PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Drive??

Xlex
04/12/2002, 2:12 PM
Does anyone think the time is right for a recruitment drive of foot.ie on club message sites again... What does people think the advantages are of the site...we can get them together and start recruiting more posters/members...

dahamsta
04/12/2002, 4:43 PM
Obviously I'd love to have a lot more members on Foot.ie Xlex, but I think that one of the problems with recruiting is that it makes people cynical and often quite nasty about the site, which tends to backfire on us.

I was thinking of placing a banner on Board.ie though...

adam

The Money Man
04/12/2002, 11:25 PM
There have been 35 new members signing on in the past two weeks. I wouldn't have thought that that was bad.

However, I know that most of my mates aren't aware that the site exists (and some of them have a lot more to say than I do!). I'll commit to do some personal promotion to get some new names on board. I'm sure others would be happy to do likewise if asked.

James
05/12/2002, 12:17 AM
nice one money man , the more the merrier
lets spread the word people :)

A face
05/12/2002, 8:57 AM
I think we should advertise at eL games more if possible. And maybe at a few International games !!

The Money Man
06/12/2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by A face
I think we should advertise at eL games more if possible. And maybe at a few International games !!

I would volunteer to bring a banner to international matches but I always miss kick off. The last pint is always the best!

A face
06/12/2002, 1:03 AM
Maybe it might be worth putting the exsisting www.foot.ie banner on the Derrynane road side of the cross, Now that we have TV3 on every week, people will see it more and log on. And they are the kinda members we want, eircom league fans already. It (the banner) was great when it was first put up on the stand but the cameras will never see it.

Also, while boards.ie is a great network for almost anything, the football site aint great, personally i wouldn't like to see many of them coming over to us, there are all typical bar stool english fans.

I dont know how much work is in this but how about an "online christmas card" to the exsisting foot.ie members just to renew interest in some of the more dormant ones. What do you think.

dahamsta
06/12/2002, 9:10 AM
Hi Face,

Maybe it might be worth putting the exsisting www.foot.ie banner on the Derrynane road side of the cross, Now that we have TV3 on every week, people will see it more and log on. And they are the kinda members we want, eircom league fans already. It (the banner) was great when it was first put up on the stand but the cameras will never see it.

To be honest Face, I've never even seen that banner. I think it's Bernie's, but I'm not sure.

Also, while boards.ie is a great network for almost anything, the football site aint great, personally i wouldn't like to see many of them coming over to us, there are all typical bar stool english fans.

Oh, I agree with you, however I'm a regular on Boards and I'm hoping Tom will cut me some slack. I'll only do it if it's free or very cheap.

I dont know how much work is in this but how about an "online christmas card" to the exsisting foot.ie members just to renew interest in some of the more dormant ones. What do you think.

That's a good idea, and very, very easy to implement. Excellent.

adam