who are old enough and were fortunate enough to have witnessed those moments of history.

I'm willing to help with research, if needed

:cool:

Drogrough the Historian

dalo
05/12/2002, 3:12 PM

yesh I have read it. excellant stuff. i wish other clubs would follow the drogs example. i love reading or finding out infomation about old football teams - shame there isn't enough of it about.

even big clubs like derry, bohs, shams really sell themselves short on this area.

so well done;)