PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons

Gone Away
04/12/2002, 11:02 AM
With all the stuff people have been on about recently heres one for ya. Everyone must give one different Pro and Con about Liam Murphys reign as "gaffer".

Pro - He is a great youth coach

Con - He is part of the old boys club.

NorthoftheLee
04/12/2002, 11:20 AM
PRO: Brought in some good players.
CON: If he only had a clue what tactics mean.

dalo
04/12/2002, 11:36 AM
pro: very good underage work , took us to europe in first season, great servant of city

con: tatically very poor, cracks under pressure, bad PR image

James
04/12/2002, 12:58 PM
pro: he hasnt got dodgey looking haircut :)

cons: he's the wrong man to manage cork city

eoinh
04/12/2002, 1:21 PM
Pro: Great man for spotting talent (i used to be good at that on the dance floor)

con: NOT TEAM SELECTION BUT TEAM FORMATIONS. DON'T BE AFRAID LIAM, GO FOR IT AWAY, WE HAVE THE TALENT

pete
04/12/2002, 3:13 PM
Pros: He not Patsy ;)

Cons: Unable to communicate (or at least give impression) what he doing or planning to do. Debatable if he can communicate with the players any better...

James
04/12/2002, 3:15 PM
pro's; he's not Noelle

cons; alienates people, fans, and players alike

dalo
04/12/2002, 3:20 PM
by all accounts it could be the missus he ****es off as well.

i remember in 91 or 92 seeing city play in the cross and murph was coming off the field. the guy looked nackered and pretty winded.

anyway his missus calls him over "Liam LIam quick come over"

Liam: What the **** is it now

Missus: I have had a terrible accident

Liam; What ya do now

Missus: I crashed the car at the tory top road

Liam: Ah ya silly bitch. (lotsof swearing etc)

The whole side of ground heard it were in knots of laughter. Honestly it was like something out of Married with Children

niamh
04/12/2002, 3:29 PM
Pro: had the guts to turn up at the Forum and answer questions
Con: his habit to clash with certain players.

patsh
04/12/2002, 3:43 PM
Con: He is too distant with the fans.

Pro: He is too distant with the fans..........
:D

Ruairi
04/12/2002, 5:23 PM
pro: signed jofy and georgie

con: jimmy mull, mark herrick, anthony o'brien...

James
04/12/2002, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
pro: signed jofy and georgie

what the fook is a jofy?

Colm
04/12/2002, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by Conor74

Con: If you and he were the last two people on earth, what if he winked at you and said "how's about it?"... Aaahhhhhh, excuse me while I go throw up!!1:D

Ruairi
04/12/2002, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by James
what the fook is a jofy?

It's that stoooooopid John O'Flynn nickname that someone made up and now it's stuck.

Whoever started it, you're a bastid!! :D :D

Éanna
04/12/2002, 5:51 PM
pros: good at spotting talented young players, great servant to the club, very good coach.
cons: no idea of tactics, personality clashes with players, alienates fans.

SSS
04/12/2002, 6:02 PM
pro: Herro, Kelvin, Tynan, Cotter, Moore, Fergie etc etc out to be replaced by better, younger talent (exlcuding Noel of course).
New Blood!

con: inability to deal with the media in any form, liable to say the wrong thing, alot. Bad blood!

Éanna
04/12/2002, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by SSS
pro: Herro, Kelvin, Tynan, Cotter, Moore, Fergie etc etc out to be replaced by better, younger talent (exlcuding Noel of course).
New Blood!

con: inability to deal with the media in any form, liable to say the wrong thing, alot. Bad blood!
and do you reckon on the basis of the pro´s and con´s stated here he is the man for city? I was accused of being blindly LM before, but as I said in my previous post, he has qualities. It´s just on the balance of things that he loses

SSS
04/12/2002, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
and do you reckon on the basis of the pro´s and con´s stated here he is the man for city?

I have never said he was THE man for City and it is clear from the pro's and con's that he is far from perfect, but there's nothing new there.

The thing is though, aside from the argument about how good or bad he is, what would happen if he left? If Lennox doesn't find a good & proven outsider (which is quite possible), we'll end up with Patsy, Daly or Caulfield...and what good outsiders are interested & available?

I know Rico is a fav amongst many here, but he didn't do much with Rovers and the few vibes I've picked up on him and Gaz would suggest that Gaz wouldn't necessarily be flavour of the month there..

Éanna
05/12/2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by SSS
I have never said he was THE man for City and it is clear from the pro's and con's that he is far from perfect, but there's nothing new there.
I never accused you of saying he was THE man, I meant do you think based on the posts on this topic, he is good enougfh for the job?

Originally posted by SSS
The thing is though, aside from the argument about how good or bad he is, what would happen if he left? If Lennox doesn't find a good & proven outsider (which is quite possible), we'll end up with Patsy, Daly or Caulfield...and what good outsiders are interested & available?
thats a fair point, and one that has been debated a few times. I think it´s worth the risk to get rid of murphy and then see who applies

Originally posted by SSS
I know Rico is a fav amongst many here, but he didn't do much with Rovers and the few vibes I've picked up on him and Gaz would suggest that Gaz wouldn't necessarily be flavour of the month there..
AFAIK, he and Gaz don´t get on at all anymore. I think he´d be a good manager, but there´s better guys out there IMO.

Dricky
05/12/2002, 10:25 AM
Pro- Can take the abuse
Con Has won F all and gives up to easy.

Gone Away
06/12/2002, 9:16 AM
Pro : He has a Cork accent

Con : Where is Steve o Flynn?