PDA

View Full Version : Website feedback

Paraic
26/01/2007, 1:06 PM
Hi

the web team are looking for feedback/ ideas for the site - I'm hoping to change the layout on the main page a bit, so that the news items are not taking up so much space and to add some decent graphics ot the site that will make it all look a bit more professional.

unfortunately, I'm neither graphic designer nor computer whizz, so the site reflects that, but if people have ideas for the way they want the site to look, or features and content that they would like to see in it, let me know and we'll try to come up with as much as we can.

once again, if there are people out there who can cover sections of the site, for example, under age, it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Paraic

SligoBrewer
26/01/2007, 1:29 PM
check your pms paraic,
and erm.. please reply 2 mine..i sent it 3 days agoish..

John83
26/01/2007, 1:35 PM
I'm afraid I'm not expert on layout, though there's something a bit off about the front page, I feel. Your content and overall structure is good though.

Midgit
26/01/2007, 2:15 PM
Take a look at some of the premeirship teams websites and you could get a few ideas from them!
Liverpool one is very good!

gustavo
26/01/2007, 2:22 PM
I wouldnt want our site to turn into them identikit Premiership sites that seeem to be all run by the one company and require registration to see most things.

SligoBrewer
26/01/2007, 2:28 PM
Take a look at some of the premeirship teams websites and you could get a few ideas from them!
Liverpool one is very good!

are you taking the plss?
seriously?

Redie
26/01/2007, 2:29 PM
Quote "I wouldnt want our site to turn into them identikit Premiership sites that seeem to be all run by the one company and require registration to see most things."

Totally Agree. :)

feo123
26/01/2007, 2:54 PM
a few player interviews from time to time maybe,a fanzone, a small online shop would be good also, even run that for a month or 2 to see what happens?

showgies
26/01/2007, 3:48 PM
Derry, Shels, Galway sites are good benchmarks

MervilleUnited
26/01/2007, 4:30 PM
Hope you stay away form under age, other than U20s:eek:

Last time it was a complete disaster for Soccer Locally, and Rovers cannot afford to enter a connacht or Eircom Under age league at this time! The SLYSL already provide enough co-operation to fulfill the License so no under age!

Site looks good though, and the regular updates make it worth reading so best of luck!

Paraic
30/01/2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

The benchmarks in terms of design as showgies pointed out is definitely Derry and Galway at the moment. Shels and Bohs are excellent for content, and Dundalks is also good all round.

In terms of the shop, i hope to have it on-line pre start of new season as a permanent feature. As Lee Majors used to say.. we have the technology..... the time is my problem at the moment

re the content, the suspensions and injuries are something we had on the old site, but it was really difficult to keep it up to date - we'll chat to the new physio though and he might be able to do something on the injury update front.

I agree, more interviews are needed - if there's anyone out there who can ease the reporting burden on WR let me know - I've already had his lecturers on to me giving out...

Re the fanzone, I don't like the current layout at all - a few decent graphics and maybe a drop down menu might sort this out, but in terms of interacting more with the fans, what do people want?

I'm going to start a series of their first experiences in the showgrounds and invite people to contribute. We also have the regular opinion during the season from Conall Collier, but is there more that people want?

Thanks again for all the comments - much appreciated

Paraic

Rory H
30/01/2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

The benchmarks in terms of design as showgies pointed out is definitely Derry and Galway at the moment. Shels and Bohs are excellent for content, and Dundalks is also good all round.

In terms of the shop, i hope to have it on-line pre start of new season as a permanent feature. As Lee Majors used to say.. we have the technology..... the time is my problem at the moment

re the content, the suspensions and injuries are something we had on the old site, but it was really difficult to keep it up to date - we'll chat to the new physio though and he might be able to do something on the injury update front.

I agree, more interviews are needed - if there's anyone out there who can ease the reporting burden on WR let me know - I've already had his lecturers on to me giving out...

Re the fanzone, I don't like the current layout at all - a few decent graphics and maybe a drop down menu might sort this out, but in terms of interacting more with the fans, what do people want?

I'm going to start a series of their first experiences in the showgrounds and invite people to contribute. We also have the regular opinion during the season from Conall Collier, but is there more that people want?

Thanks again for all the comments - much appreciated

Paraic

cant believe you quoted lee majors!ha ha

anyway...the part about the series of first experiences in the showgrounds sounds good..and especially with the showgrounds changing so much these days...there are a lot of potential writers on here i think

the potential for a online shop is good especially with shirts soon to only sold in the club shop...higher powers should be doing something about initiating that i think!

Paraic
30/01/2007, 12:53 PM
cant believe you quoted lee majors!ha ha

The Six Million Dollar Man - steve austin, classic TV - I'm showing my age now aren't I?

is it any wonder, i can barely operate a computer.......

Red4Eva
07/02/2007, 10:41 PM
i think it's a good idea when other website have somethin to promote they just have a big ad when u log on to their website with a link to the proper website. Examples: www.whufc.com & http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome. Might be useful to advertise the poker classic or new jersey as their is no mention of the new jersey on the website so any1 who doesn't look at foot.ie prob doesn't know what the craic is with it.

feo123
08/02/2007, 7:49 AM
take down all the pics on the homepage of the old players!!

SeaniesRedArmy
11/02/2007, 11:27 AM
Lets refer you to this thread:
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=51285

Some very good sites in the league now and ours is not up their with them I am afraid to say.

gustavo
11/02/2007, 12:25 PM
I think in terms of content ours is well up there.

sligoman
11/02/2007, 4:21 PM
unfortunately, I'm neither graphic designer nor computer whizz, so the site reflects that, but if people have ideas for the way they want the site to look, or features and content that they would like to see in it, let me know and we'll try to come up with as much as we can.If it'd be possible, try and get more info for the players section. Like for instance date of birth, previous club record(appearances, goals, cards etc.). Probably no way of getting that for most of the players though, just an idea if it's possible.

SeaniesRedArmy
12/02/2007, 4:46 PM
I think in terms of content ours is well up there.

You are taking the **** young fella?

feo123
12/02/2007, 4:57 PM
If it'd be possible, try and get more info for the players section. Like for instance date of birth, previous club record(appearances, goals, cards etc.). Probably no way of getting that for most of the players though, just an idea if it's possible.

well not appearances or goals or cards but im sure the players know their dates of birth and who else they've played for! then start at the beginning of the season with appearances and little stats and bits and pieces as the season goes on!

gustavo
12/02/2007, 5:05 PM
That is certainly do-able feo and already partially implemented here
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=62

just needs the updating

SligoBrewer
12/02/2007, 5:42 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=62

:p
top of the league! havin a laugh!:D

Buller
12/02/2007, 6:58 PM
:D :D indeed ;)

Only1Rovers
14/02/2007, 10:42 AM
maybe its just me but I've never been able to view any of the videos on website, tried on various computers even those with the right programmes. has anyone else had problems?

feo123
14/02/2007, 12:55 PM
yeah i can never do it either.....a tad annoying at times!

SeaniesRedArmy
14/02/2007, 8:14 PM
ive watched videos on it. works grand

Midgit
15/02/2007, 3:30 PM
Works for me!