PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Paradise

Maz
30/01/2007, 10:14 AM
Anyone watch it?

Possibly the worst show I have ever seen on RTE2. Another series of Pure Mule would have been better. It was cross between Glenroe/Pure Mule/Showbands but worse.

Jamjar
30/01/2007, 10:31 AM
but yes, I did happen to catch this drivel. I said to Mrs. Jamjar as it was starting, that it will be professionally produced, which it was, but shiite story and characters. I thought at one stage I was looking at some kind of modern interpretation of Playboy of the western world.

Magicme
30/01/2007, 10:47 AM
God yeah it was woeful but I kept watching in the hope it would redeem itself somehow! Bad acting and no way Angeline Ball was old enough to be mum of that 40 yr old teenage boy & the 30 something teenage daughter!

When I saw the ads I thought that Angeline & the other blondy would be sisters! Pathetic....am glad we have meetings on Monday nites and wont be missing them from now on.

pete
30/01/2007, 11:05 AM
Had it on in the background but can't say I paid much attention to.

Pure Mule was fairly good i thought & any recent RTE dramas i have seen have been good enough quality...

BohsPartisan
30/01/2007, 11:07 AM
Was it worse than "Legend"?

Magicme
30/01/2007, 11:10 AM
Didnt watch legend or much of Pure Mule (bogger accents in it drove me mad even tho there was a girl from Monaghan putting on the midlands accent in it) loved Love is the Drug tho so I know RTE are capable of some good stuff. Also liked "On Home Ground" despite it being about GAAAAAH. Anyone wanna help me write a drama based around Monaghan United????

Ash
30/01/2007, 11:59 AM
I have to say "On Home Ground", "Legend", "Pure Mule"
and "Trouble In Paradise" are all the greatest load of tripe
to ever justify a licence fee!

It's like they produce rubbich just to give Irish actors a job.

RTE, its like FAS for actors!
(... although its a bit harsh comparing something worthwhile like FAS to RTE)

pete
30/01/2007, 12:12 PM
I was probably selective in the RTE dramas i watched. The one from Drogheda was ok & already mentioned Pure Mule. Maybe i've only watched RTE2 dramas.

BohsPartisan
30/01/2007, 3:48 PM
Legend just didn't make sense. It was as if there were a load of primary school kids writing it on the basis on one kid writes one line, kid 2 writes the next and so on...
Love is the drug was just about watchable. All the other tripe RTE usually show made it look good.
What next? A programme where Linda Bloc moves to Ireland to takes over the running of Limerick37?

The first series of Proof was pretty good though. The second series was just OK, merely repeating the formula.

Monkfish
30/01/2007, 5:59 PM
HMMMMMMM Linda Bloc! would make quite a change from Danny "Nancy" Drew. :)

SligoBrewer
30/01/2007, 8:17 PM
Legend just didn't make sense. It was as if there were a load of primary school kids writing it on the basis on one kid writes one line, kid 2 writes the next and so on...
Love is the drug was just about watchable. All the other tripe RTE usually show made it look good.
What next? A programme where Linda Bloc moves to Ireland to takes over the running of Limerick37?

The first series of Proof was pretty good though. The second series was just OK, merely repeating the formula.

that it was.. trouble in paradise looked like every other rte drama of late.. complete ...

Maz
30/01/2007, 8:30 PM
I actually like On Home Ground but that last night was ridiculous. It was embarrassing. It was definately worse than Legend.

Paddyfield
30/01/2007, 10:14 PM
Anyone wanna help me write a drama based around Monaghan United????

CSI Monaghan will arouse interest, that's for sure.

Magicme
31/01/2007, 8:33 AM
Yeah.....the only crime is that Mons haven't won any cups (except in Juvenile & Women's circles) in years!

BohsPartisan
31/01/2007, 8:37 AM
Anyone wanna help me write a drama based around Monaghan United????

Would it be this exciting?

O stony grey soil of Monaghan
The laugh from my love you thieved;
You took the gay child of my passion
And gave me your clod-conceived.

Paddy Kavanagh

First
31/01/2007, 8:38 AM
I actually like On Home Ground but that last night was ridiculous. It was embarrassing. It was definately worse than Legend.

On Home Ground , could be summed up in the Barry's Tea add.

Add 1 . Manager of local GAA team ,call up to the house later, jays his gonna drop me , nah I'm making you captain, have a cup of tea.

Add 2. Daughter of Manager suddenly sees him as a potential shag , long term boyfriend, husband and father of the next generation of footballers for the local GAA team., Have a cup of Tea.

Ahh .....stop paying your TV liecenses now I say , I say now!

Magicme
31/01/2007, 8:47 AM
No Mr Partisan...it will be more along the lines of Literary Adventure....

"I am here in a (garage) stadium in Monaghan.
It is June and the weather is warm,
Just a little bit cloudy. There's the sun again
Lifting to importance my sixteen-acre (farm) football facilities."

:D

BohsPartisan
31/01/2007, 8:51 AM
I'm in.

Magicme
31/01/2007, 9:12 AM
Ok so there is only 14 acres but whats an acre or two between friends!! When we have the new Regional Devlopment Centre in place Century Homes Park will be the centre of the footballing universe so well worth writing about!!

Lionel Ritchie
31/01/2007, 2:08 PM
On Home Ground , could be summed up in the Barry's Tea add.

Add 1 . Manager of local GAA team ,call up to the house later, jays his gonna drop me , nah I'm making you captain, have a cup of tea.

Add 2. Daughter of Manager suddenly sees him as a potential shag , long term boyfriend, husband and father of the next generation of footballers for the local GAA team., Have a cup of Tea.

Ahh .....stop paying your TV liecenses now I say , I say now!

Better -stop buying Barrys tea!!!

We're evidently mad about this pap though. Is it a butter ad set on an island where there's Glenroe-esque smut throughout? "there'll be no boats today ..I s'pose you'll be ridin' the daughter so"

Jeesis wept.

As for that On Home Ground thing ...all it was missing was worried livestock.

Ash
31/01/2007, 2:17 PM
As for that On Home Ground thing ...all it was missing was worried livestock.

They couldn't find any livestock willing to lower
their standards by appearing in the programme.