PDA

View Full Version : Sold Out!!

elroy
29/01/2007, 8:41 AM
According to the Sindo yesterday, the games against Wales and Slovakia are already sold out - 76k capacity. Therefore, if true all four games must be sold out as they are sold as block. Great news for Irish football, well as long as I get my tickets!!! I presume no one else on the waiting list has heard back yet from the FAI following the applications?

shakermaker1982
29/01/2007, 8:46 AM
no word as of yet - I thought some would go on General Sale at very least. Fingers crossed I have tickets!

Student Mullet
29/01/2007, 10:36 AM
According to the FAI there were 34,000 people at the San Marino match so I wouldn't take this as gospel.

RogerMilla
29/01/2007, 11:08 AM
no word yet , on tenterhooks , anyone brave enough to ring the FAI??

murtybyrne
29/01/2007, 12:09 PM
no word yet , on tenterhooks , anyone brave enough to ring the FAI??

So Has anyone made the call????

RogerMilla
30/01/2007, 9:23 AM
i feckin hope we get them !! will be gutted to miss the games in croker

elroy
30/01/2007, 3:58 PM
Damn right, at worst everyone on the waiting list should get two. And tickets should be distributed to those on the waiting list the longest first.

gspain
30/01/2007, 5:52 PM
I agree the Waiting List should get priority over the Block Bookers getting extras.

No idea what is being done though. Demand seems to be huge if there is to be no public sale.

The clubs and leagues have another chance too to boost their allocation.

Newryrep
31/01/2007, 7:48 AM
Cant see the 5000 odd on the waiting list not getting tickets, but as i advised on the earlier Croke/Ticket thread, get the tickets in your own name via the waiting list as the extra tickets requested by exisitng BB's are only valid for the games at Croke Park as confirmed by email from FAI. However even when we return to LR i am sure there will be

1.Exisitng BB's who want the same number of tickets as they had at Croke Park but will only be offered their original number

or

2. Waiting Listers ? who took up the offer of tickets at Croke Park who then dont get tickets for the new

some one of them are not going to be happy bunnies.

elroy
31/01/2007, 8:49 AM
All well and good but LR isnt even demolished never mind rebuilt so am just gonna worry about tickets for the games in Croker at the moment :o

In all honesty its hard to predict the FAI at the best of times, so god knows how they'll sort things when we go back to LR. I still hold out hope that some level of common sense will prevail and the 'bigger' games will be played in Croker even after LR is built.

galwayhoop
31/01/2007, 10:45 AM
I still hold out hope that some level of common sense will prevail and the 'bigger' games will be played in Croker even after LR is built.

don't hold your breath. from newspaper reports over the last few weeks the FAI & GAA don't seem to be as cozy as we hoped. there is talk of a GAA vote to reinstate the ban on foreign sports.

strangly the IRFU & GAA seem to be getting on like a house on fire, as witnessed by the IRFU training session last week.

The FAI seenm to love going to the papers when things don't work out - like the training refused session a couple of months ago - while the IRFU say very little and end up training in CP no problem.

I would speculate that in the eyes of the GAA the FAI are trying to act as if they own the joint and are entitled to X,Y & Z while the IRFU are acting appropriatly i.e. as temporary tenants.

If current relations continue as they are going I would think that if anyone got use of CP for 'big' games it would be the IRFU and not the FAI!

Bluetonic
31/01/2007, 10:51 AM
Regardless why would the FAI want to use Croke Park for an increase of 15,000 approx attendance and pay 1.5+ million plus for the privilege. Plus all the extra hassle is costs, administration etc..,

Why would the FAI want to lose out on money so as to accommodate extra fans? It's a silly thought.

If and when Lansdowne is redeveloped there'll be no talk of playing any more matches at Croke Park.

Newryrep
31/01/2007, 11:28 AM
Does anybody in the know ,know the estimated time line for this Project is ie

1. all objections must be in by

2. Planning approval granted

3. appeal time

4. Planning approval confirmed

5.demolition start

6. construction start

7. Construction end

I would demolish it tomorrow just to prevent it being refurbed.

gspain
31/01/2007, 2:20 PM
don't hold your breath. from newspaper reports over the last few weeks the FAI & GAA don't seem to be as cozy as we hoped. there is talk of a GAA vote to reinstate the ban on foreign sports.

strangly the IRFU & GAA seem to be getting on like a house on fire, as witnessed by the IRFU training session last week.

The FAI seenm to love going to the papers when things don't work out - like the training refused session a couple of months ago - while the IRFU say very little and end up training in CP no problem.

I would speculate that in the eyes of the GAA the FAI are trying to act as if they own the joint and are entitled to X,Y & Z while the IRFU are acting appropriatly i.e. as temporary tenants.

If current relations continue as they are going I would think that if anyone got use of CP for 'big' games it would be the IRFU and not the FAI!

Can you provide those FAI story links - I've seen the GAA quotes complaing about them all right.

The FAI have been saying bugger all about Croke Park and were all on message on this. then the stories started to appear re them being too cosy etc etc. These came from the anti brigade in the GAA trying to stir up trouble. Delaney eventually made a statement saying there was no problem.

The only evidence so far is 2 requests (reasonable in my book) for a training session both refused from Stan. There subsequently was a complaint 2 months late about a GAA facilitated photo of John Toshack/Bobby Robson in Croke Park taken back in November

The real problem is that Sean Kelly is gone and Nicky brennan is not even half as enthusiastic about his new tenants as his predecessor.

If Lansdowne gets redeveloped then I can't see us moving back to Croke Park for big games. It would need a new GAA motion. In reality it would need the government to have the cvball to put preconditions on the wedges of money they hand over to the gah Why was public money given to a 51,000 capacity stadium in Limerick that is still waiting to see a crowd bigger than 23,000?

elroy
31/01/2007, 3:33 PM
As much as the gaa go on about how it is their stadium and so on, the reality is a substantial element of its funding and continued funding is governmental. Anyway Im not getting into that argument again but is there any other nation in the world where there would be so much hassle about such a move?!?!? I very much doubt it.

There is still a horrible undercurrent in the gaa who if they had their way would like soccer and rugby outlawed completely. The gaa is gaining a vast amount of money from the upcoming internationals yet we have not yet heard how they propose to spend this.

In reality I think the FAI and IRFU have been as courteous as possible in this process, they know they would be screwed without such an agreement. I just hope once the first few games are over, the whole hullabaloo about the process will die off and there wont be so much drama (particularly from the gaa) about internationals been played there.

Such snipes like last week from the gaa guy from the north are unnecessary and pitiful. He was complaining about the number of times the rugby team have and are requesting to train there - i cant see how this is an issue to him or the gaa. The stadium is very much idle as it is. He mentioned that intercounty teams dont get the opportunity to train there as much before a big game, however the reality is that they have never asked and as it is an amateur sport they neither have the time.

paul_oshea
31/01/2007, 3:50 PM
He mentioned that intercounty teams dont get the opportunity to train there as much before a big game, however the reality is that they have never asked and as it is an amateur sport they neither have the time.

Thats not completely true, its quite difficult for inter-county teams to get training there. I remember from when roscommon were playing there 4 years ago, they only got one and had to be booked well in advance!!

elroy
31/01/2007, 5:15 PM
Thats not completely true, its quite difficult for inter-county teams to get training there. I remember from when roscommon were playing there 4 years ago, they only got one and had to be booked well in advance!!

Fair enough but with all due respect to roscommon, im sure if the cork hurlers/dublin footballers wanted a few extra training sessions they would be very much obliged. My point is the likes of the cork hurlers are usually working up till the friday before a games so wouldnt get the opportunity to train there as much as professional players (ie rugby) on that fact alone.

paul_oshea
01/02/2007, 8:37 AM
ok, ya but the fact that roscommon wouldn't have played there before since it was done up, surely would mean they should get preference over other teams. So if they were finding it hard surely the other teams would too.

anyhow it doesnt really matter to this thread!! I was just trying to make the point that they are over-official at croker as it is anyhow

SuperDave
01/02/2007, 3:13 PM
As much as the gaa go on about how it is their stadium and so on, the reality is a substantial element of its funding and continued funding is governmental. Anyway Im not getting into that argument again but is there any other nation in the world where there would be so much hassle about such a move?!?!? I very much doubt it.

There is still a horrible undercurrent in the gaa who if they had their way would like soccer and rugby outlawed completely. The gaa is gaining a vast amount of money from the upcoming internationals yet we have not yet heard how they propose to spend this.In reality I think the FAI and IRFU have been as courteous as possible in this process, they know they would be screwed without such an agreement. I just hope once the first few games are over, the whole hullabaloo about the process will die off and there wont be so much drama (particularly from the gaa) about internationals been played there.

Such snipes like last week from the gaa guy from the north are unnecessary and pitiful. He was complaining about the number of times the rugby team have and are requesting to train there - i cant see how this is an issue to him or the gaa. The stadium is very much idle as it is. He mentioned that intercounty teams dont get the opportunity to train there as much before a big game, however the reality is that they have never asked and as it is an amateur sport they neither have the time.

Thee gaa always make lots of money. Where was it going in the years before croke park was developed? There are too many people up and down the country taking a free ride off the gaa. And I speak from experience from people I know and their involvement with gaa clubs and "expenses". Here's a clue: you put up a bit of fencing at the club, then charge more than you would a normal business (because, lets face it, if you're a committee member who 'happens' to be a tradesman and the club need some work done, there is absolutely no obligation to charge market rate). I've seen it. I know. It still happens.

RogerMilla
01/02/2007, 3:40 PM
lads , what has this got to do with tickets for the game?? anyone get a letter yet ??

jbyrne
02/02/2007, 11:05 AM
I would demolish it tomorrow just to prevent it being refurbed.

cant be demolished without planning permission. planning permission needed to demolish something

Newryrep
02/02/2007, 1:37 PM
cant be demolished without planning permission. planning permission needed to demolish something

Excuse my ignorance but is that 1 planning permission to demolish and 1 planning permission to rebuild or does the FAI/IRFU one cover both demolition and rebuild.

It it currently on schedule ? behind ? when is the planning permission due ?

joe_barry80
03/02/2007, 5:48 PM
Just watching the dublin game on sentanta Croker looks unbelivable can't wait for the home games