PDA

View Full Version : First Division - confirmed list of clubs for the new season

London-Irish
30/01/2007, 11:31 AM
The new season is only a few weeks away so when are we going to get the full list of clubs for the First Division? There have been rumours about Wexford Youth and Limerick team joining, but still no confirmation. It is leaving things a little late to organise fixtures, etc. Any news?

Lim till i die
30/01/2007, 11:34 AM
The new season is only a few weeks away so when are we going to get the full list of clubs for the First Division? There have been rumours about Wexford Youth and Limerick team joining, but still no confirmation. It is leaving things a little late to organise fixtures, etc. Any news?

Ahem, High Court today ;)

charliesboots
30/01/2007, 11:42 AM
It's on page 14 of this here (http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/7117bc4d30c581ad80256dc2004e5e0d/c0396427f53f2d5d802572720057b042/$FILE/Legal%20Diary%20Part%201%20300107.pdf)

They got Frank Clarke who is an excellent and very fair judge. He's also a sporty type, ex President of HRI and a steward at Leopardstown Race Course.

Lim till i die
30/01/2007, 11:48 AM
It's on page 14 of this here (http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/7117bc4d30c581ad80256dc2004e5e0d/c0396427f53f2d5d802572720057b042/$FILE/Legal%20Diary%20Part%201%20300107.pdf)

They got Frank Clarke who is an excellent and very fair judge. He's also a sporty type, ex President of HRI and a steward at Leopardstown Race Course.

Says the hearing was at eleven

Any idea what time I could be hearing about a decision :confused:

charliesboots
30/01/2007, 11:50 AM
Says the hearing was at eleven

Any idea what time I could be hearing about a decision :confused:

It may not have got on at 11 (which often happens). Realistically it could be 3 or 4 until you find out. It may not even be today although Judge Clarke has indicated at previous mention dates that he is very aware of the time sensitivity of the matter so I doubt he will delay.

jebus
30/01/2007, 11:56 AM
At this stage though isn't it a choice between Limerick 37 or Limerick FC as to who will represent us in the LoI next year? I'm sure Wexford will be joining us as well

London-Irish
30/01/2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I was not aware of the court case, as I live in London. Any details of the outcome will also be much appreciated.

DmanDmythDledge
30/01/2007, 12:00 PM
At this stage though isn't it a choice between Limerick 37 or Limerick FC as to who will represent us in the LoI next year? I'm sure Wexford will be joining us as well
Limerick FC didn't get a license.:rolleyes: It had nothing to do with John Delaney not liking Danny Drew. Get over it and just accept the truth.

Carotheplayer
30/01/2007, 12:01 PM
it would have been up for mention at 11 am (with a hole host of other stuff) and it will prabably be ruled upon after lunch.

Should have an idea this evening. I will eat my hat if he doesn't go with the FAI on this one.

:cool:

jebus
30/01/2007, 12:02 PM
Limerick FC didn't get a license.:rolleyes: It had nothing to do with John Delaney not liking Danny Drew. Get over it and just accept the truth.

Sorry where was my rant about Limerick FC in there? I've already pledged my support to Limerick37 , but a man of your logic wouldn't have checked that out would you? :rolleyes:

It's like my father used to say, 'some people are just ****s' ;)

pineapple stu
30/01/2007, 12:32 PM
It may well have to do with a possible tiff between Delaney and Drew. Dublin City got a licence, Shels got a licence - what have Limerick done worse than them to not get a licence?

I would certainly not put it past Delaney to let personal back-stabbing tiffs get in the way of a competent administration of the league.

London-Irish
31/01/2007, 10:15 AM
Any news on the outcome? Or do we still not know who is competing in the First Division next season?

Mr A
31/01/2007, 10:16 AM
We now know that Limerick FC will not be in the league this year. The FAI have yet to confirm that any new teams have been granted licenses.

charliesboots
31/01/2007, 10:20 AM
I heard that judgment will be given today

Trainee
31/01/2007, 10:25 AM
Limerick FC lost high court case
so frist divison should be:

Athlone Town
Dundalk
Cobh Ramblers
Finn Harps
Limerick 37
Kildare County
Monaghan United
Kilkenny City
Wexford Youths
Shels OR Waterford

It will take a few days/weeks to sort out the shels mess so it could be a while before we see any fixture list

gael353
31/01/2007, 10:28 AM

you are so far away from the real reasons its untrue. This was and everyone in the court knows it an issue between delaney and Drew. and if shels are demoted then i think Dundalk should be the team put up in their place as its a damn long journey to Dundalk :)

passerrby
31/01/2007, 10:38 AM
I object, if shels are not sustanable for the premier then why should we have them in the first div the implacation is that its ok for a team in the **** to be in our div well its not

harpskid
31/01/2007, 10:41 AM
I object, if shels are not sustanable for the premier then why should we have them in the first div the implacation is that its ok for a team in the **** to be in our div well its not

Ah now come on - i personally will take great pleasure in welcoming them to our ground and compounding their misery!:ball:

DmanDmythDledge
31/01/2007, 12:14 PM
you are so far away from the real reasons its untrue. This was and everyone in the court knows it an issue between delaney and Drew.
It's been pointed out on your forum a few days ago why Limerick FC didn't get a license. As I said just accept it.

Lim till i die
31/01/2007, 12:56 PM
It's been pointed out on your forum a few days ago why Limerick FC didn't get a license. As I said just accept it.

He has, we all have

Just take our word that the likes of gael know FAR more about the situation than you ;)

gael353
31/01/2007, 10:20 PM

Dear god let some of your UCD mates educate you on some aspects of the politics side of EL soccer. As most of the educated posters here have said over and over again (mainly to answer ur uneducated rants) limerick fc fans have accepted it long long ago and are now all (or most of) limerick 37 fans. now please stop posting on this matter, or we'll get ur grant stopped.

DmanDmythDledge
03/02/2007, 1:44 PM
He has, we all have
That's why he's still trying to convince himself that it was because Delaney doesn't like Drew?

Dear god let some of your UCD mates educate you on some aspects of the politics side of EL soccer. As most of the educated posters here have said over and over again (mainly to answer ur uneducated rants) limerick fc fans have accepted it long long ago and are now all (or most of) limerick 37 fans. now please stop posting on this matter, or we'll get ur grant stopped.
You don't seem to understand, judging by your posts, why Limerick FC didn't get a license. Nothing to do with anything political.

steno
04/02/2007, 8:02 PM
We all know that Limerick '37 and wexford are applying for the Division One license but does anyone know when the FAI are going to confirm their participation?

It was supposed to be in early January but Drew challenged the FAI ruling delaying it. But now that, that is out of the way has a date been set for an announcement confirming this?

Philly
04/02/2007, 8:44 PM
They'll most likely wait until Shels are sorted out. If Shels went bust they'd be looking for three new teams. If Shels are demoted the FAI would throw Waterford (or Dundalk?!) into the Premier in their place.

Hopefully Shels will get it all sorted though and nothing like that will have to happen :ball:

Mr A
04/02/2007, 9:52 PM
It's two late to get a third team. If Shels do go belly up completely I'd imagine it'll either be another 11 team premier or a 9 team first.

Either of these is a bit of a bummer as clubs are losing 2 home gates (half the clubs in the premier case, all in the first) that they would have budgeted for.